BONUS MUSIC QUIZ BEFORE SATURDAY'S QUIZ

A slight rejig, all your Games and Quizzes are now here!

Re: BONUS MUSIC QUIZ BEFORE SATURDAY'S QUIZ

Postby magpie in the 80's » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:19 pm

2 Q'S TO ANSWER
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby southee » Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:29 pm

6. Phil Collins
16. Rage against the machine

:wink:
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 861 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:02 pm

southee wrote:6. Phil Collins
16. Rage against the machine

:wink:

well done southee
both correct and also ends this quiz
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby magpie in the 80's » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:03 pm

magpie in the 80's wrote:Q1. The industrial group Bigod 20 released a version of which Madonna hit in 1993? LIKE A PRAYER
Q2. Which Jimi Hendrix song was covered by the Cure? PURPLE HAZE
Q3. Which funky hits were covered by the Red Hot Chili Peppers?
A) "Higher Ground" only..............B) "Higher Ground," "We Are Family" and "Love Rollercoaster"
C) "We Are Family" only.............D) "Higher Ground" and "Love Rollercoaster"
Q4. Which band covered Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal"? ALIEN ANT FARM
Q5. Which artist covered the Beatles' song "Dear Prudence"? SIOUXSIE AND THE BANSHEES
Q6. Which artist covered the Beatles' "Tomorrow Never Knows"? PHIL COLLINS
Q7. Which song and artist was the first hit for the Cowboy Junkies? VELVET UNDERGROUND'S SWEET JANE
Q8. Which punk band recorded "I Fought the Law" in 1978? THE CLASH
Q9. After the vocalist committed suicide, which band's 1980 "Love Will Tear Us Apart" was covered in 1983 when the band reformed as New Order? JOY DIVISION
Q10. What number one hit single from the 80's was recorded by rapcore band Limp Bizkit in 1997? GEORGE MICHAEL'S FAITH
Q11. "Last Kiss" was originally recorded in 1962 by Wayne Cochran & the C.C. Riders but was remade with much greater success in 1964, 1973 and finally in 1998. Which band recorded the 1998 version? PEARL JAM
Q12. Orgy's biggest hit was a 1998 cover of which band's "Blue Monday"? NEW ORDER
Q13. Public Enemy re-recorded their own 1987 "Bring the Noise" in 1991 as a collaboration with which metal band? ANTHRAX
Q14. Which Rolling Stones classic was hauntingly covered by goth band The Sisters of Mercy in 1983? GIMME SHELTER
Q15. Which of the following was not covered by Guns N' Roses?
A) Bob Dylan, "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" ...............B) McCartney and Wings, "Live and Let Die"
C) The Who, "Can You See the Real Me?"............... D) The Rolling Stones, "Sympathy for the Devil"
Q16. The electronic/rap single "Renegades of Funk" was originally released by Afrika Bambaataa and the Soulsonic Force in 1984 but re-released in 1993. Which band released a cover version in 2000? RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
Q17. Who had a Top 10 UK hit in 1986 with Australian Johnny O'Keefe's 1959 song "Wild One," the cover version of which was titled "Real Wild Child (Wild One)"? IGGY POP
Q18. The title track "Strange Little Girl" from Tori Amos's 2001 cover lp "Strange Little Girls" was originally recorded by which act in 1982? THE STRANGLERS
Q19. "Don't Leave Me This Way" was originally recorded by Harold Melvin and the Blue Notes and very successfully covered by Thelma Houston in the disco era. Which group covered the song in 1986? THE COMMUNARDS
Q20. Let's turn the tables on the last one and ask which Nine Inch Nails song was covered by country legend Johnny Cash? HURT

END OF QUIZ :D
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Previous

Board index   General Talk  Games and Quiz Forum