Morphettville Park Football Club News

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Morphettville Park Football Club News

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Wed May 30, 2007 12:53 pm

jimbo wrote:Is it true that an A Grade player ( who was playin good footy )has walked out of the club due to an arguement with the Asst Coach ?
If so has Meuret chose the right Asst, first he coaches them to there first loss against Aldinga & now a player has left due to him.

Not to sure if he has walked out but there was a few words said between them both. My opinion it may be time to take on a different roll. Just because you have played plenty of footy dosn't mean you can coach. Some people just havn't got it and it sounds like he may be one of them.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Pieman » Wed May 30, 2007 6:04 pm

is shane pit still dancing the floors down at roo land? does he still give his tooth a run??

i see that the roos still havent found a forward that can kick goals since luke hocking left in 1997??
Pieman
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Insider » Wed May 30, 2007 10:14 pm

Wheels how r u? Long time no speak hope all is well. Do i know of the player that has walked out?? Bet the Asst coach thinks he is in the right and wasnt his fault u lost to Aldinga!! Oh well wat can u do?
Insider
Rookie

Postby VC » Thu May 31, 2007 1:46 pm

for starters, the player in question walks out on footy round bout this time every season! or at least the past 2 or 3. and from wat i hear it was nothing to do with losing to aldinga... the asst is surely the man for the job in my mind. aldinga have improved undoubtly. was always going to be a danger game for the roos who still think theyre better than they r.
VC
Under 16s

Postby VC » Thu May 31, 2007 1:52 pm

Pieman wrote:is shane pit still dancing the floors down at roo land? does he still give his tooth a run??

i see that the roos still havent found a forward that can kick goals since luke hocking left in 1997??

ah, hibberd kicked plenty, alot!! more than hocko i think youd find, thomas, kicked 60 in a losing season, not a bad effprt? none of these names ring a bell pieman...
VC
Under 16s

Postby jimbo » Thu May 31, 2007 2:52 pm

VC wrote:for starters, the player in question walks out on footy round bout this time every season! or at least the past 2 or 3. and from wat i hear it was nothing to do with losing to aldinga... the asst is surely the man for the job in my mind. aldinga have improved undoubtly. was always going to be a danger game for the roos who still think theyre better than they r.

Who was the player VC ?
And why do they bother with him if he keeps doing it ?
jimbo
Mini-League

Postby VC » Thu May 31, 2007 2:57 pm

jimbo wrote:
VC wrote:for starters, the player in question walks out on footy round bout this time every season! or at least the past 2 or 3. and from wat i hear it was nothing to do with losing to aldinga... the asst is surely the man for the job in my mind. aldinga have improved undoubtly. was always going to be a danger game for the roos who still think theyre better than they r.

Who was the player VC ?
And why do they bother with him if he keeps doing it ?

hmm, dont really wanna drop names mate... was an absolute champion in his day though, still capable of good footy, and has been at the club forever... i guess thats why they persist with him.
VC
Under 16s

Postby jimbo » Thu May 31, 2007 3:25 pm

Fair enough VC, was just checking in case i knew the player.
jimbo
Mini-League

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Thu May 31, 2007 7:10 pm

I won't name him but lets just say he has a bold head and runs all day. VC, I think the assisstant coach has been given plenty of chances to step up to the plate but his track record ain't that flash, as i said before some people no matter how many games of footy they have played just can't coach. I agree that Aldinga have improved but the roos still should have won if not come closer than what they did.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Postby Insider » Thu May 31, 2007 8:27 pm

VC u a roo supporter or ex player??? Doesnt suprise me that the bald bloke has done it again!! how many times has he retired now LOL. Wat else is happening down at the dog track?? Saw Frahmy was named in Association side reckon he will get a game?? Wat position is he playing?
Insider
Rookie

Postby VC » Thu May 31, 2007 9:42 pm

i c ur point wheels, but i dont know if he has exactly had the greatest chances or the cavalry in his time... he went okay when he coached elsewhere.
dunno if frahmy will get a game insider, playing some awesome footy though (in the guts and across half back) has massively stepped up this yr after being appointed captain. good to see, great bloke.
VC
Under 16s

Postby Pieman » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:05 am

i think you'll find hocko kicked75 as a 18 year old with hibbard next to him in the goal square in a bottom side as a 18 year old
Pieman
Mini-League

Postby VC » Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:38 pm

Pieman wrote:i think you'll find hocko kicked75 as a 18 year old with hibbard next to him in the goal square in a bottom side as a 18 year old

followed the yr after by hibberd kicking 91, ( he would have only been 19) in a bottom side, and missing the last game of the yr in which morphies kicked 35 goals plus...
VC
Under 16s

Postby Pieman » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:15 am

oh and then burnt them by going to noarlunga.

has he picked up his tears from when he complained that no one kicks to him because hocko is in the team!!!

good player though hibbard i will admitt, is he still around?? shane pitt?? mark Knowles?? david spry??
Pieman
Mini-League

Postby dundee12 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:20 pm

hocko was a gun no doubt. but the team was twice the side they are now or have been in the last few years. hardly a bad side when he played. both good players splitting hairs. as for GH would like to see him coach a decent side .got the job last minute when THE BIGGEST JOKE IN FOOTBALL *name edited*quit because he knew the side would struggle. LOSER!
he finished 2nd with mintaroo and blaming the coach its nothing but a cop-out for the lose to aldibga. blame the players! But point taken though jury still out.
And head is head surely we saw this coming... shame to see 1 of the best ever players to wear the red and yellow finish off like he has
dundee12
Rookie

Postby dundee12 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 10:44 pm

seems they wont let me name names.in case any1 is confused he had long hair and played for collingwood. hes also the bloke who pays his workers about $400wk for 45hrs+ while he installs plasma televisons in his pool. but he puts a carton of beer on for them on fridays! super bloke!
dundee12
Rookie

Postby THE BARKING SPIDERS » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:32 pm

dundee12 wrote:seems they wont let me name names.in case any1 is confused he had long hair and played for collingwood. hes also the bloke who pays his workers about $400wk for 45hrs+ while he installs plasma televisons in his pool. but he puts a carton of beer on for them on fridays! super bloke!

its actually a carton of jim beam he puts on
THE BARKING SPIDERS
Under 16s

Postby Navy2005 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:54 am

There seem to be plenty of speculation over whether Morphy Park will head in the SAAFL next season anyone prepared to comment on that?
Navy2005
Under 16s

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:10 am

Navy2005 wrote:There seem to be plenty of speculation over whether Morphy Park will head in the SAAFL next season anyone prepared to comment on that?

Just waiting on edwardstown to join SFL and then we will slip into there div1 or div 2 spot in 2008 :lol: :lol: :lol:
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Postby Real McCoy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:17 am

Get of the grass Wheels & Deals !!!

Is it Gordon Hay's 400th game this weekend, if so where and what time.

Have also heard that the C Grade is folding this week ???????
Real McCoy
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL