cricket quiz

A slight rejig, all your Games and Quizzes are now here!

cricket quiz

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:02 am

Question 1: Which famous Indian Cricketer is nicknamed 'Jammy'?
Question 2: Who is the tallest Aussie pacer till date?
Question 3: Which sport did Kenya and Zimbabwe play(apart from Cricket) after their match was abandoned in the 1996 Cricket World Cup?
Question 4: Which Indian has scored the slowest century in test match cricket?(508 minutes)
Question 5: Which West Indian cricketer has named his daughter Sydney because of his fabulous knock of 277 in Australia(Sydney) in 1992-93?
Question 6: Born in West Indies I used to play for India. Who am I?
Question 7: I was a National level skating champion at the age of 12. Now I am an Indian Cricketer. Who am I?
Question 8: J.Davison scored the fastest century in World Cup history(up to WC 2003).Which team did he belong to?
Question 9: Shahid Afridi(Pakistan) scored the fastest century in 37 balls which is the fastest in ODIs. Who was Pakistan's opponent?
Question 10: Which former Indian pacer was recently appointed as a mach refree by the ICC?
Question 11: On what type of delivery was Sanath Jayasuriya(Sri Lanka) out during his knock of 189 against India?
Question 12: Which South African was nicknamed 'Martzburg Mamba'
Question 13: Who was the first Sikh player to play international cricket for England?
Question 14: Who was the first batsman in the history of ODIs to be given out by third umpire?
Question 15: Which cricketer was struck by lightning during an ODI and was hospitalized?
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:40 am

1) -
2) I'll go with Bruce Reid - but there might have been someone taller in the very early days.
3) Soccer?
4) Farokh Engineer?
5) Brian Lara
6) -
7) -
8) Canada
9) Sri Lanka. He also has the second fastest, against India (look for it on you tube!)
10) Roger Binney?
11) double bounce?
12) have heard this nickname - can't think who
13) Can't think of any test players before Monty Panesar
14) -
15) -
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:07 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:1) -
2) I'll go with Bruce Reid - but there might have been someone taller in the very early days..... correct
3) Soccer?
4) Farokh Engineer?
5) Brian Lara...correct
6) -
7) -
8) Canada...correct
9) Sri Lanka. He also has the second fastest, against India (look for it on you tube!)...correct
10) Roger Binney?
11) double bounce?
13) Can't think of any test players before Monty Panesar....correct
14) -
15) -

4/15
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby rod_rooster » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:22 pm

magpie in the 80's wrote:
2) I'll go with Bruce Reid - but there might have been someone taller in the very early days..... correct
3) Soccer?
4) Farokh Engineer?
5) Brian Lara...correct
6) -
7) -
8) Canada...correct
9) Sri Lanka. He also has the second fastest, against India (look for it on you tube!)...correct
10) Roger Binney?
11) double bounce?
14) -
15) -

4/15

He actually got 5/15 didn't he?
rod_rooster
Coach

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Adelaide Hawk » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:23 pm

1) Jammy is Rahul Dravid
2) Reid
3) I think it was rugby (????)
4) No idea (guess - Gavaskar)
5) Lara
6) Robin Singh
7) Yavraj Singh
8) Canada
9) Sri Lanka
10) Indian pace man appointed match referee - Javagal (sp?) Srinath
11) no idea (guess - yorker)
12) Martzburg Mamba - Jonty Rhodes
13) I'm sure I heard a commentator say Panesar was the 1st Sikh to play for England (not sure)
14) First batsman to be given out by the 3rd umire was Sacchin Tendulkar
15) Mervyn Dillon was struck by lightening

Not sure of the rest
Adelaide Hawk
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:45 pm

rod_rooster wrote:
3) Soccer?
4) Farokh Engineer?
5) Brian Lara...correct
6) -
7) -
8) Canada...correct
10) Roger Binney?
11) double bounce?
14) -
15) -

4/15

He actually got 5/15 didn't he?

as MAL would say oops :oops: 5/15 correct thanks RR
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:51 pm

[quote="Adelaide Hawk"]1) Jammy is Rahul Dravid..correct
2) Reid...correct
3) I think it was rugby (????)...correct
5) Lara...correct
6) Robin Singh...correct
7) Yavraj Singh..correct
8) Canada...correct
9) Sri Lanka...correct
10) Indian pace man appointed match referee - Javagal (sp?) Srinath...correct and spelling too!!!
12) Martzburg Mamba - Jonty Rhodes...correct
13) I'm sure I heard a commentator say Panesar was the 1st Sikh to play for England (not sure)..correct
14) First batsman to be given out by the 3rd umpire was Sacchin Tendulkar...correct
15) Mervyn Dillon was struck by lightening....correct

Not sure of the rest
well done AH 13/15
only questions 4 and 11 to answer
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby rod_rooster » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:44 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:1) Jammy is Rahul Dravid..correct
2) Reid...correct
3) I think it was rugby (????)...correct
5) Lara...correct
6) Robin Singh...correct
7) Yavraj Singh..correct
8) Canada...correct
9) Sri Lanka...correct
10) Indian pace man appointed match referee - Javagal (sp?) Srinath...correct and spelling too!!!
12) Martzburg Mamba - Jonty Rhodes...correct
13) I'm sure I heard a commentator say Panesar was the 1st Sikh to play for England (not sure)..correct
14) First batsman to be given out by the 3rd umpire was Sacchin Tendulkar...correct
15) Mervyn Dillon was struck by lightening....correct

Not sure of the rest
well done AH 13/15
only questions 4 and 11 to answer

Question 4 baffled me. I was sure it wasn't an Indian and i was sure it was longer than 508 minutes. After doing a little research to satisfy my curiosity i found i was right. You've got the right continent that the player comes from though.

Question 11 - i think he was stumped off a wide.
rod_rooster
Coach

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:55 pm

RR correct on Q11

the answer from this quiz i found for Q4 was sanjay manjrekar. i think they were asking which indian has the record for the slowest century in test cricket because i think the slowest by any player was mudassar from pakistan in 1977?
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby rod_rooster » Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:03 pm

magpie in the 80's wrote:RR correct on Q11

the answer from this quiz i found for Q4 was sanjay manjrekar. i think they were asking which indian has the record for the slowest century in test cricket because i think the slowest by any player was mudassar from pakistan in 1977?

Correct. I read the question wrong. I thought you meant which Indian holds the record for the slowest century in Test cricket rather than what was the slowest test century by and Indian. Sorry for the confusion.
rod_rooster
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:58 am

I thought I had pretty good cricket general knowledge -but apparently not! Only 5!!!!!
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Re: cricket quiz

Postby Punk Rooster » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:06 am

Question 1: Which famous Indian Cricketer is nicknamed 'Jammy'?
Bruce Reid
Question 3: Which sport did Kenya and Zimbabwe play(apart from Cricket) after their match was abandoned in the 1996 Cricket World Cup?
Soccer
Question 4: Which Indian has scored the slowest century in test match cricket?(508 minutes)
VVS Laxman
Question 5: Which West Indian cricketer has named his daughter Sydney because of his fabulous knock of 277 in Australia(Sydney) in 1992-93?
Brian Lara
Question 7: I was a National level skating champion at the age of 12. Now I am an Indian Cricketer. Who am I?
Question 8: J.Davison scored the fastest century in World Cup history(up to WC 2003).Which team did he belong to?
Canada
Question 9: Shahid Afridi(Pakistan) scored the fastest century in 37 balls which is the fastest in ODIs. Who was Pakistan's opponent?
South Africa
Question 10: Which former Indian pacer was recently appointed as a mach refree by the ICC?
Question 11: On what type of delivery was Sanath Jayasuriya(Sri Lanka) out during his knock of 189 against India?
Doosra
Question 13: Who was the first Sikh player to play international cricket for England?
Monty Panesar
Question 14: Who was the first batsman in the history of ODIs to be given out by third umpire?
Question 15: Which cricketer was struck by lightning during an ODI and was hospitalized?

No idea, but had a crack
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Re: cricket quiz

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:21 am

Punk Rooster wrote:Question 1: Which famous Indian Cricketer is nicknamed 'Jammy'?
Bruce Reidcorrect
Soccer
[color=red]VVS Laxman

Brian Laracorrect
Canadacorrect
South Africa
Doosra
Monty Panesarcorrect

No idea, but had a crack

4/15PR
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Board index   General Talk  Games and Quiz Forum