CHEATERS

Winter and Summer

Re: CHEATERS

Postby Psyber » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:07 pm

I'm prepared to assert the view that neither should be legal. Of course then we would have to blood test athletes prior to events to check their HCO3 levels were within range.. :wink:
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 395 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Adelaide Hawk » Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:58 pm

Psyber wrote:Yeah - all that thinning hair on guys in their twenties and the problems they have controlling their aggression and impulsiveness, make me think "Anabolic Steroids".

Sounds like a perfect description for a lot of AFL footballers.
Adelaide Hawk
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Adelaide Hawk » Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:07 pm

mal wrote:There are too many athletes getting sprung on performance enhancing substances.
I cant be bothered watching this crapp.

Then you've missed out on some extraordinary feats of human endeavour over the past couple of weeks. It's a pity you allow the deeds of a fews people who do the wrong thing to stand in the way if your enjoyment of a sporting feast.

Innocent until proven guilty is my motto, and the only time I've smelt a rat is the guy who beat Hacket in the 1500m freestyle. I've watched this event for many years, and after the race you always see the swimmers get out of the pool, almost unable to walk.

The guy who won this time just leaps out of the pool and runs around like he's only swum 50 metres. Then afterwards, I discover he's only just returned to the sport after being outed for doping. Left a nasty taste in the mouth.

Still, innocent until proven guilty, but in this case I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
Adelaide Hawk
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Olympics