TV Coverage by Channel 7

Winter and Summer

TV Coverage by Channel 7

Postby colliver69 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:12 pm

Tonights coverage on 7 to be kind has been poor
To completely ignore the Womens Hockey was ordinary. If 7 were fair dinkum they'd have a ticker on the bottom of the score running scores -- but oh no that would be too helpful for the viewers. From 1-4 down to win 5-4 deserves something at least.

As for SBS -- it's coverage would be the perfect forum to show the match in full. Obviously they are limited in what they can show, it is disappointing that we get some sort of Beach Volleyball game, not involving Aussie that was played at lunchtime

Time for an orchestrated lot of phone calls to 7 before they are allowed to keep getting away with this
Check out http://www.countryfooty.com.au - the home of SA Country Footy on the net
colliver69
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Re: TV Coverage by Channel 7

Postby Thiele » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:18 pm

Disgrace by 7 would have loved to watched the last couple of kilometers of the Womens road race but no we had the football. on thank god for beijing now and fiveaa
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby JAS » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:22 pm

Wish I could give you the BBC coverage...soccer (USA v Netherlands), boxing (god knows who) and weightlifting (arena only...nobody is competing at the mo) :evil: and apparently we just had a British win in the badminton but they didn't show that :evil: :evil: :evil:

Regards
JAS
You can't be a pirate if you don't have a beard. I said so. MY boat, MY rules.

We haven't got a plank. Just ******* jump

Trust no one The truth is everyone is going to let you down you eventually
JAS
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dirko » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:04 pm

Thiele wrote:Disgrace by 7 would have loved to watched the last couple of kilometers of the Womens road race but no we had the football. on thank god for beijing now and fiveaa

It was on SBS Thiele, but the Hockeyroos thing was a disgrace....
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Squawk » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:13 pm

Is the coverage confirmed as live - ie not on half hour delay?
I heard the hockeyroos game end on ABC radio but highlights of the game didn't show up for a good half an hour afterwards on C7. Maybe they need time to package the highlights!
What is obvious is the focus on 'hooking' viewers. They tempt viewers with what is coming up but they dont give you the times to go with it. Classic case was at the opening ceremony - how many times did SAndy and Bruce say "Australia is not far away now". It was an absolute coup for english speaking broadcast networks for the Chinese organisers to bring teams in to the arena in the order of the Chinese alphabet coz it meant Aust was 3rd last and Aust viewers could be strung along all night!
Last edited by Squawk on Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 3 times

Postby RustyCage » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:23 pm

Channel 7 don't cover any sport well.

The Boomers are playing now, but not on TV :evil:
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Dirko » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:29 pm

pafc1870 wrote:Channel 7 don't cover any sport well.

The Boomers are playing now, but not on TV :evil:

Yeah but the swimming heats are on :roll:

******* assholes :evil: :evil:
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Brad » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:16 pm

7 used to be (I think) good at covering sport now they are just hopeless and totally useless.....
Brad
League - Best 21

Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby Brock Landers » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:22 pm

Pathetic coverage by 7 so far. Everything is delayed and the choice of sports is questionable to say the least.
Brock Landers
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby drebin » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:42 pm

I was that angry last night with the coverage but I shouldn't have been suprised given C7 have done exactly the same in previous Olympics.

I know they have to show Aussie mainly events but that doesn’t explain a few of the following blunders made:

They gave coverage to almost 99 percent of the Olyroos vs. Argentina Soccer game yet ignored the cycling? I did do a bit of a check and the reason why the soccer was covered in full was the fact it kicked off around the time the afternoon events everywhere else had finished and prior to the evening events commencing so other than ignoring the cycling I suppose it is understandable.

C7 are greedy in terms of hanging onto all matches in team sports involving Australia instead of giving SBS those so we can watch the games in full live or at least delayed for those of us who like team sports. :evil:

C7 were sprouting for 24 hours about the Boomers first match and also the USA vs China Men’s Basketball matches being shown on Sunday evening. Last night C7 insulted all basketball lovers by spending ages at the bloody gymnastics – most of it on girls from other countries and finally went to the boomers game halfway through the 2nd quarter! It managed to show (in between adds) about 10 minutes of play in total spread between the 2nd and 4rd periods before putting up the final score!!! :evil:

I then stayed up to watch the USA vs China game and after showing the teams lining up for the anthems they managed to cram about 10 adds into a break meaning we missed the first 5 minutes of the game! Bearing in mind this match was live our time at 11.45 p.m. so either they (C7) thought that it was a rating winner and thousands would be watching it so they decided to maximise their advertisement dollars or they were taking the piss! Then after taking most of the coverage – they managed to at every time out or free throw to miss large chunks of the play because of ad breaks! :evil:

I was that angry I fired off an email this morning which amazingly enough got me a telephone call from the Sydney programming office to give me a cock and bull story to justify their deplorable coverage and to think we have only gone 2 days in total!

I bet things don’t improve! :evil:
drebin

Postby Brad » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:19 pm

It reminds me so much of there AFL coverage since they have had the rights back they treat the average fan like we are idiots! I can't wait until everything is on pay TV at least it gets covered properly and Im prepared to pay for it!
Brad
League - Best 21

Postby Killa » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:37 pm

AFL should have been shown live
Killa
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby tedbullpit » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:58 pm

Yet again Channel 7's coverage has been appalling. Too much time spent showing mundane events of little interest to viewers such as gymnastics and equestrian.

Can't say if 9 or 10 got it that they would do it better. Between the 3 of them they couldn't organize a root in a brothel when it comes to major sporting event coverage. Being a big track & field fan I reckon last Olympics in field finals that Australia weren't competing in which was almost all of them they showed about half a dozen throws & jumps combined.

We should all just give it to Foxtel & SBS. Foxtel would devote a dozen channels to it and show almost everything and anything live.
tedbullpit
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby rod_rooster » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:29 pm

From the Boomers thread:

Keefy wrote:I don't know if this has been posted anywhere else on the forum, but I watched the Boomers game on here last night

allsportsnation.com

There is 38 feeds dedicated to the coverage of the Olympics. Some people had trouble with it, but worked fine with me running Internet Explorer and windows Media Player 11. Apparently doesn't work with Firefox.

I've had a quick look and it looks good.
rod_rooster
Coach

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby hearts on fire » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:33 pm

i thought channel 7 were pretty poor throughout the Australia vs Argentina match last night, skipping to ad breaks when the game was still on! also hate it when they stop showing something and start showing something else, make up your bloody mind! bring on eddies mob for 2012!
~ R.I.P John McCarthy, 19-11-1989 - 9-9-2012 ~
hearts on fire
Coach

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Interceptor » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:32 pm

I won't repeat much of what's already been said, except to say the Basketball "coverage" last night was disgraceful.

The locals here weren't too happy either about 7 covering the Crows match yesterday, instead of the Olympics.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/national/viewers-fume-as-seven-cuts-olympics-for-afl/2008/08/10/1218306656102.html

Didn't bother me :twisted:
Interceptor
League - Top 5

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 24 times

Postby Thiele » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:50 pm

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/beij ... 99,00.html i guess we weren't the only ones to complain about channel 7 there was a poll going around about 72% weren't happy that the olympics were taken off for the footy
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby magpie in the 80's » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:07 pm

now showing the last minutes of the aust womans water polo match. it finished half an hour ago :roll:
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Been liked: 23 times

Postby colliver69 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:10 pm

Drebin: What is the email address? I'll send one off and I hope they ring -- I'll let em have it!!!!

drebin wrote:I was that angry last night with the coverage but I shouldn't have been suprised given C7 have done exactly the same in previous Olympics.

I know they have to show Aussie mainly events but that doesn’t explain a few of the following blunders made:

They gave coverage to almost 99 percent of the Olyroos vs. Argentina Soccer game yet ignored the cycling? I did do a bit of a check and the reason why the soccer was covered in full was the fact it kicked off around the time the afternoon events everywhere else had finished and prior to the evening events commencing so other than ignoring the cycling I suppose it is understandable.

C7 are greedy in terms of hanging onto all matches in team sports involving Australia instead of giving SBS those so we can watch the games in full live or at least delayed for those of us who like team sports. :evil:

C7 were sprouting for 24 hours about the Boomers first match and also the USA vs China Men’s Basketball matches being shown on Sunday evening. Last night C7 insulted all basketball lovers by spending ages at the bloody gymnastics – most of it on girls from other countries and finally went to the boomers game halfway through the 2nd quarter! It managed to show (in between adds) about 10 minutes of play in total spread between the 2nd and 4rd periods before putting up the final score!!! :evil:

I then stayed up to watch the USA vs China game and after showing the teams lining up for the anthems they managed to cram about 10 adds into a break meaning we missed the first 5 minutes of the game! Bearing in mind this match was live our time at 11.45 p.m. so either they (C7) thought that it was a rating winner and thousands would be watching it so they decided to maximise their advertisement dollars or they were taking the piss! Then after taking most of the coverage – they managed to at every time out or free throw to miss large chunks of the play because of ad breaks! :evil:

I was that angry I fired off an email this morning which amazingly enough got me a telephone call from the Sydney programming office to give me a cock and bull story to justify their deplorable coverage and to think we have only gone 2 days in total!

I bet things don’t improve! :evil:
Check out http://www.countryfooty.com.au - the home of SA Country Footy on the net
colliver69
Rookie

Postby Brad » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:52 am

What I also think is missing is the ROY & HG show 'THE DREAM'
Brad
League - Best 21