SFL Clubs Junior Information

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: SFL Clubs Junior Information

Postby ol man emu » Wed May 26, 2010 5:25 pm

PhilH wrote:My son has started with the Happy Valley Under 8's this year and is really getting into it despite being a year behind most others in terms of experience.

They have enough players for two small teams (BLACK & GOLD )so if anyone is still looking for a game we have some spots available

Training is 5pm - 6pm Friday Nights

Some one from Happy valley with a computer UNBELIVABLE.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby footy1992 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:39 pm

ol man emu wrote:
PhilH wrote:My son has started with the Happy Valley Under 8's this year and is really getting into it despite being a year behind most others in terms of experience.

They have enough players for two small teams (BLACK & GOLD )so if anyone is still looking for a game we have some spots available

Training is 5pm - 6pm Friday Nights

Some one from Happy valley with a computer UNBELIVABLE.

Make that two :shock: :lol:
footy1992
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Dutchy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:50 am

Anyone here know what the underage rules are...i.e. what age does a play need to be to play Under 8's or Under 10's etc?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3566 times

Postby DILLIGAF » Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:17 pm

my lads 6 and plays u/8s and u/10
Does It Look Like I Give A F**k
SEE YA LATER!!!
DILLIGAF
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby asert » Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:42 pm

I'd say it's a case of just being too old not too young. There is no bumping or tackling in u8s so it would just be up to your opinion.
asert
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Waterboy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:34 pm

Dutchy wrote:Anyone here know what the underage rules are...i.e. what age does a play need to be to play Under 8's or Under 10's etc?

Have to be under the age limit on 1st January, ie. must be 7 or under on the 1st of January of the current year to play under 8s.
Have to be turning 6 in the current year to play under 8s.
Can play up one age group with parental permission, eg. a 6 year old can play under 8s and then under 10s, as long as mum or dad agree.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Waterboy wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Anyone here know what the underage rules are...i.e. what age does a play need to be to play Under 8's or Under 10's etc?

Have to be under the age limit on 1st January, ie. must be 7 or under on the 1st of January of the current year to play under 8s.
Have to be turning 6 in the current year to play under 8s.
Can play up one age group with parental permission, eg. a 6 year old can play under 8s and then under 10s, as long as mum or dad agree.

Thanks thats the info I was after, my lad is playing Under 8's at Flaggy and only just turned 7 so will get to go around in the same grade next year.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3566 times

Postby TEX07 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:44 pm

I am not sure if this is the right junior comp but a work mate of mines son playes for Plympton and he was telling me this morning that through the season they are allowed to play 28 players in all games right through to the last finals game then for the grand final they are only allowed to play 22.

He was telling me that they will need to tell 4 kids who have played all year that they are not allowed to play in the GF if they make it. Anyone know why they would do this? seems a bit tough on the kids, i think they ar eonly under 11s or something like that. I have a three year old who already loves footy, it would break my heart to see him miss out on something he had been involved in all year for what i cant see being any reason? what harm would it do to have the saem number of interchamge all year?
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:25 am

Not sure if thats quite right Tex07. My understanding is that clubs in Metro South must cap their squads for each age group at 28. But they still only play each week with 22 (18 plus 4 interchange).

Most coaches will then roster the 28 players through the season so that most kids get a fairly even amount of games. With illness, unavailability etc. some weeks the 6 players who don't play will look after itself.

Unfortunately come finals coaches will want to play their best team and the reality is that players number 23 to 28 will miss out.

The cap is used because Metro South has a heavy reliance on private school lads and many of the players at 3 or 4 clubs in particular feed from Sacred Heart and Immanuel. If they wanted to play for the same 1 or 2 clubs the league would struggle to field a viable comp.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 287 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL