MUSIC QUIZ 14. "2 HIT WONDERS"

A slight rejig, all your Games and Quizzes are now here!

MUSIC QUIZ 14. "2 HIT WONDERS"

Postby magpie in the 80's » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:09 pm

"A lot of performers have had one big hit, but a few of these have had a minor follow-up hit and this quiz deal with them. I give the well known hit and the artist and you have to pick out there lesser known hit from the U.S.charts"

Q1. Neneh Cherry had the number 3 song with 'Buffalo Stance' but which song did she take to number 8 in the U.S.? KISSES ON THE WIND
Q2. The Climax Blues band took 'Couldn't Get It Right' to number 3, but which followup went to number 12? I LOVE YOU
Q3. Club Nouveau took 'Lean on Me' all the way to the top of the chart, but could only get to number 39 with which song? WHY YOU TREAT ME SO BAD
Q4. The Spencer Davis Group took 'Gimme Some Lovin'' to number 7, but which song did they take to number 10? I'M A MAN
Q5. Robbie Dupree took 'Steal Away' to number 6, but only could get to number 15 with which song? HOT ROD HEARTS
Q6. EMF took 'Unbelievable' to number 1, but their follow-up only hit number 18, what song? LIES
Q7. Extreme took 'More then Words' to number 1, and got as high as number 4 with which of their follow-up songs? HOLE HEARTED
Q8. Falco took 'Rock me Amadeus' to number 1 but only could this high with what song? VIENNA CALLING
Q9. Foxy took 'Get off' to number 9, but only got to number 21 with which song? HOT NUMBER
Q10. Gloria Gaynor took her second hit 'I will Survive' to number 1, but her first hit only got as high as number 9, what was her first hit? NEVER CAN SAY GOOBYE
Q11. Golden Earring took 'Radar Love' to number 13, but went 3 spot higher to number 10 with their follow-up. What song was their follow-up? TWILIGHT ZONE
Q12. Eddy Grant took 'Electric Avenue' to number 2, but followed up that song with which song that hit number 26. ROMANCIN THE STONE
Q13. Great White took 'Once Bitten, Twice Shy' to Number 5, but which song of theirs went only to number 30? THE ANGEL SONG
Q14. Henry Gross took 'Shannon' to number 6, but his follow-up only went to number 37, what song was it? SPRINGTIME MAMA
Q15. Albert Hammond took 'It Never Rains in Southern California' to number 5, but with which song did he get only to number 31 with? IM A TRAIN
Q16. Dan Hill took 'Sometimes When We Touch' to Number 3, and followed that up with a number 6 with which song? CANT WE TRY
Q17. The Hues Corporation hit number 1 with 'Rock the Boat', but what song did they take to number 18? ROCKIN SOUL
Q18. Julio Iglesias took 'To All the Girls I've Loved Before' to number 5 with the help of Willie Nelson, but only could get to number 19 with his follow-up, what song was it? ALL OF YOU
Q19. The Irish Rovers took 'The Unicorn' to number 7, then dropped the Irish from their name at went to number 37 with what song as The Rovers WASN'T THAT A PARTY
Q20. Johnny Hates Jazz went to number 2 with 'Shattered Dreams' but hit number 31 with which follow-up song? I DON'T WANT TO BE A HERO
Q21. Don Johnson took 'Heartbeat' to number 5, but when teamed up with Barbra Streisand could only get to number 25, which song did he duet with Streisand? TILL I LOVED YOU
Q22. Looking Glass took 'Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)' to number 1, but only got as high as 33 with which song? JIMMY LOVES MARY-ANNE
Q23. Chuck Mangione hit number 4 with the instrumental 'Feels So Good' , but only number 18 with his second hit, what song? GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT
Q24. Men Without Hats took 'The Safety Dance' to number 1, but their follow-up went only to number 20, what song? POP GOES THE WORLD
Q25. Alannah Myles took 'Black Velvet' to number 1, but her follow-up stopped at number 36, what song? LOVE IS
Last edited by magpie in the 80's on Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Re: MUSIC QUIZ 14. "2 HIT WONDERS"

Postby Kahuna » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:26 pm

4) I'm A Man or Keep On Runnin?
15)Down by the River
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 513 times
Been liked: 190 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:34 pm

Kahuna wrote:4) I'm A Man.......CORRECT or Keep On Runnin?
15)Down by the River...........INCORRECT
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby locky801 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:45 pm

mmm this one looks a lot harder :evil:
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3954 times
Been liked: 1228 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:49 pm

locky801 wrote:mmm this one looks a lot harder :evil:

i got a PM saying the general knowledge quiz was too hard and the music to easy last week.
NOW
iv'e had a PM saying the general knowledge is easier BUT the music is hard :lol: :shock:
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby JK » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:20 pm

1. Kisses In The Wind
2. I Love You
3. Why You Treat Me So Bad
4. I'm A Man
5. Hot Rod Hearts
6. Lies
7. Hole Hearted
8. Vienna Calling
9. Hot Number
10. Never Can Say Goodbye
11. Twilight Zone
12. Romancin' The Stone
13. The angel Song
14. Springtime Mama
15. I'm A Train
16. Can't We Try
17. Rockin Soul
18. All Of You
19. Wasn't That A Party
20. I Don't Want To Be A Hero
21. Till I Loved You
22. Jimmy Loves Mary-Anne
23. Give It All You Got
24. Pop Goes The World
25. Love Is
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4471 times
Been liked: 3017 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby magpie in the 80's » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:35 pm

Constance_Perm wrote:1. Kisses In The Wind
2. I Love You
3. Why You Treat Me So Bad
4. I'm A Man
5. Hot Rod Hearts
6. Lies
7. Hole Hearted
8. Vienna Calling
9. Hot Number
10. Never Can Say Goodbye
11. Twilight Zone
12. Romancin' The Stone
13. The angel Song
14. Springtime Mama
15. I'm A Train
16. Can't We Try
17. Rockin Soul
18. All Of You
19. Wasn't That A Party
20. I Don't Want To Be A Hero
21. Till I Loved You
22. Jimmy Loves Mary-Anne
23. Give It All You Got
24. Pop Goes The World
25. Love Is

:shock: :shock: ALL CORRECT CP :wink: :lol:
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby magpie in the 80's » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:43 pm

magpie in the 80's wrote:"A lot of performers have had one big hit, but a few of these have had a minor follow-up hit and this quiz deal with them. I give the well known hit and the artist and you have to pick out there lesser known hit from the U.S.charts"

Q1. Neneh Cherry had the number 3 song with 'Buffalo Stance' but which song did she take to number 8 in the U.S.? KISSES ON THE WIND
Q2. The Climax Blues band took 'Couldn't Get It Right' to number 3, but which followup went to number 12? I LOVE YOU
Q3. Club Nouveau took 'Lean on Me' all the way to the top of the chart, but could only get to number 39 with which song? WHY YOU TREAT ME SO BAD
Q4. The Spencer Davis Group took 'Gimme Some Lovin'' to number 7, but which song did they take to number 10? I'M A MAN
Q5. Robbie Dupree took 'Steal Away' to number 6, but only could get to number 15 with which song? HOT ROD HEARTS
Q6. EMF took 'Unbelievable' to number 1, but their follow-up only hit number 18, what song? LIES
Q7. Extreme took 'More then Words' to number 1, and got as high as number 4 with which of their follow-up songs? HOLE HEARTED
Q8. Falco took 'Rock me Amadeus' to number 1 but only could this high with what song? VIENNA CALLING
Q9. Foxy took 'Get off' to number 9, but only got to number 21 with which song? HOT NUMBER
Q10. Gloria Gaynor took her second hit 'I will Survive' to number 1, but her first hit only got as high as number 9, what was her first hit? NEVER CAN SAY GOOBYE
Q11. Golden Earring took 'Radar Love' to number 13, but went 3 spot higher to number 10 with their follow-up. What song was their follow-up? TWILIGHT ZONE
Q12. Eddy Grant took 'Electric Avenue' to number 2, but followed up that song with which song that hit number 26. ROMANCIN THE STONE
Q13. Great White took 'Once Bitten, Twice Shy' to Number 5, but which song of theirs went only to number 30? THE ANGEL SONG
Q14. Henry Gross took 'Shannon' to number 6, but his follow-up only went to number 37, what song was it? SPRINGTIME MAMA
Q15. Albert Hammond took 'It Never Rains in Southern California' to number 5, but with which song did he get only to number 31 with? IM A TRAIN
Q16. Dan Hill took 'Sometimes When We Touch' to Number 3, and followed that up with a number 6 with which song? CANT WE TRY
Q17. The Hues Corporation hit number 1 with 'Rock the Boat', but what song did they take to number 18? ROCKIN SOUL
Q18. Julio Iglesias took 'To All the Girls I've Loved Before' to number 5 with the help of Willie Nelson, but only could get to number 19 with his follow-up, what song was it? ALL OF YOU
Q19. The Irish Rovers took 'The Unicorn' to number 7, then dropped the Irish from their name at went to number 37 with what song as The Rovers WASN'T THAT A PARTY
Q20. Johnny Hates Jazz went to number 2 with 'Shattered Dreams' but hit number 31 with which follow-up song? I DON'T WANT TO BE A HERO
Q21. Don Johnson took 'Heartbeat' to number 5, but when teamed up with Barbra Streisand could only get to number 25, which song did he duet with Streisand? TILL I LOVED YOU
Q22. Looking Glass took 'Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)' to number 1, but only got as high as 33 with which song? JIMMY LOVES MARY-ANNE
Q23. Chuck Mangione hit number 4 with the instrumental 'Feels So Good' , but only number 18 with his second hit, what song? GIVE IT ALL YOU GOT
Q24. Men Without Hats took 'The Safety Dance' to number 1, but their follow-up went only to number 20, what song? POP GOES THE WORLD
Q25. Alannah Myles took 'Black Velvet' to number 1, but her follow-up stopped at number 36, what song? LOVE IS

END OF QUIZ :D
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby locky801 » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:53 pm

hell and I said it was hard, went had me T Bone come back all answered, sensational now all we need to do is hear Constance sing them all :D :D :D well done music guru
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3954 times
Been liked: 1228 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:00 pm

locky801 wrote:

hell and I said it was hard, went had me T Bone come back all answered, sensational now all we need to do is hear Constance sing them all :D :D :D well done music guru

CP just put LEAPING LINDNER to shame :shock: :wink:
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Board index   General Talk  Games and Quiz Forum