Kicking Racism out of Football yourself.

The World Game

Kicking Racism out of Football yourself.

Postby Il Duce » Thu May 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Zokora told Lig TV "Emre and I came face to face during the match. I'll tell you what he said word for word. He called me: 'A ******* nigger', This is the first time in my life something like this has happened to me. Emre has Africans like [Joseph] Yobo and [Moussa] Sow as team-mates - I can't understand why he'd say such a thing.,We're trying to get on with our jobs. What does the colour of our skin matter? Fans, Fifa, the press are all against racist statements. I hope something like this doesn't go unpunished." Zokora told Lig TV after the match. On April 16, 2012, Emre and his teammate Joseph Yobo gave a speech on the incident, Emre told the reporters "The match was intense and we were both cursing a lot, however I did not call him a "nigger", I used a similar word "pr**k". As soon as match ended, we apologized to each other and hugged". Yobo added "I saw with my own eyes them hugging after the match". Emre finished his speech by saying "I am telling the truth, and I want Zokora to do the same, I want him to give a speech of this incident"
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Re: Kicking Racism out of Football yourself.

Postby Il Duce » Fri May 18, 2012 4:57 pm

Amazingly Zokora only got a yellow for his tackle....good job ref.
The problem with Barcelona is that I like fish and chips but they had to turn it into calamari and patatas
Il Duce
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: CBCOC

Postby Dirko » Fri May 18, 2012 5:38 pm

Il Duce wrote:Amazingly Zokora only got a yellow for his tackle....good job ref.

That was fantastic...good on him. Fair kick to the nuts.
The joy of being on the hill drinking beer cannot be understated
Dirko
Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby devilsadvocate » Sun May 20, 2012 12:19 pm

I loved Zokora when he was at Spurs, but just wasn't quite up to the grade. Will always remember him not being able to watch the penalty in the League Cup Final and only celebrating after seeing the reaction of fans....LEGEND.

Totally appropriate response from him IMO. Not shaking hands, and trying to newter Emre.

Emre can **** right off. He's as low as John Terry.
devilsadvocate
Coach

Has liked: 3 times

Board index   Other Sports  Soccer