Rumours about FIFA and the 2022 World Cup

The World Game

Re: Rumours about FIFA and the 2022 World Cup

Postby Jim05 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:39 am

Just keeps getting better with it now being revealed that slave labour is being used in Qatar to build the WC venues with mainly slaves from Nepal being brought in. Temperatures have reached 50 degrees and in a 1 month period its claimed 44 workers died due to heat exhaustion and heart attacks
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:49 am

Has there been such as bigger farce in a sporting admin in recent history?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:30 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Has there been such as bigger farce in a sporting admin in recent history?

been keeping up with whats been going on in the AFL this year??? ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby dedja » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:44 am

The AFL has claimed more than 44 workers this year?
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:12 am

dedja wrote:The AFL has claimed more than 44 workers this year?

i was joking mate... didn't know about the deaths
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Considering the Soccer world cup is the Worlds biggest sporting event I can't believe how these scenarios have occured. To back pedal and potentially change dates is a disgrace for even an Amateur competition let alone from what should be the worlds best sporting authorities.

This is a major blue and I can only imagine if they are forced to play in these conditions and fans or heaven forbid players get seriously ill or die from heat exhaustion.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Bully » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:40 pm

yes it is all fun and games from AFL supporters who say the football game is for pansies and girls. But I don't seem them playing in 45 degree temperatures and or have the fans attending matches in this climate.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:47 pm

Don't really think the pansies reference comes in to this topic. The point I'm making is that all these issues they are now raising really should have come under consideration during the selection process.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:01 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Don't really think the pansies reference comes in to this topic. The point I'm making is that all these issues they are now raising really should have come under consideration during the selection process.

But FIFA is the most corrupt bunch of criminals going around.
Only thinking of the bribes that the oil sheiks gave them.
The delegates reportedly all received diamond bracelets and watches from Qatar worth over $100k each. No wonder they voted Yes for them.
Only now that the $hit is hitting the fan have they realised the stupidity of it all
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Bully » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:17 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Don't really think the pansies reference comes in to this topic. The point I'm making is that all these issues they are now raising really should have come under consideration during the selection process.

I think it does. I know plenty of AFL supporters who are saying "oh grow up, they are playing in so called air cond stadiums".

SAfooty is not the only place where people talk about sport.
When there is back hand deals with money going on behind the scenes, then certain things happen.....like - I givey you money, you votey my country iny and we all beey winny

I know the point you are making, I am not trying to be funny here..
Bully
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:18 pm

Imo since Australia has become far more succesful in recent times Soccer now doesn't have the same image as it did 20 years ago in Australia. Especially generation x the game is far more appreciated through the community and is far better followed. You still get the odd bloke who shares that opinion but especially in AFL states I think the tollerance for Soccer has improved dramatically.
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:34 pm

But also in all it seems highly hypocritical that FIFA penalises match fixing but this sort of fixing continues from the authorities....
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:53 pm

Jim05 wrote:

The delegates reportedly all received diamond bracelets and watches from Qatar worth over $100k each. No wonder they voted Yes for them.
Only now that the $hit is hitting the fan have they realised the stupidity of it all

According to Blatter this week all the talk of corruption is because the English are racist and don't want Qatar to have it.
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

Postby Pag » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:43 am

johntheclaret wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

According to Blatter this week all the talk of corruption is because the English are racist and don't want Qatar to have it.

Blatter is a joke. Needs to go. Been there too long and has lost the plot.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Bully » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:58 am

its all blown up overnight lol

Funny we are being accused for backhanded deals :lol:

What, our one and only vote was suppose to vote for qatar yet they decided to vote for us and this is why they are accusing us :D
Bully
Coach

Postby dedja » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:21 am

Russia and Qatar have been cleared ... oh, hang on

FIFA investigator Michael Garcia hits out at report into his findings of 2018 and 2022 bidding

FIFA’s probe into the controversial bidding race for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups has been thrown into turmoil after its own investigator Michael Garcia complained that a summary of his report misrepresented his conclusions.

Garcia, who carried out an exhaustive investigation into the bidding, slammed an “incomplete and erroneous” version of his report and said he planned to appeal.

Football’s world governing body had earlier cleared Qatar and Russia of corruption and ruled out a revote for the tournaments despite widespread allegations of wrongdoing.

Garcia, a former New York federal prosecutor, spent 18 months investigating the controversial World Cup race that ended with the selection of Russia for 2018 and Qatar for 2022.

His 350-page report, handed to FIFA on September 5, summed up an investigation that involved interviewing more than 75 witnesses and compiling a dossier with more than 200,000 pages and audio interviews.

But he issued a statement on Thursday saying: “Today’s decision by the chairman of the adjudicatory chamber contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations of the facts and conclusions detailed in the investigatory chamber’s report. I intend to appeal this decision to the FIFA Appeal Committee.”

German judge Hans-Joachim Eckert, chairman of the adjudicatory chamber of FIFA’s independent ethics committee, had stated that the investigation had not yielded evidence of corruption and there would be no revote on awarding the tournaments.

The report admitted that even though there had been a series of worrying episodes in the bidding for both tournaments, there was not enough evidence to justify reopening the process.

The report also said that Australia’s bid contained “certain indications of potentially problematic conduct of specific individuals in the light of relevant FIFA Ethics rules”.

Hassan al-Thawadi, secretary-general of the Qatar 2022 organising committee, told AFP: “We were confident that any impartial investigation was to show that our record was clean and contains no irregularities.” The report also found no evidence of misconduct related to the Russian bid for 2018, but added that not all records had been available to the investigation.

The computers used by the Russia Bid Committee had been leased and then returned to their owner and destroyed, meaning access to emails was not available.

The report recommended a series of reforms to future bidding processes in an effort to protect the integrity of the sport’s most lucrative showpiece event.

These include four-year limits on FIFA executive committee posts, the FIFA Congress, rather than the executive committee, to decide on future venues, a more transparent rotation system and a ban on committee members visiting bidding nations.
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 972 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:52 am

Bully wrote:yes it is all fun and games from AFL supporters who say the football game is for pansies and girls. But I don't seem them playing in 45 degree temperatures and or have the fans attending matches in this climate.

Dare you to go to Yuendumu, Papunya, Mt Allen, Mt Leibig et al and tell the players and supporters that.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:42 pm

i'm still looking for the pansie comment an AFL supporter said on this thread...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Bully » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:05 pm

there is plenty on the "have we lost the plot" topic in the Announcements and suggestions thread, along the lines of it.

Even from a certain someone you know very well WB with a post with a "gif" ....
Bully
Coach

Postby MatteeG » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:00 am

Bully wrote:yes it is all fun and games from AFL supporters who say the football game is for pansies and girls. But I don't seem them playing in 45 degree temperatures and or have the fans attending matches in this climate.

Probably cos Aussie rules is a winter sport played in winter..... :roll:
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer