Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:23 am

marbles wrote:Else the vacancy is in div 5 at this stage :D

Wrong. I have it on very good authority D5 is not going to be available for entry - Brighton will be afforded D3 or D4..

A couple spots in D6 are being reserved for someone else as well..
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4054 times

Postby carey » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:24 am

Zartan wrote:

Wrong. I have it on very good authority D5 is not going to be available for entry - Brighton will be afforded D3 or D4..

Para Hills?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:34 am

No they'll re-enter via D7 I believe.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:06 am

Brighton are trying to get away from one sided matches every other week, if they go into D4 they will face one sided matches every week!
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2343 times
Been liked: 3610 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:14 am

Dutchy wrote:Brighton are trying to get away from one sided matches every other week, if they go into D4 they will face one sided matches every week!

Whixh division a club is placed in entering the SAAFL is determined by executive. There is no default division nor is it put to a vote by clubs
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby banterfordays » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:29 am

You'd think that if the SFL died valleys and flaggys would follow their cricket clubs and go hills not GS
banterfordays

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:56 am

Zartan wrote:

err dude how can it be wrong. the current vacancy is in div 4

2 teams will come up, and 1 team is going down. that makes 9 teams in div 5 currently next year. The vacancy is therefore in div 5 "at this point"

your wonderful notion that theres places here and there means current existing clubs are gonna get f####d over, just so SFL clubs can come in and fill your slots, let hope its ingle farm :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:59 am

marbles wrote:err dude how can it be wrong. the current vacancy is in div 4

2 teams will come up, and 1 team is going down. that makes 9 teams in div 5 currently next year. The vacancy is therefore in div 5 "at this point"

your wonderful notion that theres places here and there means current existing clubs are gonna get f####d over, just so SFL clubs can come in and fill your slots, let hope its ingle farm :D

I'm telling you it's wrong because it is ;) :D

Regardless where the vacancy lies this year - and where it should lie next year, that wont be the case, and no side will be entering into D5 in 2017.

Yes some existing club may get screwed over.. unlucky.. it is what it is.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:45 pm

Zartan wrote:
marbles wrote:err dude how can it be wrong. the current vacancy is in div 4

I'm telling you it's wrong because it is ;) :D

Regardless where the vacancy lies this year - and where it should lie next year, that wont be the case, and no side will be entering into D5 in 2017.

Yes some existing club may get screwed over.. unlucky.. it is what it is.

Incorrect. The vacancy is currently officially div 5 and until an official adjustment is implemented your wishful thinking is merely speculation, dreams or false realities :D

The vacancy is currently div 5 that is fact
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:03 pm

What ever, I don't care lol - you're confusing me :lol:

Moral of the story is NO ONE is entering SAAFL in D5 next season - they will be placed higher or lower depending who they are. This is fact.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Zartan wrote:What ever, I don't care lol - you're confusing me :lol:

Moral of the story is NO ONE is entering SAAFL in D5 next season - they will be placed higher or lower depending who they are. This is fact.

at this stage no club is joining saafl and there will be 9 teams in div 5, so you might wanna finish 3rd in div 6 and youll also get promoted cos 3 teams will have to go up #inglefarm

anyways any idiot who votes no to brighton leaving will assist their club in remaining in 30 goal noncompetitive victories every second week for another 5 years
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby tigerpie » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:02 pm

marbles wrote:

at this stage no club is joining saafl and there will be 9 teams in div 5, so you might wanna finish 3rd in div 6 and youll also get promoted cos 3 teams will have to go up #inglefarm

anyways any idiot who votes no to brighton leaving will assist their club in remaining in 30 goal noncompetitive victories every second week for another 5 years

Brighton play cove, morphie park, reynella, flaggies and christies in the next 5 games. If they win ANY of those games by 30 goals i'll eat me hat!

Sure there are some inequities in the comp but when you play the lesser teams it gives you an opportunity to rest blokes and have a look at some youth.
Marbles you peddle some tripe.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 509 times
Been liked: 434 times

Postby Luke15 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:03 pm

tigerpie wrote:
marbles wrote:

Brighton play cove, morphie park, reynella, flaggies and christies in the next 5 games. If they win ANY of those games by 30 goals i'll eat me hat!

Sure there are some inequities in the comp but when you play the lesser teams it gives you an opportunity to rest blokes and have a look at some youth.

I tend to agree with Tigerpie here and i am very very surprised more clubs do not do it..expecially those at the top that are in a position to do so. I went back through Sportingpulse and it is very evident that a club like Brighton doesnt do this. Use the games against the bottom sides to blood some kids and reward players. Look at Reynella for example, unless it is a misprint but they have used 47 different players through the A grade this year. That is a phenomenal number and you would have to say they will be better in the long run. Anyone from Reynella shed light on why so many have been used. Coaches philosophy?? Injuries?? Or combination of both??
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Boof » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:48 pm

Luke15 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
marbles wrote:

I tend to agree with Tigerpie here and i am very very surprised more clubs do not do it..expecially those at the top that are in a position to do so. I went back through Sportingpulse and it is very evident that a club like Brighton doesnt do this. Use the games against the bottom sides to blood some kids and reward players. Look at Reynella for example, unless it is a misprint but they have used 47 different players through the A grade this year. That is a phenomenal number and you would have to say they will be better in the long run. Anyone from Reynella shed light on why so many have been used. Coaches philosophy?? Injuries?? Or combination of both??

Reynella have always exposed younger players against weaker teams when the opportunity has presented itself. Over the years several have played well enough to keep their spot. Its a great way to give them a taste of A grade and to give some older sore players a rest.
But they have to earn it by getting the respect of the senior coaches, nothing is gifted as such! 47 players used would be around the mark as we have had injured players all season.

The Amateur League model seems like a very good way of getting teams into division's they can be competitive in. While the likes of Brighton may have to enter in a division well below the standard they should be in, eventually they will reap the rewards. Sometimes you need to go backwards to go forward.
If all of the SFL teams where to join at the same time what division would they start in?

An 8 team local league would be a much better competition than the current one. If we had the current top 10 A grade teams minus Brighton and M-Parks.
Boof
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:11 pm

If all clubs joined there would hav to be conferences or something

The top 5 sfl club join the top 5 div 2 clubs

The top 6-10 sfl clubs join the bottom 5 div 3 clubs

A 20 team conference or some shit premiers go to div 1 following season

The remaining sfl clubs would go to div 6 or 7

Oh and theres a vacant spot in div 5

Aldinga to gsfl?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:42 pm

marbles wrote:If all clubs joined there would hav to be conferences or something

Aldinga to gsfl?

The top 5 clubs are better than that, doesn't logic dictate they will expand the SANFL to be a 14 club comp by addIng the top 5 SFL clubs
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 36 times

Postby marbles » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:05 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
marbles wrote:If all clubs joined there would hav to be conferences or something

Aldinga to gsfl?

The top 5 clubs are better than that, doesn't logic dictate they will expand the SANFL to be a 14 club comp by addIng the top 5 SFL clubs

Phht ahh yes put them in the sanfl youre right.

No one deserves a free ticket to saafl div 1 it should be earnt IMO
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby shoe boy » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:23 am

No one deserves a free ticket to saafl div 1 it should be earnt IMO[/quote]

Why would my club want to be part of a competition that plays seniors on Saturday with NO connection to its juniors if they have any! (I believe within the total divisions in the SAAFL there is only a third with juniors)

I work with a lad that coaches a junior side within the SAAFL at a high level and asked what connection he and side have with senior side's ,answer zip!

We the SFL must resolve our problems and no better time than NOW .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:57 am

SB just because 1 club says that it doesn't mean that's the case with all. If a SAAFL club wants to really connect it's Senior and Junior connection it's completely up to the individual club. When we did have 16's and 18's many of the 16's trained with the senior squad to better them selves and 18's trained with the Seniors religiously every Tuesday and Thursday. We ended up winning 4 senior flags as a result in coming years. League culture has zero impact and just because you play on different days it doesn't mean you can't connect both concepts of your club.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:09 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:SB just because 1 club says that it doesn't mean that's the case with all. If a SAAFL club wants to really connect it's Senior and Junior connection it's completely up to the individual club. When we did have 16's and 18's many of the 16's trained with the senior squad to better them selves and 18's trained with the Seniors religiously every Tuesday and Thursday. We ended up winning 4 senior flags as a result in coming years. League culture has zero impact and just because you play on different days it doesn't mean you can't connect both concepts of your club.

Absolutely true LK. At Flinders Park under 18's and some 16's train with Seniors on Tuesday nights and during pre-season there would be about 20-30 under 18's/16's training both nights with the seniors. A couple of weeks ago the seniors had a bonding day which included a spit and booze day during the two under 18 matches. The seniors also give out awards to the younger kids at their Super Sundays which occur once a month. It's all apart of the one-club mentality Flinders have adopted.
mighty hounds
Coach

Been liked: 286 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL