The good bits

Winter and Summer

Expert Judges

Postby Thiele » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:21 pm

Who finds after two weeks after watching event after event you are an expert Judge at evrything. For the record I'am an expert at Juding the gymnatics after seeing so many times.
James Ezard Joint 2009 Magarey Medalist

Personal views only not views of the West Adelaide Footy Club or Bedford Indstries
Thiele
Coach

Has liked: 149 times
Been liked: 80 times

Re: Expert Judges

Postby Grahaml » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:30 pm

I like the way that all us lounge chair judges judge the quality of a dive merely by the size of the splash.

One thing I will never be able to judge though is the dressage. I haven't a hope of judging a great walk from an average trot.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Re: Expert Judges

Postby JAS » Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:30 pm

For me it would be dressage, kayak/canoe slalom and now flatwater :D

Had hoped to become an expert in fencing, softball, baseball and handball but wasn't to be.

Last Winter Olympics I became an armchair expert in all aspects of snowboarding :shock: forgotten it all now so eagerly looking forward to learning it all again next time.

Regards
JAS
You can't be a pirate if you don't have a beard. I said so. MY boat, MY rules.

We haven't got a plank. Just ******* jump

Trust no one The truth is everyone is going to let you down you eventually
JAS
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Team Great Britain??

Postby Texas Rattlesnake » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:49 pm

Does anyone know why or what reason that at the olympics we have Great Britain and not England, Scotland etc etc as their own countires like they compete in every other sport???
Texas Rattlesnake
Under 18s

Re: Team Great Britain??

Postby smac » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:37 pm

smac
Coach

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

The good bits

Postby JAS » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:32 pm

OK we've all got plenty to complain about concerning our respective TV coverage and commentators and even some performances so to balance things out a little lets also give credit where due.

I think the speed with which the Chinese are updating the results of each game/race and also the next rounds etc on the official website is fantastic...well done.

I know most of you won't get to see him but I think Michael Johnson has been a brilliant pundit on the BBC coverage. Comes across as a genuinely nice guy. Whilst the other presenters are trying to be poetic or melodramatic whenever they talk he is cool, composed but also funny. For example when the two got disqualified in the 200m the other presenters were all OMG what a tragedy etc...and he was well they know the rules, they train not make those mistakes, no one to blame but themselves.
Also they kept on at him about disappointment at losing the WR to Bolt and his reaction...WR's aren't like children, you don't expect to keep them forever or words to that effect.

Regards
JAS
You can't be a pirate if you don't have a beard. I said so. MY boat, MY rules.

We haven't got a plank. Just ******* jump

Trust no one The truth is everyone is going to let you down you eventually
JAS
Coach

Board index   Other Sports  Olympics