Mail Medal Prospects SFL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Mail Medal Prospects SFL

Postby lion heart » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:27 pm

anyone know who the invitees are this year??
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby The Lova » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:41 pm

lion heart wrote:anyone know who the invitees are this year??

The invites are usually posted to the clubs late this week early next week arent they?
Usually the top 6 from each grade are invited along with the leading goalkicker and any centurion goalkickers.

My invites would be

Vick
Johnstone
Moore
Bayly
top 4 are givens i reckon
after that its just guessing

Notebly people have backed 4 players from the top 5 sides. Surely someone from valley will be up there also theyve only lost 3 games. not sure who tho?
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby shoe boy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:08 pm

The Lova wrote:

The invites are usually posted to the clubs late this week early next week arent they?
Usually the top 6 from each grade are invited along with the leading goalkicker and any centurion goalkickers.

My invites would be

Vick
Johnstone
Moore
Bayly

Notebly people have backed 4 players from the top 5 sides. Surely someone from valley will be up there also theyve only lost 3 games. not sure who tho?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby The Lova » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:11 pm

shoe boy wrote:
The Lova wrote:

My invites would be

Vick
Johnstone
Moore
Bayly

I agree Shoeboy????? :lol:
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Postby shoe boy » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:26 pm

The Lova wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
The Lova wrote:

My invites would be

Vick
Johnstone
Moore
Bayly

Sorry louva but here goes again. HOT OF THE PRESS. 6 invites are given out and the clubs will receive them tomorrow.

ALDINGA-THEO KASTALIS?
Brighton TODD JONHSON
Cove-JOSH VICK
H/Valley- JARRED POMOROY
H/Valley-BEN SQUIRE
Reynella BEN MOORE
one of these are our medal winner good luck and apolagies for spelling
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby The Lova » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm

shoe boy wrote: Sorry louva but here goes again. HOT OF THE PRESS. 6 invites are given out and the clubs will receive them tomorrow.

ALDINGA-THEO KASTALIS?
Brighton TODD JONHSON
Cove-JOSH VICK
H/Valley- JARRED POMOROY
H/Valley-BEN SQUIRE
Reynella BEN MOORE

I picked it early. I mentioned noone was talking about Happy Valley and they have 2 invitees. I mite change my sign on to nostridamis.
noone from the emus is a surprise.
The Lova
Under 16s

Postby Swooper16 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:54 pm

I dont think so Lova. I dont think there has been a standout player for the emus this year. Actually struggling to think who will win our b&F. Probably Daniel Earl.

Only seen the Valley once this year but Squire was dominant in ruck. If he's played like that all yaer then he could be the smokey.
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Junior » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:00 pm

Here's a roughie, how about Ray-Zwar from Marion, seen his name in the best plenty of times, wouldn't think too many votes stolen as they don't have that many good players beside Bilney..
Junior
Rookie

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Cheese Twisties » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:03 pm

The Lova wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
The Lova wrote:

My invites would be

Vick
Johnstone
Moore
Bayly

Sorry louva but here goes again. HOT OF THE PRESS. 6 invites are given out and the clubs will receive them tomorrow.

ALDINGA-THEO KASTALIS?
Brighton TODD JONHSON
Cove-JOSH VICK
H/Valley- JARRED POMOROY
H/Valley-BEN SQUIRE
Reynella BEN MOORE

Aldinga -THEO KASTALIS - I assume this is the bloke they call Dot? I only saw him once and he was super quick, in some cases it looked like he could run quicker than he could think, but looks a flashy player and they poll votes. Probably not won enough games and not sure if the umps would know who he is early enough for him to get enough votes tho.
Brighton - TOD JOHNSTONE - Had a stellar year, but look for a very slow start as the Turtleneck wearers lost their first 5 games. Should poll very well for the rest of the season, and is Cheese Twisties tip for the medal. Can't think of too many of Brighton's up and coming team who could steal votes?
Cove - JOSH VICK - gun player and an umpires favourite as he has nearly won one of these before. In fact such an umpires fave that the clowns of officialdom we had on the weekend decreed it was illegal to tackle him... but that's another story. Been on the winning side all year and he is TJ's main rival IMO.
H/Valley - JARRED POMOROY - A past winner, but Happy Valley's dearth of posters on here and my inability to acquire the Sunday Mail mean I haven't heard much on how he has been going as he's fairly modest (and drunk) whenever I bump in to him (equally drunk).
H/Valley - BEN SQUIRES - smashed us when we played them, was also wearing a frightfully awful headband which could attract the umps attention. As above re: Happy Valley.
Reynella - BEN MOORE - The Ex-AFL rep means the umps know who he is, and the Reynella lads say he has been good this year. Rodney Fox reckons he plays his best footy out of the back pocket but id say he has also played in the guts a bit so he is a massive chance!

1 T Johnstone
2 J Vick
3 B Moore
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby The Lova » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:10 pm

Junior wrote:Here's a roughie, how about Ray-Zwar from Marion, seen his name in the best plenty of times, wouldn't think too many votes stolen as they don't have that many good players beside Bilney..

You have got to be kidding. If he won the mail medal. all past winners would surely give there medals back. :shock: :shock: :shock:
The Lova
Under 16s

Postby fly » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:14 am

[quote="Cheese Twisties"][quote="The Lova"][quote="shoe boy"][quote="The Lova"][quote="lion heart"]anyone know who the invitees are this year??

My invites would be

Vick
Johnstone
Moore
Bayly

Notebly people have backed 4 players from the top 5 sides. Surely someone from valley will be up there also theyve only lost 3 games. not sure who tho?[/quote][/quote]

I agree Shoeboy????? :lol:[/quote]

ALDINGA-THEO KASTALIS?
Brighton TODD JONHSON
Cove-JOSH VICK
H/Valley- JARRED POMOROY
H/Valley-BEN SQUIRE
Reynella BEN MOORE
one of these are our medal winner good luck and apolagies for spelling[/quote]
Aldinga -THEO KASTALIS - I assume this is the bloke they call Dot? I only saw him once and he was super quick, in some cases it looked like he could run quicker than he could think, but looks a flashy player and they poll votes. Probably not won enough games and not sure if the umps would know who he is early enough for him to get enough votes tho.
Brighton - TOD JOHNSTONE - Had a stellar year, but look for a very slow start as the Turtleneck wearers lost their first 5 games. Should poll very well for the rest of the season, and is Cheese Twisties tip for the medal. Can't think of too many of Brighton's up and coming team who could steal votes?
Cove - JOSH VICK - gun player and an umpires favourite as he has nearly won one of these before. In fact such an umpires fave that the clowns of officialdom we had on the weekend decreed it was illegal to tackle him... but that's another story. Been on the winning side all year and he is TJ's main rival IMO.
H/Valley - JARRED POMOROY - A past winner, but Happy Valley's dearth of posters on here and my inability to acquire the Sunday Mail mean I haven't heard much on how he has been going as he's fairly modest (and drunk) whenever I bump in to him (equally drunk).
H/Valley - BEN SQUIRES - smashed us when we played them, was also wearing a frightfully awful headband which could attract the umps attention. As above re: Happy Valley.
Reynella - BEN MOORE - The Ex-AFL rep means the umps know who he is, and the Reynella lads say he has been good this year. Rodney Fox reckons he plays his best footy out of the back pocket but id say he has also played in the guts a bit so he is a massive chance!

1 T Johnstone
2 J Vick
3 B Moore[/quote]

Ben Moore has not played in the back pocket at all this year are you serious Foxy :lol: :lol: :lol:
fly
Under 16s

Postby rodney fox » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:33 am

Swapping in the guts brainiac, with his speed and spot on skills he'd make a great change down there if he could be accountable enough. Thought I'd throw it out there you can bring it right back if you want..... :lol:
rodney fox
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby wineflyonthewall » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:14 pm

The Lova wrote:
Junior wrote:Here's a roughie, how about Ray-Zwar from Marion, seen his name in the best plenty of times, wouldn't think too many votes stolen as they don't have that many good players beside Bilney..

You have got to be kidding. If he won the mail medal. all past winners would surely give there medals back. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Brilliant call.
wineflyonthewall
Mini-League

Postby The Mexican » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:25 pm

This will be Vick's year...!!! Ray Zwar, shouldn't he have a cologne named after him...?? "Ray Zwar For Men" Bah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...
Viva La Raza..!!!
The Mexican
Under 18s

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:09 pm

Johnstone for mine. Umpires looked after him pretty well in the games I saw him play, which is normally a good indicator.

Taking nothing away from him as a player mind you, he would be a deserved winner.

As for Ray Zwar?? You should look at a career in stand up comedy. :roll:
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times

Postby t express » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:38 pm

ray zwar ppfffttt thats like saying biglands from aldinga and no you wont win biglands bottom 5 maybe :lol: !!

moore
johnstone
vick
t express
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby the big bang » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:00 pm

shrive
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:41 am

the_big_bang wrote:shrive

TBB The winner will come from the 6 invites who are.
COTSARIS ALDINGA
JOHNSTONE BRIGHTON
VICK COVE
POMOROY H/VALLEY
SQUIRE H/VALLEY
MOORE REYNELLA ](*,)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby know all » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:54 am

Tj has to be a big chance the only thing going against him is brighton dropped a few early and he might not of polled to many 3 and 2,where cove have been up and running all year so vick surely is the danger.Some one told me squires didnt play all year ....is that true?
know all
Rookie

Postby Down the Hill » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:12 pm

Bachmann won the medal in a side that won less than half its games and Pomeroy won last year with a 13-5 record so this should not affect Toddy J. Those 4 early season losses were all fairly small margins except for Anzac Day so he can still poll in several of those games. Bombers have won 12 of last 13 and Toddy could easily have got the 3 votes in 7 or 8 of those games. We also haven't had too many big day outs for goalkickers to catch the umps eye. Vick has to contend with the days that Ramsay and Reavill had big days in front of goal.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL