Postby scoob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:36 pm

Makes the code of conduct pretty much irrelevant if you cant complain! LOL
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: TV coverage of the Games - Nine and Gem / Foxtel

Postby kickinit » Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:04 pm

scoob wrote:Makes the code of conduct pretty much irrelevant if you cant complain! LOL

the code of conduct is to make sure tv stations are not show inappropiate material, not because you don't like the coverage of the olympics. I would like to see you put in a complaint that you don't the coverage your getting of the olympic games.

Maybe in 4 years time you will wake up and realise if you want non Australian dominate events then you will need to get Foxtel.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby scoob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:43 pm

kickinit wrote:
scoob wrote:Makes the code of conduct pretty much irrelevant if you cant complain! LOL

the code of conduct is to make sure tv stations are not show inappropiate material, not because you don't like the coverage of the olympics. I would like to see you put in a complaint that you don't the coverage your getting of the olympic games.

Maybe in 4 years time you will wake up and realise if you want non Australian dominate events then you will need to get Foxtel.

even if I do get foxtel, that doesn't take away my right to complain about the poor free to air coverage.
scoob
Veteran

Postby kickinit » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:49 pm

What gives you the right to complain about something you havent paid for. Does that mean if you go steal a tv that you can then complain that the quality isn't good
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby scoob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:55 pm

kickinit wrote:What gives you the right to complain about something you havent paid for. Does that mean if you go steal a tv that you can then complain that the quality isn't good

Just minor thing called freedom of speech gives me that right, and I haven't done anything illegal as you put in poor your example.
scoob
Veteran

Postby GWW » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:29 pm

I"ve got the Foxtel coverage of the Table Tennis on at the moment.

The English commentator sounds familiar, can't work out if I've heard him on Ashes telecasts before.

..or perhaps all English commentators just sound the same with their accent.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby kickinit » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:53 pm

scoob wrote:
kickinit wrote:What gives you the right to complain about something you havent paid for. Does that mean if you go steal a tv that you can then complain that the quality isn't good

Just minor thing called freedom of speech gives me that right, and I haven't done anything illegal as you put in poor your example.

I never said you have done anything illegal and how is it a poor example, it's the same thing, you are complaining about something you havent paid for. If you want to see other sports that don't feature Australia or we aren't any good at then you are going to have to get Foxtel. maybe in 4 years you wont be so tight.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby scoob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:03 pm

kickinit wrote:
scoob wrote:

I never said you have done anything illegal and how is it a poor example, it's the same thing, you are complaining about something you havent paid for. If you want to see other sports that don't feature Australia or we aren't any good at then you are going to have to get Foxtel. maybe in 4 years you wont be so tight.

so you can't complain about anything you haven't paid for...good thinking, im sure cancer patients will agree with that sentiment... Fancy expecting a professional, knowledgable unbias coverage, shame on me... In four years time I will definitely get foxtel so I can complain about the channel 9 coverage!
scoob
Veteran

Postby dedja » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:08 am

Do it ... It's definitely worth it!

Although I will admit I was forced to watch 9 for a few minutes during the pole vault tonight because we had a brief heavy shower that upset the satellite dish and faarked the signal.

Couldn't wait to get back to Fox. :lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:25 am

scoob wrote:so you can't complain about anything you haven't paid for...good thinking, im sure cancer patients will agree with that sentiment... Fancy expecting a professional, knowledgable unbias coverage, shame on me... In four years time I will definitely get foxtel so I can complain about the channel 9 coverage!

You don't have a choice if you get cancer or not. You have 3 choices stop being a tight ass and get foxtel, keep watching and stop crying or your third choice switch to another channel and stop watching.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby scoob » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:45 am

kickinit wrote:
scoob wrote:so you can't complain about anything you haven't paid for...good thinking, im sure cancer patients will agree with that sentiment... Fancy expecting a professional, knowledgable unbias coverage, shame on me... In four years time I will definitely get foxtel so I can complain about the channel 9 coverage!

You don't have a choice if you get cancer or not. You have 3 choices stop being a tight ass and get foxtel, keep watching and stop crying or your third choice switch to another channel and stop watching.

No, I can watch and I can criticize things that I believe let Channel Nine coverage down.... Just watch me!!!

And you can't complain about my complaining because you a haven't paid me anything :)
scoob
Veteran

Postby saintal » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:34 am

Modern sports coverage needs more people like Peter Donegan. Informative, well researched, well spoken without feeling the need to carry on or go over the top. Has been a good commentator for a long time. Shame he doesn’t get a gig calling the AFL in place of f-wits like BT.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby dedja » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:49 am

scoob wrote:
kickinit wrote:

No, I can watch and I can criticize things that I believe let Channel Nine coverage down.... Just watch me!!!

And you can't complain about my complaining because you a haven't paid me anything :)

:lol:
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby scoob » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:03 am

saintal wrote:Modern sports coverage needs more people like Peter Donegan. Informative, well researched, well spoken without feeling the need to carry on or go over the top. Has been a good commentator for a long time. Shame he doesn’t get a gig calling the AFL in place of f-wits like BT.

100% Agree. I don't watch a great deal of basketball but thought Paul Casey seems to do a good job, certainly don't dislike his call.
scoob
Veteran

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:17 am

The eight Olympic channels on Foxtel (Austar here) are fantastic. My pay tv bill is $80 a month or four beers a week.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby Sky Pilot » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:18 pm

Ch 187 (London 4) right now! Women's beach volley ball gold medal. Surely it doesn't get any better than this?
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby kickinit » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:44 pm

scoob wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Well you can but it just makes you seem like a cry baby that's had everything handed to him on a silver platter. Grow and stop being a tight ass
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby scoob » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:00 pm

What happens if I do have Foxtel? Does that makes my claims valid all of a sudden?
Considering this thread is about the tv coverage of the games I think I can voice my opinion on any type of coverage without being called a cry baby and told to grow.

Live and let live my friend.
scoob
Veteran

Postby kickinit » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:56 pm

If you had foxtel then you would get what you want. Instead you are being cry baby and want everything foxtel is offering except you want it for free
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby HH3 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:02 pm

kickinit wrote:If you had foxtel then you would get what you want. Instead you are being cry baby and want everything foxtel is offering except you want it for free

Have you even seen the Channel 9 coverage? Its probably the worst sports coverage Ive ever seen. Some people cant afford Foxtel, believe it or not. Me being one of them. It doesnt mean people like me dont have a right to complain about bad television.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Olympics