Who is who? Mafia 1976-2002

A slight rejig, all your Games and Quizzes are now here!

Who is who? Mafia 1976-2002

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:21 pm

Who’s who – Mafia 1976 – 2002

Red was a low key very old school Mafia boss. Red believed strongly in blood ties and the loyalty those blood ties provided. Under Red's leadership the Gold crime family become one of the most powerful mob organisations in the world. Towards the end of his life though Red made one of his biggest mistakes. As Red was coming towards the end of his life he anointed that his brother in law, Blue was to be the new head of the Gold family.

Blue was a very successful businessman who happened to be married to Red's sister. A successful businessman perhaps but a good mob boss he wasn’t. When Red passed away in 1976 and Blue became the Don of the Gold family he made several blunders that didn’t endear him to Gold soldiers. The Gold soldiers already resented Blue because Blue hadn’t done hard yards on the streets. The second bone of contention was the fact that Red overlooked the Gold family underboss, Orange for the leadership of the family. Orange was a tough old hood who had done the hard yards in the street and he was very well respected within the Gold family. Orange just happened to be the mentor for Green who was to play a major part in Blue’s eventual downfall. Green was furious that Orange had been overlooked and he hated Blue right from the very start.

Blue’s clangers didn’t stop there. One of his directives was that all of the Gold family Capos had to regularly report to him. This was a bonus for the Feds because all of a sudden they knew who all the key players were within the Gold family. Blue was also obsessively greedy and demanded his Capos and Soldiers kick up ever increasing amounts to them. Blue also lost respect when he failed to detect that the FBI had bugged his house. FBI recordings soon found that Blue was having an affair with is Columbian housekeeper and sickly sweet romantic nonsense was captured (and published) for all the world to see. Even more galling for Gold family soldiers was that Blue had promoted his driver Teal to underboss should Blue go inside as a result of the FBI wiretaps instead of more senior Mafiosi. Blue was on thin ice.

The final straw for Blue was when Orange passed away. Blue failed to show the proper respect to Orange by not appearing at his funeral because the Feds were all over Blue. This lack of respect shown to Orange was unforgivable in the eyes of Green who hatched a plot to whack Blue. Green and his chief lieutenant Brown organised a hit team to whack Blue and Teal outside of Sparks Steak House in December 1985. One of the hit team was the infamous hit man, Pink. It was Pink who hit Teal while other members of the hit team whacked Blue.

After the successful 1985 hit of Blue, Green engineered a takeover of the Gold family and he became the new Don. Green was not the smart businessman that Blue was and he certainly wasn’t low key like Red. Green was a very public, very well dressed Don. Like Al Capone before him, Green was highly visible and indeed did many fine things for his community while all the time continuing on with his empire of crime. He wasn’t as smart as his predecessors though and his visible public persona along with is uncanny knack of escaping convictions in court soon gave him the nickname of the ‘Teflon Don’ as the charges never seemed to stick.

Green got his comeuppance when he was betrayed by his chief henchman Brown. Green and Brown went back many years but by the late eighties and early nineties mob guys were ratting each other out in a manner that just wasn’t happening in earlier decades. It took law enforcement 60 years to get to Valacchi but the RICO act and the downfall of the traditional culture of omerta put massive strain on mobsters everywhere. The Feds wanted Green bad and they had plenty of stuff on Brown. Brown sang like a canary at Green’s trial and Green was put away for life. Green died of lung cancer in jail in 2002.

Brown was given a sweetheart deal by the Feds. After confessing to being personally responsible for 19 killings, the Feds were so keen to nail Green that they let him off with time served (five years) and even allowed him to keep all of the illicit earnings he had made from crime! Brown’s victims were appalled by this travesty of justice.

Meanwhile, the law had finally caught up with the hitman Pink. Pink had survived as a highly successful hitman by varying his methods and keeping his mouth shut. As a non Italian Pink could not only work for the Gold family but any other crime family and this would reduce the amount of revenge slayings as it was understood that it was ‘just business’. Pink got a life sentence and became a ‘homicide superstar’ after a series of HBO specials. One of the HBO specials involved came about when a young detective starting asking questions about the murder of a policemen in New Jersey.

Pink didn’t want the death sentence so he pleaded guilty to the crime once a deal had been made and he soon revealed that he had been given the contract by none other than Brown who was the Feds’ pin up boy at this time. It was alleged that this murder was known by the Feds and that it was swept under the carpet by the FBI because they only had eyes for Green.

Of course all hell broke lose. Pink agreed to testify against Brown because he quite rightly thought that Brown was a rat who deserved his whack. The New Jersey police could not look the other way even though this cop was as bent as the soviet sickle. Pink had allegedly been offered 200k not to testify against Brown which Pink refused. Soon after this deal fell through Pink, a giant of a man started to get very sick and he was convinced that someone was trying to poison him. Pink died the day before Brown’s trial was due to get underway and the charges were eventually dropped.

Brown eventually proved how much of a dumb **** he was when he involved his whole family in an ecstasy selling operation to school kids! After living on the witness protection program, getting a sweetheart deal from the feds and keeping his ill gotten gains, this genius pissed all away selling drugs to kids. He got sent down the river for 20 years.
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Re: Who is who? Mafia 1976-1992

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:27 pm

Questions

Who is RED
Who is BLUE
Who are GOLD
Who is ORANGE
Who is TEAL
Who is GREEN
Who is BROWN
Who is PINK

Ratings

8: Don
7: Underboss
6: Consiligre
5: Capo
4: Soldier
2-3: Associate
0-1: Rat

Please PM me with your answers.

regards,

REB
Last edited by Rik E Boy on Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rik E Boy
Coach

Re: Who is who? Mafia 1976-1992

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:33 pm

Answers now PMd to the REBmaster.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: Who is who? Mafia 1976-2002

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:45 pm

You're a rat cos I wanted you to PM me with the answers. I didn't get the chance to write that up there LOL. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:26 pm

Doggy got six. That makes him a consilgre or family advisor and my Italian is as bad as my English.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:55 pm

And yes, I should have got Teal REB but for the life of me I can't remember his name, although I can picture the photo of the crime scene quite vividly.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Board index   General Talk  Games and Quiz Forum