SFL write ups in messenger

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

SFL write ups in messenger

Postby Reg Nessem » Wed May 28, 2008 12:46 pm

Howdy fellow SFL fans. Would just like to apologise for this week's report on a couple of the games in the Southern Times and Guardian Messengers, particularly the Morphett Vale/Aldinga game. Unfortunately the quarter time score supplied to the Messenger was incorrect and we went with that. On the surface it looked like it was a great effort by Aldinga to hold the Emus, then a bigger effort by the Emus to kick 15 goals in the second quarter. Alas, the reality didn't quite match the yarn. So I thought I'd ger in early before the paper/forum readers think that I have totally lost it (which could be close to the mark). Cheers all
Reg Nessem
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: SFL write ups in messenger

Postby Bag The Points » Wed May 28, 2008 3:58 pm

The problem's with the League ---- a severe doubt the figures even get checked. Just wack em in and send 'em to the journos any way they come out.
The Argus would have got caught out too. Might be lucky with the Shark figures because news of their inaccuracy came out on Monday (I think their deadline's Tuesday). Won't be surprised if they get the Reynella/Hawks quarters wrong though, because I've just found out the League figures of 21-14 for the Wineys at the last change was also about ten goals out !!! :shock: Makes it look like the Hawks held Reynella to just two in the third term.
You'll find that the Boot (which also relies on figures from the League) cops this frustration as well.
At midday Wednesday the website has one match completely missing from the B-Grade Premiership Table ---- good one again SFL --- Porties will be real impressed about that !!!! :evil:
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL