Winter Olympics 2010 - Whistler

Winter and Summer

Re: Winter Olympics 2010 - Whistler

Postby Brucetiki » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Heard on the news this morning that Russia only managed 3 gold! Puts our 2 in perspective, a great achievement. :D

For at least half of the Olympics, we actually were ahead of Russia on the medal tally!

If they can get the Winter Olympics, maybe we should relaunch Roy and HG's bid for Smeggin Holes lol (can we start dumping rubbish on top of Kosiousco to get it up to the minimum height for downhill skiing) :D
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 32 times

Postby devilsadvocate » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
Gingernuts wrote:Heard on the news this morning that Russia only managed 3 gold! Puts our 2 in perspective, a great achievement. :D

For at least half of the Olympics, we actually were ahead of Russia on the medal tally!

If they can get the Winter Olympics, maybe we should relaunch Roy and HG's bid for Smeggin Holes lol (can we start dumping rubbish on top of Kosiousco to get it up to the minimum height for downhill skiing) :D

There's enough dirt being shifted from Olympic Dam to construct a short great dividing range. Perhaps BHP could ship it all down to Mt Gambier and create a 4km high mountain and we could host the winter olympics in SA?
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Brucetiki » Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:39 pm

devilsadvocate wrote:
Brucetiki wrote:

There's enough dirt being shifted from Olympic Dam to construct a short great dividing range. Perhaps BHP could ship it all down to Mt Gambier and create a 4km high mountain and we could host the winter olympics in SA?

I like that idea - convert the Ice Arena into a 20 000 seat ice hockey/long track skating arena, upgrade the Entertainment Centre arena to 15 000 for the short track/figure skating, and make Port Rd the cross-country track (for the biathlon, we could then stick the shooting gallery near Mick Atkinsons office :D). For the luge/skeleton/bobsled, build it at the Myer Centre (would regenerate traffic above level 1 :D)...

All we need is those Chinese rockets to induce snow :D
They don't keep me here because I'm gorgeous and 5'10
Brucetiki
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 181 times
Been liked: 32 times

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Olympics