20/20 Footy

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: 20/20 Footy

Postby Dashin » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:10 pm

RRR wrote:
ohh i dunno wrote:sooo whos got tips 4 friday night, ive heard shocs were pretty close last week to full strenght and lofty put their worst team out for the comp last friday, but their going to have some big ins this week about 7 premierships players to return. I believe you will see a near repeat of round 1 lofty to smash shocs and valleys just over flinders.

**** me u Lofty blokes are one eyed !!! and no shocs werent close to "full strength", a half wit could see that, and yes Lofty have some good well paid players, and I know most of them an they are good blokes. Enjoy the game tommorrow whoever is going down and lets all have a beer after the game! - great concept HV

WTF was that? That sentence made zero sense!

Devils in a canter tomorrow night.
Dashin
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby dangermouse » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:08 am

Mt Lofty should have a good number of their premiership players on the park tonight so if SHOC can also field a strong team we should see a high quality contest. My pick is Mt Lofty, they seem to love playing on big flat hard decks like Happy Valley, it suits their strengths (speed and ball movement). The lads should be pretty fired up after the decent old caining they received on the track last night.
dangermouse
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby BJ Ernest » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:15 am

dangermouse wrote:Mt Lofty should have a good number of their premiership players on the park tonight so if SHOC can also field a strong team we should see a high quality contest. My pick is Mt Lofty, they seem to love playing on big flat hard decks like Happy Valley, it suits their strengths (speed and ball movement). The lads should be pretty fired up after the decent old caining they received on the track last night.

I personally am very keen to see this Lofty side in action. So much hype about them and knowing a few of the boys and they are good players would love to see them in action.

So they received a caning on the track last night? Is that a good thing the day before a match?
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby Get_The_Pellet » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:32 am

BJ Ernest wrote:
dangermouse wrote:Mt Lofty should have a good number of their premiership players on the park tonight so if SHOC can also field a strong team we should see a high quality contest. My pick is Mt Lofty, they seem to love playing on big flat hard decks like Happy Valley, it suits their strengths (speed and ball movement). The lads should be pretty fired up after the decent old caining they received on the track last night.

I personally am very keen to see this Lofty side in action. So much hype about them and knowing a few of the boys and they are good players would love to see them in action.

So they received a caning on the track last night? Is that a good thing the day before a match?

dont think its a bad thing... the lads are pretty fit and will pull up fine i would imagine....
i hear they were told just bring your running shoes.. no need for boots tonight, and the footys were put away for the night....
but from all reports none of the boys complained just went about the work with great enthusiasm.. getting each other going when some started to drop a bit..
Get_The_Pellet
Mini-League

Postby dangermouse » Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:30 pm

With the average age of the Lofty side being around 23 and generally pretty fit you'd think they'd pull up well- and in reality, it is only 40 minutes of footy they have to play!
dangermouse
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby White Unicorn » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Should hopefully be a good game. Know the SHOC boys want to put on a better effort than the Rd 1 encounter. Few boys back in, but still a lot of quality A graders on the sidelines. Hope its a good game, Lofty favourites, but hopefully a close game.
White Unicorn
Rookie

Postby GetTheSherrin » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:01 pm

WU, whats the reason for the shocs team missing a few?? injured or just not keen for the 20/20?? i think we'll have our full list or very close to, to choose from. gonna be a great night. see ya there!!
VOTE1 Tom Maslin for the seat of MAYO!!
GetTheSherrin
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby White Unicorn » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:18 pm

GetTheSherrin wrote:WU, whats the reason for the shocs team missing a few?? injured or just not keen for the 20/20?? i think we'll have our full list or very close to, to choose from. gonna be a great night. see ya there!!

Yeah athletics and injuries. Few of our better A graders eg Wilson, Laundy, Rayson, Forster, Whitelum, Clancey are all injured from training injuries or knee/shoulder op's over the summer. Few others like Danny Wray, Wright, McSporran, Lipari have had limited pre-seasons so wont play till March. I know Tasborski and Horan back in for tonight though. Shattock and Flatman played first games last week and will play tonight. Know they will give it a fair crack tonight though and hopefully get over the line.
White Unicorn
Rookie

Postby GetTheSherrin » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:41 pm

yeah thats a lot of missing players youd be pretty keen this season to start. have you guys moved up to div1 this yr?? not really sure of the ameteurs set up.
VOTE1 Tom Maslin for the seat of MAYO!!
GetTheSherrin
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby White Unicorn » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:57 pm

GetTheSherrin wrote:yeah thats a lot of missing players youd be pretty keen this season to start. have you guys moved up to div1 this yr?? not really sure of the ameteurs set up.

Yeah in Div 1. Wouldnt think we would be a force in Div 1 though! Have lost a few to sanfl clubs and O/S which will make it a tough year
White Unicorn
Rookie

Postby scottroo » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:29 pm

shocs won by 7 points tonight...good close game, cail harris player of the series
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Bag The Points » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:31 am

Yep, great win by SHOCS tonight. Fantastic footy all round again tonight with winners in doubt to the last moments in all three games (including the U/16 opener between Westies and South).
Well done to Flinders Park. Got up over the Valley by three points to make sure they didn't go home empty-handed.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby ohh i dunno » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:31 am

Yehh it was a good game fairly high intensity, SHOCS capitalised on the wind more than Lofty which was their down fall in the end, but good way to finish the series with lofty hero brad burch having a kick for goal after the siren.
ohh i dunno
Rookie

Postby footy1992 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:55 pm

20-20 footy is back in 2010!

More fantastic footy like in years past starting the 5th of Feb!
footy1992
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby ol man emu » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Only time we hear from happy valley.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby spot on » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:02 pm

ol man emu wrote:Only time we hear from happy valley.

Probabley got nothing else to report
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby ol man emu » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:21 am

spot on wrote:

They have got stuff to report.
Been doing some recruiting and past players returning.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby special » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:39 pm

ol man emu wrote:
spot on wrote:

They have got stuff to report.
Been doing some recruiting and past players returning.

ins and outs for this club?
special
Rookie

Postby Goldberg » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:21 am

Scores from Friday 6th any1
Goldberg
League Bench Warmer

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Goldberg wrote:Scores from Friday 6th any1

Valley smashed by SHOC.
Flinders Park up over Imperials by four points.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL