THE SPORTS QUIZ OF THE YEAR 2006 WHO SAID?

A slight rejig, all your Games and Quizzes are now here!

THE SPORTS QUIZ OF THE YEAR 2006 WHO SAID?

Postby magpie in the 80's » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:39 pm

1 "She should not be here. I know that sounds sexist but I am sexist, so I am not going to be anything other than that."

2 "Dad would have been very proud. He was always on my case about thinking my way round a course and not letting emotions get the better of you. I think I succeeded on both counts today."TIGER WOODS

3 "It was just an absolute freak and there's nothing you can do about it. It was a routine clearance but it's hit a bobble, it's gone over my foot and there's nothing you can do about it."PAUL ROBINSON ENGLAND'S GOALKEEPER

4 "Free flights for everyone tonight!"

5 "I think we will win it, of course. But you know that you have huge opponents as well. We need no more injuries, a little bit of luck and good referees. It says everything about how difficult it is to win the World Cup that we have to go back so far."

6 "For me, pressure is bird flu. I am feeling a lot of pressure with the swan in Scotland. I am serious. I am more scared of bird flu than football. What is football compared with life? A swan with bird flu - for me that is the drama of the last two days. I have to buy some masks, maybe for my team as well."

7 "I want to ask for forgiveness from all the children who watched that. There was no excuse for it. I want to be open and honest about it because it was seen by two or three billion people watching on television and millions and millions of children were watching."

8 "I met him three times: once in a flat in London, once when he flew in from Brazil to Oxfordshire for a formal interview and then last week in Lisbon. That was part of the process. We went to discuss his potential involvement. He was not my first choice and he was not offered the job. Steve was my first choice. He did two fantastic interviews. I believe we have got the best man for the job."

9 "So far his captaincy is the most pathetic I've known... I found out that I was not in through watching television. How can that be right? Ian has put a lot of people through misery because he just hasn't done the right thing."

10 "You're not telling me that the only person guilty of taking a bung in the last decade is George Graham. I don't believe it."
Last edited by magpie in the 80's on Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby MW » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:08 pm

2. Tiger Woods
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:06 pm

MW

Q2 TIGER WOODS...CORRECT
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby magpie in the 80's » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:49 pm

STILL 9 QUESTIONS TO ANSWER
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Postby RoosterMarty » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:48 pm

3. Paul Robinson
RoosterMarty
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby magpie in the 80's » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:51 pm

[quote="RoosterMarty"]3. Paul Robinson....CORRECT
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Re: THE SPORTS QUIZ OF THE YEAR 2006 WHO SAID?

Postby magpie in the 80's » Sun May 20, 2007 1:06 pm

[quote="magpie in the 80's"]1 "She should not be here. I know that sounds sexist but I am sexist, so I am not going to be anything other than that."MIKE NEWELL AGAINST FEMALE REFEREE

2 "Dad would have been very proud. He was always on my case about thinking my way round a course and not letting emotions get the better of you. I think I succeeded on both counts today."TIGER WOODS

3 "It was just an absolute freak and there's nothing you can do about it. It was a routine clearance but it's hit a bobble, it's gone over my foot and there's nothing you can do about it."PAUL ROBINSON ENGLAND'S GOALKEEPER

4 "Free flights for everyone tonight!"MICHAEL O'LEARY CEO OF RYANAIR

5 "I think we will win it, of course. But you know that you have huge opponents as well. We need no more injuries, a little bit of luck and good referees. It says everything about how difficult it is to win the World Cup that we have to go back so far."SVEN GORAN ERIKKSON

6 "For me, pressure is bird flu. I am feeling a lot of pressure with the swan in Scotland. I am serious. I am more scared of bird flu than football. What is football compared with life? A swan with bird flu - for me that is the drama of the last two days. I have to buy some masks, maybe for my team as well."JOE MOURINHO

7 "I want to ask for forgiveness from all the children who watched that. There was no excuse for it. I want to be open and honest about it because it was seen by two or three billion people watching on television and millions and millions of children were watching."ZINEDINE ZIDANE

8 "I met him three times: once in a flat in London, once when he flew in from Brazil to Oxfordshire for a formal interview and then last week in Lisbon. That was part of the process. We went to discuss his potential involvement. He was not my first choice and he was not offered the job. Steve was my first choice. He did two fantastic interviews. I believe we have got the best man for the job."BRIAN BARWICK

9 "So far his captaincy is the most pathetic I've known... I found out that I was not in through watching television. How can that be right? Ian has put a lot of people through misery because he just hasn't done the right thing."THOMAS BJORN

10 "You're not telling me that the only person guilty of taking a bung in the last decade is George Graham. I don't believe it."MIKE NEWELL
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Board index   General Talk  Games and Quiz Forum