VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

A slight rejig, all your Games and Quizzes are now here!

VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby RustyCage » Wed May 30, 2012 1:34 am

Listed below are venues that have been used as a home ground for VFL/AFL clubs, either for extented periods of time or as a temporary measure. The number in brackets shows how many clubs have called that venue home. Good luck!


Arden Street Oval (1) - North Melbourne
Brunswick Street Oval (1) - Fitzroy

Carrara (3)- Brisbane, North Melbourne, Gold Coast
Coburg Oval (1) - North Melbourne
Corio Oval (1) - Geelong

East Melbourne Cricket Ground (2) - Essendon, University
Glenferrie Oval (1) - Hawthorn
Junction Oval (3) - St Kilda, Fitzroy, South Melbourne
Lake Oval (2) - South Melbourne
Manuka (3) - North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, GWS
Marrara (3) - Western Bulldogs, Richmond, Melbourne
Melbourne University (1) - University
Moorabbin Oval (1) - St Kilda

North Hobart Oval (1) - Fitzroy
Olympic Park (1) - Melbourne
Princes Park (7) - Carlton, Fitzroy, Hawthorn, South Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Richmond
Punt Road Oval (2) - Richmond, Melbourne
Toorak Park (1) - St Kilda
Victoria Park (2) - Collingwood, Fitzroy
WACA (2) - West Coast, Fremantle
Waverley Park (2) - Hawthorn, St Kilda
Whitten Oval (2) - Western Bulldogs, Fitzroy
Windy Hill (1) - Essendon
Yarraville Oval (1) - Western Bulldogs

York Park (2) - Hawthorn, St Kilda
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
User avatar
RustyCage
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 1201 times
Been liked: 853 times

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed May 30, 2012 6:24 am

pafc1870 wrote:Listed below are venues that have been used as a home ground for VFL/AFL clubs, either for extented periods of time or as a temporary measure. The number in brackets shows how many clubs have called that venue home. Good luck!


Arden Street Oval (1) N Melb
Brunswick Street Oval (1) Fitz
Carrara (3) Brisbane, Melb, North
Coburg Oval (1)
Corio Oval (1) Geelong
East Melbourne Cricket Ground (2) Essendon, Melb
Glenferrie Oval (1) Hawthorn
Junction Oval (3) St Kilda, Melb, Fitz
Lake Oval (2) South Melb, St Kilda
Manuka (3) N Melb, Bulldogs, Melb
Marrara (2) Bulldogs, Port
Melbourne University (1) Uni
Moorabbin Oval (1) St Kilda
North Hobart Oval (1) North
Olympic Park (1) Melb
Princess Park (7) Carlton, Fitzroy, Hawthorn,
Punt Road Oval (2) Richmond, Melb
Toorak Park (1)
Victoria Park (2) Collingwood, Fitzroy
WACA (2) West Coast, Freo
Waverley Park (2) St Kilda, Hawthorn
Whitten Oval (2) Bulldogs, Fitzroy
Windy Hill (1) Essendon
Yarraville Oval (1) Footscray
York Park (2) North, Hawthorn
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby carey » Wed May 30, 2012 7:29 am

Mr Beefy wrote:
pafc1870 wrote:Listed below are venues that have been used as a home ground for VFL/AFL clubs, either for extented periods of time or as a temporary measure. The number in brackets shows how many clubs have called that venue home. Good luck!


Arden Street Oval (1) N Melb
Brunswick Street Oval (1) Fitz
Carrara (3) Brisbane, Melb, North
Coburg Oval (1) Richmond???
Corio Oval (1) Geelong
East Melbourne Cricket Ground (2) Essendon, Melb
Glenferrie Oval (1) Hawthorn
Junction Oval (3) St Kilda, Melb, Fitz
Lake Oval (2) South Melb, St Kilda
Manuka (3) N Melb, Bulldogs, Melb
Marrara (2) Bulldogs, Port
Melbourne University (1) Uni
Moorabbin Oval (1) St Kilda
North Hobart Oval (1) North
Olympic Park (1) Melb
Princess Park (7) Carlton, Fitzroy, Hawthorn,
Punt Road Oval (2) Richmond, Melb
Toorak Park (1) Carlton???
Victoria Park (2) Collingwood, Fitzroy
WACA (2) West Coast, Freo
Waverley Park (2) St Kilda, Hawthorn
Whitten Oval (2) Bulldogs, Fitzroy
Windy Hill (1) Essendon
Yarraville Oval (1) Footscray
York Park (2) North, Hawthorn
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
User avatar
carey
Coach
 
 
Posts: 19908
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:20 pm
Location: From a place i shouldn't be.
Has liked: 2429 times
Been liked: 2549 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby heater31 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:04 am

Coburg Oval - North Melbourne
User avatar
heater31
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 15667
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:42 am
Location: the back blocks
Has liked: 469 times
Been liked: 1113 times

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby RustyCage » Wed May 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Arden Street Oval (1) N Melb
Brunswick Street Oval (1) Fitz
Carrara (3) Brisbane, North
Corio Oval (1) Geelong
East Melbourne Cricket Ground (2) Essendon
Glenferrie Oval (1) Hawthorn
Junction Oval (3) St Kilda, Fitz
Lake Oval (2) South Melb
Manuka (3) N Melb, Bulldogs
Marrara (2) Bulldogs
Melbourne University (1) Uni
Moorabbin Oval (1) St Kilda
Olympic Park (1) Melb
Princess Park (7) Carlton, Fitzroy, Hawthorn,
Punt Road Oval (2) Richmond, Melb
Victoria Park (2) Collingwood, Fitzroy
WACA (2) West Coast, Freo
Waverley Park (2) St Kilda, Hawthorn
Whitten Oval (2) Bulldogs, Fitzroy
Windy Hill (1) Essendon
Yarraville Oval (1) Footscray
York Park (2) Hawthorn


Good get with some of them! The rest were incorrect
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
User avatar
RustyCage
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 1201 times
Been liked: 853 times

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby RustyCage » Wed May 30, 2012 1:12 pm

carey wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:
pafc1870 wrote:Listed below are venues that have been used as a home ground for VFL/AFL clubs, either for extented periods of time or as a temporary measure. The number in brackets shows how many clubs have called that venue home. Good luck!


Arden Street Oval (1) N Melb
Brunswick Street Oval (1) Fitz
Carrara (3) Brisbane, Melb, North
Coburg Oval (1) Richmond???
Corio Oval (1) Geelong
East Melbourne Cricket Ground (2) Essendon, Melb
Glenferrie Oval (1) Hawthorn
Junction Oval (3) St Kilda, Melb, Fitz
Lake Oval (2) South Melb, St Kilda
Manuka (3) N Melb, Bulldogs, Melb
Marrara (2) Bulldogs, Port
Melbourne University (1) Uni
Moorabbin Oval (1) St Kilda
North Hobart Oval (1) North
Olympic Park (1) Melb
Princess Park (7) Carlton, Fitzroy, Hawthorn,
Punt Road Oval (2) Richmond, Melb
Toorak Park (1) Carlton???
Victoria Park (2) Collingwood, Fitzroy
WACA (2) West Coast, Freo
Waverley Park (2) St Kilda, Hawthorn
Whitten Oval (2) Bulldogs, Fitzroy
Windy Hill (1) Essendon
Yarraville Oval (1) Footscray
York Park (2) North, Hawthorn


no to of those
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
User avatar
RustyCage
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 1201 times
Been liked: 853 times

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby RustyCage » Wed May 30, 2012 1:12 pm

heater31 wrote:Coburg Oval - North Melbourne


yes
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
User avatar
RustyCage
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 1201 times
Been liked: 853 times

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:22 pm

pafc1870 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:Arden Street Oval (1) N Melb
Brunswick Street Oval (1) Fitz
Carrara (3) Brisbane, North, Gold Coast
Corio Oval (1) Geelong
East Melbourne Cricket Ground (2) Essendon, University
Glenferrie Oval (1) Hawthorn
Junction Oval (3) St Kilda, Fitz, South Melb?
Lake Oval (2) South Melb
Manuka (3) N Melb, Bulldogs, GWS
Marrara (2) Bulldogs, Port Power
Melbourne University (1) Uni
Moorabbin Oval (1) St Kilda
Olympic Park (1) Melb
Princess Park (7) Carlton, Fitzroy, Hawthorn, South Melb, Footscray, Melb, Collingwood
Punt Road Oval (2) Richmond, Melb
Toorak Park (1) St Kida
Victoria Park (2) Collingwood, Fitzroy
WACA (2) West Coast, Freo
Waverley Park (2) St Kilda, Hawthorn
Whitten Oval (2) Bulldogs, Fitzroy
Windy Hill (1) Essendon
Yarraville Oval (1) Footscray
York Park (2) Hawthorn, Saints
WE ARE GEELONG!
User avatar
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:38 am
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby RustyCage » Wed May 30, 2012 1:26 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Carrara (3) Brisbane, North, Gold Coast
East Melbourne Cricket Ground (2) Essendon, University
Junction Oval (3) St Kilda, Fitz, South Melb?
Manuka (3) N Melb, Bulldogs, GWS

Marrara (2) Bulldogs, Port Power
Princess Park (7) Carlton, Fitzroy, Hawthorn, South Melb, Footscray, Melb, Collingwood
York Park (2) Hawthorn, Saints


very good effort
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
User avatar
RustyCage
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 1201 times
Been liked: 853 times

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:29 pm

Marrara - Port, Freo (must have been their home game against WB)
Princess Park - University
Last edited by BoundaryRider84 on Wed May 30, 2012 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE GEELONG!
User avatar
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:38 am
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby RustyCage » Wed May 30, 2012 1:31 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
pafc1870 wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:Carrara (3) Brisbane, North, Gold Coast
East Melbourne Cricket Ground (2) Essendon, University
Junction Oval (3) St Kilda, Fitz, South Melb?
Manuka (3) N Melb, Bulldogs, GWS

Marrara (2) Port, Freo (must have been a Freo home game aginst WB)
[color=#40BF00]Princess Park (7) Carlton, Fitzroy, Hawthorn, South Melb, Footscray,
Melb, Collingwood
York Park (2) Hawthorn, Saints


very good effort


not freo, Melbourne based team
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
User avatar
RustyCage
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 1201 times
Been liked: 853 times

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed May 30, 2012 1:31 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
pafc1870 wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:Carrara (3) Brisbane, North, Gold Coast
East Melbourne Cricket Ground (2) Essendon, University
Junction Oval (3) St Kilda, Fitz, South Melb?
Manuka (3) N Melb, Bulldogs, GWS

Marrara (2) Port, Freo (must have been a Freo home game aginst WB)
[color=#40BF00]Princess Park (7) Carlton, Fitzroy, Hawthorn, South Melb, Footscray,
Melb, Collingwood
York Park (2) Hawthorn, Saints


very good effort

Marrara - Western Bulldogs is correct, the other team is not Port
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby RustyCage » Wed May 30, 2012 1:33 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:Marrara - Port, Freo (must have been their home game against WB)
Princess Park - University


not University
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
User avatar
RustyCage
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 1201 times
Been liked: 853 times

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:34 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:
pafc1870 wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:Carrara (3) Brisbane, North, Gold Coast
East Melbourne Cricket Ground (2) Essendon, University
Junction Oval (3) St Kilda, Fitz, South Melb?
Manuka (3) N Melb, Bulldogs, GWS

Marrara (2) Port, Freo (must have been a Freo home game aginst WB)
[color=#40BF00]Princess Park (7) Carlton, Fitzroy, Hawthorn, South Melb, Footscray,
Melb, Collingwood
York Park (2) Hawthorn, Saints


very good effort

Marrara - Western Bulldogs is correct, the other team is not Port


Then there is 3, cause Port Power played home games at (marrara Oval -TIO Stadium). The other is RICHMOND
WE ARE GEELONG!
User avatar
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:38 am
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby RustyCage » Wed May 30, 2012 1:36 pm

BoundaryRider84 wrote:
Then there is 3, cause Port Power played home games at (marrara Oval -TIO Stadium). The other is RICHMOND


Richmond yes, Port made a deal with the AFL to be the away team against WB and Richmond
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
User avatar
RustyCage
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 1201 times
Been liked: 853 times

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed May 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Melb at Marrara? They are playing Port there in round 17
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Wed May 30, 2012 1:38 pm

pafc1870 wrote:
BoundaryRider84 wrote:
Then there is 3, cause Port Power played home games at (marrara Oval -TIO Stadium). The other is RICHMOND


Richmond yes, Port made a deal with the AFL to be the away team against WB and Richmond


My mistake, sincere apologies. Thought they were playing home games!
North Hobart - Fitzroy in early 90's??
Last edited by BoundaryRider84 on Wed May 30, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WE ARE GEELONG!
User avatar
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 2057
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:38 am
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby RustyCage » Wed May 30, 2012 1:38 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:Melb at Marrara? They are playing Port there in round 17


you are right! I'll add that
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
User avatar
RustyCage
Moderator
 
 
Posts: 14987
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:23 pm
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 1201 times
Been liked: 853 times

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby Strawb » Wed May 30, 2012 1:39 pm

pafc1870 wrote:Listed below are venues that have been used as a home ground for VFL/AFL clubs, either for extented periods of time or as a temporary measure. The number in brackets shows how many clubs have called that venue home. Good luck!


Arden Street Oval (1) - North Melbourne
Brunswick Street Oval (1) - Fitzroy

Carrara (3)- Brisbane, North Melbourne, Gold Coast
Coburg Oval (1) - North Melbourne
Corio Oval (1) - Geelong

East Melbourne Cricket Ground (2) - Essendon, University
Glenferrie Oval (1) - Hawthorn
Junction Oval (3) - St Kilda, Fitzroy, South Melbourne
Lake Oval (2) - South Melbourne
Manuka (3) - North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, GWS
Marrara (2) - Western Bulldogs, Richmond
Melbourne University (1) - University
Moorabbin Oval (1) - St Kilda

North Hobart Oval (1) -
Olympic Park (1) - Melbourne
Princess Park (7) - Carlton, Fitzroy, Hawthorn, South Melbourne, Western Bulldogs
Punt Road Oval (2) - Richmond, Melbourne
Toorak Park (1) - St. Kilda and Sth Melbourne for one game.
Victoria Park (2) - Collingwood, Fitzroy
WACA (2) - West Coast, Fremantle
Waverley Park (2) - Hawthorn, St Kilda
Whitten Oval (2) - Western Bulldogs, Fitzroy
Windy Hill (1) - Essendon
Yarraville Oval (1) - Western Bulldogs

York Park (2) - Hawthorn, St Kilda
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach
 
 
Posts: 8604
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:16 pm
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Re: VFL/AFL Home Ground Quiz

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed May 30, 2012 1:42 pm

Cazaly Statdium - Richmond
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4346
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 349 times
Been liked: 491 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Next

Board index   General Talk  Games and Quiz Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Trader and 2 guests