Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Dutchy » Sat May 26, 2018 9:54 pm

A Grade - Round 7

Aldinga 11.10 (76) def Morphett Vale 7.13 (55) :shock:
Happy Valley 10.7 (67) def by Chrsities Beach 17.9 (111)
Port Noarlunga 17.12 (114) def Cove 3.12 (30)
Reynella 8.7 (55) def by Flagstaff Hill 17.9 (111)

Flagstaff Hill 12
Christies Beach 10
Port Noarlunga 8
Reynella 8
Noarlunga 6

Cove 6
Happy Valley 4
Aldinga 2
Morphett Vale 0
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby Demon fan » Sat May 26, 2018 10:32 pm

Not sure on when the last time Aldinga beat MVale but surely the questions will be asked about some decisions the emus committee have made.
Demon fan
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby oldman » Sun May 27, 2018 1:38 pm

Unexpected lose then[/quote]

not total unexpected.[/quote]

Old Man Emu still got your head buried in the sand? Do you still think the right decision was made? Surely all these people can't be wrong and only the select couple be right? Considering the demise the SFL find themselves in with clubs continuing to explore other leagues you must be concerned about what your options would be if you continue this downward spiral.[/quote]

Very quite on here from ol man emu. You must be the only person on the planet that thinks the right decision was made. The last time morphett vale found themselves in this predicament at least they had a flourishing junior program and also the right man steering the ship from a senior perspective in Pottsy. Surely it's time to admit wrong and try to salvage something for the future.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Demon fan » Sun May 27, 2018 3:10 pm

I think the coach is going to be the scape goat for a very poorly constructed decision/direction of the MVale's committee. Murdock will struggle to get another coaching position due to being put in the position by someone else (club) and previous reputation.
Demon fan
Mini-League

Postby oldman » Sun May 27, 2018 10:03 pm

Demon fan wrote:I think the coach is going to be the scape goat for a very poorly constructed decision/direction of the MVale's committee. Murdock will struggle to get another coaching position due to being put in the position by someone else (club) and previous reputation.

Nobody wanted him to coach except a select 1 or 2 people. What's his track record like...... oh that's right its not good and these results don't shock anyone. I agree it's the committee led by the president that need to be held accountable but this is a huge hill to climb now considering the overall demise of SFL.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby Demon fan » Sun May 27, 2018 10:22 pm

Emus not likely to be a destination of choice for an experienced coach either, will be hard to rebound from this. Attitude is we have a young group coming up, the juniors haven't been setting the competition alight, so the 1-2 people are blowing a little smoke to keep the members settled. I know that not everyone is happy with the way things are going, but no one is willing to step up and challenge the small clicky group running the show.
Demon fan
Mini-League

Postby phossil » Sun May 27, 2018 11:47 pm

It will be interesting to see the results of the next two matches and how the playing group and coach respond. That will complete a full round and show where the club is at overall.
phossil
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Demon fan » Mon May 28, 2018 8:39 am

phossil wrote:It will be interesting to see the results of the next two matches and how the playing group and coach respond. That will complete a full round and show where the club is at overall.

I can't see us winning either game or getting close ( hopefully I'm wrong ) players have been let down by the committees decisions. I can't see anything changing until the AGM, either then I'm not confident because the small group are making all the decisions.
Demon fan
Mini-League

Postby tigerpie » Mon May 28, 2018 11:31 am

Demon fan wrote:
phossil wrote:It will be interesting to see the results of the next two matches and how the playing group and coach respond. That will complete a full round and show where the club is at overall.

I can't see us winning either game or getting close ( hopefully I'm wrong ) players have been let down by the committees decisions. I can't see anything changing until the AGM, either then I'm not confident because the small group are making all the decisions.

Maybe go on the committee?
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 28, 2018 1:14 pm

Can anyone from Reynella explain why when their Ruckman got yellow carded at the 5 min mark of the last 1/4 didn't come back on and they played with 17 for the rest of the game?

Flies look pretty good, well structured and cohesive unit, could threaten the top 3.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Barracker1 » Mon May 28, 2018 1:44 pm

Well what a result for the Sharks and nothing but humiliation for the Emu's. I understand some of the views prior to me writing this but maybe I can fill in a couple of gaps that may raise a few questions for the Emu crew. I was told by a VERY reliable source that Dave Murdock was offered the job and didn't even have an interview JUST handed the role. Blew into emu land like a hurricane and advised several senior players "his way or the highway" that included training demands and financial, and bingo mass exodus to Other clubs. Statements made about "blame" in previous posts seem on the money but I reckon that there might be shared responsibility between coach and certain committee members that have allowed the demise of this once great club. Further to that heard from another great source of info that a junior coach at M'Vale was approached by committee to replace the senior coach post haste. He refused.
Barracker1

Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Demon fan » Mon May 28, 2018 2:41 pm

I would say you have very good sources! There was a selection committee for the senior coaching role, however the president did his own thing and Murdock was appointed. No real discussions with senior players about 2018 just my way or see ya as you mentioned.

Tigerpie- pointless being on a committee where only 3 people have a say. In the end the blame sits with the president and his little group.
Demon fan
Mini-League

Postby sweendog » Mon May 28, 2018 2:52 pm

Things get a little tough and look at all the Emus once faithful driving the knifes in

maybe a merger with Hackham is on the cards???? :D :D
oh when the saints go marching in
sweendog
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Barracker1 » Mon May 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Please don't include me in the MVale faithful, I have absolutely NO CONNECTION to the club just good information.
Barracker1

Been liked: 24 times

Postby Animus » Mon May 28, 2018 3:42 pm

Happy Valley must be loving this attention being on the Emus for a while :lol:
Animus
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby scottroo » Mon May 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Never did I think I’d see the day were valleys and the emus are down the bottom of the ladder
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon May 28, 2018 4:18 pm

scottroo wrote:Never did I think I’d see the day were valleys and the emus are down the bottom of the ladder
The bit that gets me is the ones saying it is the "death of the league".

What arrogance, MV are having some issues but they are obviously so important that the rest of us cannot survive a lean year or two by them. Go figure

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 28, 2018 4:21 pm

Whens the last time MV won a flag at any level?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Courtney Fish » Mon May 28, 2018 4:39 pm

scottroo wrote:Never did I think I’d see the day were valleys and the emus are down the bottom of the ladder

When the 2 bottom teams leave someone has to take their spots at the foot of the ladder.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby tigerpie » Mon May 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Demon fan wrote:I would say you have very good sources! There was a selection committee for the senior coaching role, however the president did his own thing and Murdock was appointed. No real discussions with senior players about 2018 just my way or see ya as you mentioned.

Tigerpie- pointless being on a committee where only 3 people have a say. In the end the blame sits with the president and his little group.

Then you need to read your constitution. It may well be that the executive appoint the coach.
I'm certain his application was discussed in some form at committee level?
If that isn't the case then they've broken your constitution. Hanging offence.
But in all seriousness anyone whinging about Murdoch take it to your agm.
Get on the committee.
Sfl needs a strong Morphettvale f.c
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL