Morphettville Park Football Club News

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Postby FOOTYGODS » Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:37 pm

do they pay much cash...
FOOTYGODS
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby VC » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:42 am

hibberds not at noarlunga, meuretts confirmed A grade coach at m/ville this yr, and shannon may's playing days r over boys... m/ville will struggle big time$ again, im predicting meurett won't see out the yr... if the players lack of committment is anythng like last yr he'll resign sooner rather than later.
VC
Under 16s

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:57 am

VC wrote:hibberds not at noarlunga, meuretts confirmed A grade coach at m/ville this yr, and shannon may's playing days r over boys... m/ville will struggle big time$ again, im predicting meurett won't see out the yr... if the players lack of committment is anythng like last yr he'll resign sooner rather than later.

I have to agree there VC there didn't seem to be much committment from a few players there in 06. Peter has alot of respect at the club and i think that will show in next years results, If they can keep there core players together, recruit some key position players they should get back on the right track I have heard they are looking at increasing there player budget next year and if the right players come along they will snap them up, but I know they are not going to waste any money on players that won't give them 100% and if it takes them another year of rebuilding they will. If they can make there on field team as good as there off field group there should be some good time just around the corner.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby VC » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:43 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:
VC wrote:hibberds not at noarlunga, meuretts confirmed A grade coach at m/ville this yr, and shannon may's playing days r over boys... m/ville will struggle big time$ again, im predicting meurett won't see out the yr... if the players lack of committment is anythng like last yr he'll resign sooner rather than later.

I have to agree there VC there didn't seem to be much committment from a few players there in 06. Peter has alot of respect at the club and i think that will show in next years results, If they can keep there core players together, recruit some key position players they should get back on the right track I have heard they are looking at increasing there player budget next year and if the right players come along they will snap them up, but I know they are not going to waste any money on players that won't give them 100% and if it takes them another year of rebuilding they will. If they can make there on field team as good as there off field group there should be some good time just around the corner.

yes i've heard that they r possibily increasing there players budget, but from wat i've heard r chasing the wrong playaz, ex playaz mainly, time to move on surely?? ive heard there core playaz commitment isnt much chop either, eg, training... i dont think they can afford another yr of rebuilding if they get results like last yr. but i really do hope they do well, great club and some fantastic people down there, wish they could get get back to how they were in the early 90's
VC
Under 16s

Postby Old and Grey » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:43 pm

Any suggestions on how they or even some of the other struggling clubs in the Southern League can improve to match the M/Vales, Reynella's and the likes?
Old and Grey
Mini-League

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:07 pm

No easy answer there Old n Grey, clubs like that seem to have the SFL in there back pocket. The league is only as strong as it's weakest team and they should be doing more to help out the struggling clubs, not just proping up the ones at the top. These days everyone wants a buck to play footy, and some of the players asking for a buck arn't that flash. You just have to choose your contracted players wisely and not waste it on people who think they can play. Easier said than done though.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Postby Navy2005 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:36 pm

Shame about Shannon May was a terrific player to watch in full flight. Any word as to who Meurett is trying recruit to the club no doubt he'll be trying to grab a few ex West juniors.
Navy2005
Under 16s

Postby VC » Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:43 pm

Navy2005 wrote:

Shame about Shannon May was a terrific player to watch in full flight. Any word as to who Meurett is trying recruit to the club no doubt he'll be trying to grab a few ex West juniors.

yea may was a gun... big shame bout him... havent heard much bout recruiting, only a couple of ex players have been mentioned... personally they should move on from these guys i think
VC
Under 16s

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:54 am

Any news on how the Roos are going to fair in 2007? any new players or departures :?: :?:
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Postby Navy2005 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:42 pm

What's the general feel about Meuret?
Navy2005
Under 16s

Postby Insider » Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:50 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:Any news on how the Roos are going to fair in 2007? any new players or departures :?: :?:

Wheels and Deals heard the other night Shannon Eves and Bruce H ( cant spell his last name) are back from torrens valley and willunga respectively?
Is D Frahm still there or been given the ass? Also heard M Knowles is back again give up son or should i say grandad!!!!
Insider
Rookie

Postby bay boy » Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:06 pm

Insider wrote:
WHEELS&DEALS wrote:Any news on how the Roos are going to fair in 2007? any new players or departures :?: :?:

Wheels and Deals heard the other night Shannon Eves and Bruce H ( cant spell his last name) are back from torrens valley and willunga respectively?
Is D Frahm still there or been given the ass? Also heard M Knowles is back again give up son or should i say grandad!!!!

Is that Bruce Huiznik your talking about ? He was playing B's at Willunga wasn't he ?
bay boy
Under 16s

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:04 pm

Insider wrote:

Not to sure if they are coming back or not. i know the club was keen to talk to them but havn't heard much about them. Did hear that frahm was going to iron bank but can't confirm, and with Peter back coaching you never know what the Great Grandad (knowles) might do.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Postby THE BOSS » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:32 pm

Why aren't you in the garden Wheels & Deals ?
THE BOSS
Rookie

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:36 pm

THE BOSS wrote:Why aren't you in the garden Wheels & Deals ?

Had to come into work for a couple of hours so i thought i might go through the emails, only had 476, not bad for a week away.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Postby Insider » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:59 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:
Insider wrote:

Not to sure if they are coming back or not. i know the club was keen to talk to them but havn't heard much about them. Did hear that frahm was going to iron bank but can't confirm, and with Peter back coaching you never know what the Great Grandad (knowles) might do.

Is that the Frahm that was at sturt juniors? That bloke can play!!!!!
Mate if Mark Knowles plays this year the clubs ****** and i will come play too, must be lookin for players to let him play. Only blokes that old that u could respect are Glenn BOONY Simmons and Shane Pitt!!!! they playing too?
Insider
Rookie

Postby crowmuncher » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:49 am

Yeah Frahmmy used to play for the Eagles and moved accross to Sturt, big body and had some good skills, apparently couldnt get a game out there, and well we at sturt sucked so he fit right in... :lol:
crowmuncher
Rookie

Postby FOOTYGODS » Mon May 14, 2007 9:10 pm

Frahm couldn't get a kick in a street fight never heard of him out at the eagles, really isn't much chop.... should have gone to iron bank.........
FOOTYGODS
Under 18s

Postby the big bang » Mon May 21, 2007 7:16 pm

where did you get that Frahm played Sturt juniors? i played against him in juniors in mildura. there a chance you got the wrong frahm in mind?
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Re: Morphettville Park Football Club News

Postby jimbo » Tue May 29, 2007 3:24 pm

Is it true that an A Grade player ( who was playin good footy )has walked out of the club due to an arguement with the Asst Coach ?
If so has Meuret chose the right Asst, first he coaches them to there first loss against Aldinga & now a player has left due to him.
jimbo
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL