Euros 2016

The World Game

Re: Euros 2016

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:50 am

Jim05 wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
Jim05 wrote:And the English are trashing the place already[emoji1]

Typical bullshit post from someone whose never been there or ever seen a football game of any value in his life.

I'll pass on your thoughts to the parents of the English lad who was declared brain dead today after being beaten to a pulp by at least 5 Russians whilst still inside the stadium

But you keep coming with your crap throw away remarks.
The French jails are over flowing with the 5 English fans arrested.

Let's not mention the French Marseille Gang that attacked th English fans as they were having a drink outside a bar.
Or the Marseille Police Commisioner who publicly spoke up for the English fans saying they were not to blame for the trouble.
Or the French admittance that there were Russian Hooligan Gangs in France with the sole aim of violance.
Or how dozens of Russians managed to enter the stadium with Knives, Iron Bars, Flares and a plethora of other weapons.
Or why only Russia was warned and given a kick out of the comp, suspended unless it happens again

Of course you won't post how all the Welsh and English fans were drinking together in Lille with no sign of any trouble
Nor will you post how around 2,000 Russians, after watching their team lose, went to Lille with the sole reason of confronting the Welsh and English.

You are living in the 80's but of course if you had ever been to a game of football in England you'd know that hooliganism has long since passed and isrestricted to a few mindless knobs just like there are in any other sport.

Just like I experienced 1st hand in 2007 at the North v Centrals GF with CD fans spitting on the North fans from their corp box, and a handful decided to come down and take on the North fans who were shouting up at them.

I can go on with more examples of you want. Just because the press likes to spew out sensationalist shite doesn't mean it's true.

Firstly this was posted before the tournament even started when English fans were trashing bars in Marseille, the English fans were by all reports good during the game. The fights during and after the Russia game was all the Russians fault I agree and they attended the tournaments in gangs with the sole purpose of fighting. They should lose their rights to host the WC in 2018.
Disgraceful stuff by Russia.
And FYI I've attended dozens of EPL and Serie A fixtures aswell as numerous other leagues to go go with a CL final in Paris. I have also attended World Cups and Euro's so hardly any games of " no value". I will also be going to the WC in Russia and Qatar

By all reports !!! Those 5 arrested must have been busy trashing all those bars :roll:

As for my comments re: how many games you've attended, fair cop, but if that's true then you'd know what I said was correct and therefore you were stereotyping after all.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:17 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:
Jim05 wrote:And the English are trashing the place already[emoji1]

Typical bullshit post from someone whose never been there or ever seen a football game of any value in his life.

I'll pass on your thoughts to the parents of the English lad who was declared brain dead today after being beaten to a pulp by at least 5 Russians whilst still inside the stadium

But you keep coming with your crap throw away remarks.
The French jails are over flowing with the 5 English fans arrested.

Let's not mention the French Marseille Gang that attacked th English fans as they were having a drink outside a bar.
Or the Marseille Police Commisioner who publicly spoke up for the English fans saying they were not to blame for the trouble.
Or the French admittance that there were Russian Hooligan Gangs in France with the sole aim of violance.
Or how dozens of Russians managed to enter the stadium with Knives, Iron Bars, Flares and a plethora of other weapons.
Or why only Russia was warned and given a kick out of the comp, suspended unless it happens again

Of course you won't post how all the Welsh and English fans were drinking together in Lille with no sign of any trouble
Nor will you post how around 2,000 Russians, after watching their team lose, went to Lille with the sole reason of confronting the Welsh and English.

You are living in the 80's but of course if you had ever been to a game of football in England you'd know that hooliganism has long since passed and isrestricted to a few mindless knobs just like there are in any other sport.

Just like I experienced 1st hand in 2007 at the North v Centrals GF with CD fans spitting on the North fans from their corp box, and a handful decided to come down and take on the North fans who were shouting up at them.

I can go on with more examples of you want. Just because the press likes to spew out sensationalist shite doesn't mean it's true.

Firstly this was posted before the tournament even started when English fans were trashing bars in Marseille, the English fans were by all reports good during the game. The fights during and after the Russia game was all the Russians fault I agree and they attended the tournaments in gangs with the sole purpose of fighting. They should lose their rights to host the WC in 2018.
Disgraceful stuff by Russia.
And FYI I've attended dozens of EPL and Serie A fixtures aswell as numerous other leagues to go go with a CL final in Paris. I have also attended World Cups and Euro's so hardly any games of " no value". I will also be going to the WC in Russia and Qatar

By all reports !!! Those 5 arrested must have been busy trashing all those bars :roll:

As for my comments re: how many games you've attended, fair cop, but if that's true then you'd know what I said was correct and therefore you were stereotyping after all.

Unfortunately over here we can only go by what the media shows and there were several bars/Cafes that had windows smashed and the footage showed a lot more than 5 people doing the damage.
Hopefully tonight both sets of fans are well behaved as the loser could almost be eliminated from the comp
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3567 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:38 am

Sky reporter Kaveh Solhekol reports on trouble in Lille before England's Euro 2016 match against Wales
French police used tear gas to disperse England fans following a tense stand-off in Lille on Wednesday evening.

A group of England supporters had congregated outside a bar on a side street away from the main town centre and were seen lighting flares during a stand-off with the police.

The police charged towards the bar and then administered tear gas in order to disperse the fans.

There were also clashes between English and French supporters later in the evening, despite a certain section of the fans attempting to keep the peace.

It follows a day of trouble in Lille ahead of England's Euro 2016 Group B match with Wales in Lens on Thursday.

England fans had gathered outside the city's main train station earlier in the day in anticipation of Russia supporters arriving back from the Stade Pierre-Mauroy following their side's 2-1 defeat to Slovakia at Euro 2016.

There were unconfirmed reports of fights between fans breaking out, but order was restored by police, who prevented a major confrontation by ushering Russian supporters through a back exit.

Pepper spray and tear gas were also briefly used by police to push England fans away from the train station.

A number of England supporters then broke off from a larger crowd that had congregated outside a bar and attempted to exit the main square, but were met by a line of riot police.

A second line of police then advanced from another corner of the square to force back the England fans, who were making their way towards a separate exit.

Two Russian fans were later arrested, with French police confirming to Sky Sports News HQ that they used a translator when carrying out the arrests.

French authorities also said four Russian fans - two arrested in the town centre on Tuesday and two more detained after they were found drunk in a car with weapons - would be deported.

In total, 16 people were arrested on Wednesday, including six Russian nationals involved in the violence that occurred before and after Russia's match with England in Marseille last Saturday.

Between 40,000 and 50,000 England and Wales fans and 15,000 Russians are expected to gather in Lille with a smaller number of Slovakian supporters.

Violence between rival supporters has marred this summer's competition and Russia have been handed a suspended disqualification from Euro 2016 by UEFA following crowd disturbances during the match against England.

More than 2,500 police, security guards and soldiers will be on duty in Lille over the next couple of days.

Six England fans have been jailed in France, while another supporter was arrested on his return to the UK and has been banned from watching football for the next five years.

A small number of extra British police are being sent to France, while officers are working to identify 48 supporters involved in clashes.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3920 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:45 am

I'll grant you that Jim.
Apologies for ranting but I get a bit precious when I read the constant jibes at the 'English Yobs'
I'm English, I've been to literally hundreds of matches all through the 70's, 80's 90's...... And never once in all that time trashed a bar, had a fight or a run in with the law at a football match.

Off season, that's a different kettle of fish ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:47 am

Wedgie wrote:Sky reporter Kaveh Solhekol reports on trouble in Lille before England's Euro 2016 match against Wales
French police used tear gas to disperse England fans following a tense stand-off in Lille on Wednesday evening.

A group of England supporters had congregated outside a bar on a side street away from the main town centre and were seen lighting flares during a stand-off with the police.

The police charged towards the bar and then administered tear gas in order to disperse the fans.

There were also clashes between English and French supporters later in the evening, despite a certain section of the fans attempting to keep the peace.

It follows a day of trouble in Lille ahead of England's Euro 2016 Group B match with Wales in Lens on Thursday.

England fans had gathered outside the city's main train station earlier in the day in anticipation of Russia supporters arriving back from the Stade Pierre-Mauroy following their side's 2-1 defeat to Slovakia at Euro 2016.

There were unconfirmed reports of fights between fans breaking out, but order was restored by police, who prevented a major confrontation by ushering Russian supporters through a back exit.

Pepper spray and tear gas were also briefly used by police to push England fans away from the train station.

A number of England supporters then broke off from a larger crowd that had congregated outside a bar and attempted to exit the main square, but were met by a line of riot police.

A second line of police then advanced from another corner of the square to force back the England fans, who were making their way towards a separate exit.

Two Russian fans were later arrested, with French police confirming to Sky Sports News HQ that they used a translator when carrying out the arrests.

French authorities also said four Russian fans - two arrested in the town centre on Tuesday and two more detained after they were found drunk in a car with weapons - would be deported.

In total, 16 people were arrested on Wednesday, including six Russian nationals involved in the violence that occurred before and after Russia's match with England in Marseille last Saturday.

Between 40,000 and 50,000 England and Wales fans and 15,000 Russians are expected to gather in Lille with a smaller number of Slovakian supporters.

Violence between rival supporters has marred this summer's competition and Russia have been handed a suspended disqualification from Euro 2016 by UEFA following crowd disturbances during the match against England.

More than 2,500 police, security guards and soldiers will be on duty in Lille over the next couple of days.

Six England fans have been jailed in France, while another supporter was arrested on his return to the UK and has been banned from watching football for the next five years.

A small number of extra British police are being sent to France, while officers are working to identify 48 supporters involved in clashes.

I rest my case
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby king neptune » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:18 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
king neptune wrote:The Russian football thugs are possibly the most violent, ruthless and above all, well organized hooligans in Europe. The type of people who arrange to meet fellow hooligans out in a forest so they can pummel each other without having to worry about being interrupted. The boozy England yobs would've been easy prey for them.

The boozy English Yobs
Ffs get your facts right before posting this shit
You have NFI

Was no real offence meant to anyone British or of British heritage but I don't think it's an at all unreasonable assumption that several of the British fans there would be swilling a few beers and somewhat yobbo like. Didn't say every single one of them was.

Also I didn't say they were to blame for the incidents with the Russian psychopaths. They are an 'avoid at all costs' group.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER
king neptune
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:29 pm

Poms taking their tops off are provoking the violence. I know personally I'd turn into an armed neoNazi and start killing everyone if I had to witness a topless pale pasty stinky pom first hand.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:55 pm

Wedgie wrote:Poms taking their tops off are provoking the violence. I know personally I'd turn into an armed neoNazi and start killing everyone if I had to witness a topless pale pasty stinky pom first hand.

Christ, it's a good job I kept mine on then last time we had lunch and a beer :D
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:07 pm

France edged past Albania who were 2 mins away from collecting their first ever points in the Euro championship competition.
The 2-0 final score flattered France in the end who in my opinion haven't been convincing.

Russia lost against Slovakia which makes today's game crucial for England. Wales did ok against Slovakia in their first game but are one dimensional, relying heavily on Bale.
I think the rest of the comp will be hoping Russia are knocked out.

Of the 'big guns' no one seems to be standing out although a 1-0 win is still a win

It would be interesting to see what the odds are in Australia compared to the odds offered in the UK.
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:11 pm

johntheclaret wrote:
Wedgie wrote:Poms taking their tops off are provoking the violence. I know personally I'd turn into an armed neoNazi and start killing everyone if I had to witness a topless pale pasty stinky pom first hand.

Christ, it's a good job I kept mine on then last time we had lunch and a beer :D

Agreed!

PS Don't show this to my Pom girlfriend! She doesn't count though, she's from up North. ;)
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby johntheclaret » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Wedgie wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:

Agreed!

PS Don't show this to my Pom girlfriend! She doesn't count though, she's from up North. ;)

Eee bye eck lad. I might know her thee knows. ;)
johntheclaret
Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:17 pm

johntheclaret wrote:France edged past Albania who were 2 mins away from collecting their first ever points in the Euro championship competition.
The 2-0 final score flattered France in the end who in my opinion haven't been convincing.

France could very easily only be on two points and in a tight spot, but instead they're on six.
It's not convincing, but it is good for building belief. It's the kind of steady start that can build as the tournament progresses.
Ominous or not?

And...how good was Iceland? Huge effort from them.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:24 pm

johntheclaret wrote:France edged past Albania who were 2 mins away from collecting their first ever points in the Euro championship competition.

Russia lost against Slovakia which makes today's game crucial for England. Wales did ok against Slovakia in their first game but are one dimensional, relying heavily on Bale.
I think the rest of the comp will be hoping Russia are knocked out.

Of the 'big guns' no one seems to be standing out although a 1-0 win is still a win

It would be interesting to see what the odds are in Australia compared to the odds offered in the UK.

Italy were being touted as the weakest national side in memory but for me they are still favourites for the comp.
Hopefully they get the job done tonight against Sweden and will be through.
Germany looked ok but Spain looked very average first up out of the big guns. This French side just keeps winning and the home support should see them around the mark
Jim05
Coach

Postby RB » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:27 pm

Looking forward to England v Wales tonight. Given that kickoff's at 2.00 p.m. on a Thursday afternoon I would imagine that there wouldn't be a lot of work getting done in the tonight.

Hopefully I'll be able to see the Republic of Ireland on Saturday, too.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 773 times
Been liked: 1083 times

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:00 pm

Dimi scores again!!!
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5615 times
Been liked: 2541 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby nuggety goodness » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:19 am

Butland would have stopped that!
I am not talking to you for 3 minutes because you punched me in the head and it hurt and that was not okay for you to do
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby Jase » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:30 am

******* Joe Hart...

A well hit free kick,, but wasn't even in the corner...

Tw@t
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1497 times
Been liked: 563 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:33 am

Jase wrote:******* Joe Hart...

A well hit free kick,, but wasn't even in the corner...

Tw@t

Drinks his own bath water does Joe. Absolute rubbish keeper
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:50 am

Vardy to the rescue
Jim05
Coach