Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Re: Nine and Gem

Postby dedja » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:05 pm

FFS order foxtel you tightarses ... :lol:

oh, I'd better use one of these ;)
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby RustyCage » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:19 pm

http://londontracker.adelaidenow.com.au/schedule-and-results

while it doesn't know whats on tv, it shows what events aussies are competing in and when
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby BZB27 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:26 pm

Bully wrote:
Brayman19 wrote:I thought that channel nine was gonna use gem to show other sports aswell. Instead of having the exact same thing on. Just seems a bit pointless to me havin the same thing on two channels.

get foxtel. you can see it all

Yeh i should of got it... Its not a mistake ill be makin for the next olympics.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby brod » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:41 pm

Only negative so far from FOXTEL was that they showed the USA basketball 2 hours delayed.. I can stay up to watch 11pm-1am, not 1am-3am and then go to work
brod
Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 26 times

Postby Squawk » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:15 am

LMA wrote:Even the 9 website is shite, hard to find event times and vague at that

They wouldn't want you to know this - they want you to keep watching with 'hope' because "coming up........(at 4.47am)"
Steve Bradbury and Michael Milton. Aussie Legends.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRnztSjUB2U
Squawk
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby PhilH » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:56 pm

I think unless you are following something specifc to get the best overall "snapshot" of what is happening this is one area where radio outshines TV in its ability to do rapid around the sports coverage.

On radio it seems normal. The ABC do it exceptionally well and have done for decades.

On TV you start feeling dizzy.

Certainly enjoy listening to the radio coverage when going to sleep
and dozing on and off through the swimming finals at 4.30am before filling in the gaps a little later.

As for the road race info that was not Ch 9's fault, radio also had issues getting info re gaps from leaders to pelatons through the event.
PhilH
League - Top 5

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Magpiespower » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:18 pm

There's been some unexpected Gold.

Not in the pool, unfortunately, but in the commentary box.

Highlight for me was when Giaan Rooney said that it was "unlikely" Jess Schipper would make the semis of the 100m fly after her heat swim.

She came last in her heat.

Unlikely?

No s#!t, Sherlock!
Everyone can eat s#!t! A big bag of s#!t! I'm the greatest man in the world!
Magpiespower
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby GWW » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Nine apparently could lose around $25 million on their investment in the Olympics.

I do wonder if this may be the final time free to air will cover the Games, although perhaps its legislated that it must be covered on free to air?

Foxtel would be loving their ratings.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Re: TV coverage of the Games - Nine and Gem / Foxtel

Postby kickinit » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:27 am

so for all of those complaining about channel 9 coverage how much did you pay for your subscription?
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby RustyCage » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:22 am

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/channel-nines-olympic-ads-a-big-bother/story-e6frea6u-1226445147265

Channel Nine's Olympic ads a big bother

AD nauseum _ it's that feeling Olympics fans get after the same advertisements for Big Brother and other upcoming shows interrupt Channel Nine's coverage, over and over and over.

And over.

But the network's saturation strategy, where the same ads are televised on high rotation throughout the Games, could backfire, according to industry experts.

Tim Burrowes, editor-in-chief of media and marketing website Mumbrella, described it yesterday as a "brute-force'' approach to promotions.

"To an extent, that approach does work because it absolutely raises awareness,'' he said.

"But it also means that people have very strong opinions going into it, one way or the other.''

"If this were a more traditional advertiser, they would probably have a far more sophisticated array of ads and different executions, but in this case it does seem like quite a limited amount and they're hitting the same group of people again and again and again with it, more than most advertisers would in such a short period of time.''
RustyCage

Postby scoob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:02 pm

The coverage has been fantastic... Love knowing what is coming up on channel 9 after the Olympics saves the Scoob's from buying a tv week for the next 3 months, the whole family enjoys singing along to the Swisse jingle, the best part of the coverage is undoubtedly the unbias, well informed commentary with special mention to the Rowing, James Brayshaw is truly the voice of teh games. The fact that the events are shown all the way thru and not just highlights is also great. Fingers crossed Nine gets the rights to Rio in 2016!!!
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

TV coverage of the Games - Nine and Gem / Foxtel

Postby Keefy » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:09 pm

kickinit wrote:so for all of those complaining about channel 9 coverage how much did you pay for your subscription?

I pay $120 a month for foxtel with the sports package. They didn't charge for the Olympic channels if you had sports.

I hardly watch FTA tv at all as I and family get everything we want on foxtel
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby scoob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:45 pm

kickinit wrote:so for all of those complaining about channel 9 coverage how much did you pay for your subscription?

You point being - if you don't pay for it you can't complain? :?
scoob
Veteran

Postby HH3 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:51 pm

I buy the shit advertised to me on that channel. My money goes from the company I bought it from to Channel 9 to pay for advertising. That money goes to the Olympic games coverage. The Olympic Games coverage is shithouse.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dogwatcher » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:08 pm

I'm surprised no one's complained about ABC radio cutting to Delroy for a couple of hours at night.
I'm a fan of the program but I want to be listening to the Olympics as I doze off at night, not The Challenge.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby scoob » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:14 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:I'm surprised no one's complained about ABC radio cutting to Delroy for a couple of hours at night.
I'm a fan of the program but I want to be listening to the Olympics as I doze off at night, not The Challenge.

There would be an giant uproar from the insomniac oldies if they dumped the challenge for 17 days! An English ashes test is pushing it!!!
scoob
Veteran

Postby kickinit » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:59 pm

scoob wrote:

You point being - if you don't pay for it you can't complain? :?

No you can't complain it's something given to you for free if you don't like it don't watch or better yet pay for a service that gives you what you want.
HH3 wrote:

I buy the shit advertised to me on that channel. My money goes from the company I bought it from to Channel 9 to pay for advertising. That money goes to the Olympic games coverage. The Olympic Games coverage is shithouse.

So you are forced to buy what they advertise? Its your choice to buy what they advertise as you have no obligation to buy anything.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

TV coverage of the Games - Nine and Gem / Foxtel

Postby RustyCage » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:02 pm

Just because it is free, doesn't mean we have to sit back and be thankful for the crap they are giving us.
RustyCage

Postby HH3 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:34 pm

kickinit wrote:
So you are forced to buy what they advertise? Its your choice to buy what they advertise as you have no obligation to buy anything.

No I dont have to...but its called "commercial television" for a reason. Its funded by companys that pay for advertising. Those companys get their money to pay for advertising from the sale of their products to the consumers that they advertise to. Without the viewer spending money on the products advertised on Channel 9, there would be no Channel 9.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2432 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Olympics