coaches

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: coaches

Postby BIG RED DELICIOUS 2 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:38 pm

Sounds as though alot on here know more about Sam than I do. My knowledge of Sam extends to references of "$am Money" whenever he and Jervois from the 2004-2009 era get mentioned. I've never quite worked out what the money references have truly meant so maybe some of you can enlighten.

I'm told that Sam's appointment was purely based on his own credentials and nothing to do with the so called plethora of players who may be interested in playing now that Sam is coach. The Bombers have only lost 6 out of our last 41 games in A grade and only 3 games in the same period in the B grade with a senior list that is still not that old. So Sam already has plenty to work with and we are confident he will have us challenging for the flag for a few years to come.

4 flags at Jervois as a marquee player and Asst. Coach including 2 come from behind GF wins means he knows how to win big games.[/quote]
As assistant...what about the year he coached after that who went out in straight sets? Ewer, Rigney, Beeching, Jagodnik, Mahoney, Bayliss, Schmidt...not a bad team in any league.[/quote]Well he definitely has a pretty damn good team already at Brighton and if he adds the players rumoured they would surely be favourites![/quote]

Agree P32... Maybe a Forward and an inside mid away from taking favouritism off the Flies!
BIG RED DELICIOUS 2
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:19 pm

I hear that only a couple of players turned up to the meet the coach night at HV last Friday night
Seems Matthew Dent isnt able to draw a crowd
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Moe » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:58 pm

Glad Mister Footy is not a member of my club.
Always seems negative to me.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby fly » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Moe wrote:Glad Mister Footy is not a member of my club.

Look at who he supports no wonder he is negative. I would be too if I had the misfortune to follow those two woeful sides.
fly
Under 16s

Postby Mister Footy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:55 am

Moe not always negative - actually defended the club on this forum not that long ago
Just putting it out there that Matthew Dent hasnt had players rushing to meet him
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Moe » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Mister Footy wrote:

Moe not always negative - actually defended the club on this forum not that long ago
Just putting it out there that Matthew Dent hasnt had players rushing to meet him

Fair enough mate.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby ohh i dunno » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:40 pm

Moe wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:

Fair enough mate.

Seriously who is running happy valley, matthew dent f@#k me, good bloke for a beer, horrible coach.
ohh i dunno
Rookie

Coach Movements

Postby Hcaoc20 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:39 pm

Porter to Maccelsfield, X to Lonsdale, B Grade Coach Mt Lofty to Plympton A Grade
Hcaoc20
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby NO-MERCY » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:29 am

BIG RED DELICIOUS 2 wrote:Sounds as though alot on here know more about Sam than I do. My knowledge of Sam extends to references of "$am Money" whenever he and Jervois from the 2004-2009 era get mentioned. I've never quite worked out what the money references have truly meant so maybe some of you can enlighten.

I'm told that Sam's appointment was purely based on his own credentials and nothing to do with the so called plethora of players who may be interested in playing now that Sam is coach. The Bombers have only lost 6 out of our last 41 games in A grade and only 3 games in the same period in the B grade with a senior list that is still not that old. So Sam already has plenty to work with and we are confident he will have us challenging for the flag for a few years to come.

4 flags at Jervois as a marquee player and Asst. Coach including 2 come from behind GF wins means he knows how to win big games.

As assistant...what about the year he coached after that who went out in straight sets? Ewer, Rigney, Beeching, Jagodnik, Mahoney, Bayliss, Schmidt...not a bad team in any league.[/quote]Well he definitely has a pretty damn good team already at Brighton and if he adds the players rumoured they would surely be favourites![/quote]

Agree P32... Maybe a Forward and an inside mid away from taking favouritism off the Flies![/quote]

Who needs or wants favourtism?? :shock:
NO-MERCY
Coach

Been liked: 15 times

Postby GO THE PUNT » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Brighton have a number of potential A grade forwards already running around in the 2's and the 18's that just need a bit of polish. The problem is that the same faces get picked week in week out and these guys just don't get a chance at A grade level. They need the chance to play at A grade level to be able to learn and improve but it just doesn't happen at bomberland.
GO THE PUNT
Rookie

Postby NO-MERCY » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:21 pm

GO THE PUNT wrote:Brighton have a number of potential A grade forwards already running around in the 2's and the 18's that just need a bit of polish. The problem is that the same faces get picked week in week out and these guys just don't get a chance at A grade level. They need the chance to play at A grade level to be able to learn and improve but it just doesn't happen at bomberland.

I believe Sam will give the young ones that show potential an opportunity but you just can't throw the kids in the deep end until they are ready, i'm sure he's seen enough footy to know when a players ready or not, i hope the rest of the team take it on the chin when it does happen as i know what players of today are like, some that have been around along time think they are invincible & cannot be droppped. The more depth you have & players challenging for a position the better.
I just hope the club & supporters are ready when he makes those decisions.
NO-MERCY
Coach

Been liked: 15 times

Postby Rush a Point » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:59 pm

NO-MERCY wrote:
GO THE PUNT wrote:Brighton have a number of potential A grade forwards already running around in the 2's and the 18's that just need a bit of polish. The problem is that the same faces get picked week in week out and these guys just don't get a chance at A grade level. They need the chance to play at A grade level to be able to learn and improve but it just doesn't happen at bomberland.

I believe Sam will give the young ones that show potential an opportunity but you just can't throw the kids in the deep end until they are ready, i'm sure he's seen enough footy to know when a players ready or not, i hope the rest of the team take it on the chin when it does happen as i know what players of today are like, some that have been around along time think they are invincible & cannot be droppped. The more depth you have & players challenging for a position the better.

Perhaps that maybe one of the problems at Bomberland. They have had very successful juniors over the last couple of years, but they don't seem to go on and play senior football. Look at their U18's, won a couple of premierships, but how many are still at the club.
Rush a Point

Been liked: 1 time

Postby White Line Fever » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:32 am

Rush a Point wrote:
NO-MERCY wrote:

Perhaps that maybe one of the problems at Bomberland. They have had very successful juniors over the last couple of years, but they don't seem to go on and play senior football. Look at their U18's, won a couple of premierships, but how many are still at the club.

Look at Tom Underwood.
Couldn't get an A grade game at Brighton, came to Marion finished in top5 B&F and apparently is now off to the country after being heavily sort after.
There is a 'click' at Bomberland and until that is broken alot of good young players will not get the development you require to become a good A grade player.
The only downfall to having big numbers.
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:31 am

Word about town is Dion Hibberd to be the A Grade Assistant for Hackham in 2011.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby zedman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:35 am

Sorry Dude wrote:Word about town is Dion Hibberd to be the A Grade Assistant for Hackham in 2011.

word is hackham will lose another 5-7 to a SAAFL club..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1080 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:41 am

zedman wrote:
Sorry Dude wrote:Word about town is Dion Hibberd to be the A Grade Assistant for Hackham in 2011.

word is hackham will lose another 5-7 to a SAAFL club..

word is they have already gone.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby zedman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:15 pm

werd..

but the best one was left behind?
zedman
Coach

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:37 pm

zedman wrote:werd..

but the best one was left behind?

not sure who you class the best one?
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Postby zedman » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:49 pm

opinions :)

so who do you think is the best of them?

at 3 points a hit (if majority of games in 2010 were in the A grade) then they would want to be ok..cuz the numbers add up quickly..
zedman
Coach

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:57 pm

zedman wrote:opinions :)

so who do you think is the best of them?

at 3 points a hit (if majority of games in 2010 were in the A grade) then they would want to be ok..cuz the numbers add up quickly..

the 3 best from when i was there last are as follows:
M.Paine
B.Moser
K.Evans
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL