Not the Athlete's fault????

Winter and Summer

Not the Athlete's fault????

Postby kickinit » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:25 am

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/lon ... 6448750903

So AOC boss John Coates isn't blaming our Athlete's on our bad performance at these olympics. I tend to agree to a point, there's a lot of reason we have done so poorly at these games and believe some of the reason come from above. Our swimmers where clearly underdone especially compared to the USA, which I believe was the fact that the USA had there trials a month before the olympics, where we had ours 6months before. Clearly our swimmers weren't in the condition they where at trials, with only a handful beating there trial times the rest weren't near there best. Also Emily Seebom i think it was that blamed twitter for her poor performance, everyone can go on and blame her (and yes she has to took take part of the blame) but where are all these support staff and coaches we pay top dollar for, they should be there making sure everything was running smoothly and the athletes where doing what they needed. And after this happen, which was in the first couple of days, what did they do about it? I also think the media have to take some blame, one question I heard that one of the swimmers got asked was " you must feel bad for not bringing home gold for Australia" seriously we are Australian's and we should be proud of what our Athletes have gone through to get to the olympics, seriously there are 8 people in a swimming gold medal race, if I made that final I would be proud as hell to know i'm in the top 8 of the world, but apparently that's not good enough for the media. maybe we just need to do a media ban and see how they then like that. Hopefully Coates can pull it around for Rio and we come out stronger then ever.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Re: Not the Athlete's fault????

Postby Sky Pilot » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Coates is part of the problem. He's had his snout in the trough for 30 years and he needs to be pensioned off and a young trendy alert ambitious person put into the job.
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Re: Not the Athlete's fault????

Postby prowling panther » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:35 am

Did you know SAMSUNG gave all participating athletes a GALAXY SIII smart phone.

No wonder they were all on the tweets and facebook.

The London Olympic Games opened on Friday. Many people will be watching the games, keeping up with friends and playing their own Olympic games on mobile phones, smartphones and tablets. Olympic athletes will be using their Samsung Galaxy S III they received, while Team U.S.A are using free

AT&T mobile devices. The Samsung Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note were featured in the Olympic Opening Ceremonies.
I wish my remembering was as good as my forgetting
prowling panther
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Board index   Other Sports  Olympics