3 UMPIRES IN FINALS

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: 3 UMPIRES IN FINALS

Postby fly » Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:57 am

The 3 galagh's that officiated todays game were a disgrace to the SFL and if they are in the best 6 the leauge has that is a joke.Inconsistent average and diplorable 3 words sum up what we saw today!!!!!!!!!
fly
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby tatts » Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:52 am

fly wrote:The 3 galagh's that officiated todays game were a disgrace to the SFL and if they are in the best 6 the leauge has that is a joke.Inconsistent average and diplorable 3 words sum up what we saw today!!!!!!!!!

Those 3 words were they describing the umpires or Reynella ?
If the only reason you play is for a beer with your mates after the game,your playing for the wrong reasons !!
tatts
Rookie

Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby reppoh_eht » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:03 am

fly wrote:The 3 galagh's that officiated todays game were a disgrace to the SFL and if they are in the best 6 the leauge has that is a joke.Inconsistent average and diplorable 3 words sum up what we saw today!!!!!!!!!

Excuses, excuses, excuses... was the 3 words i was thinking of fly :wink:
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Mr Magoo » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:37 pm

fly wrote:
The 3 galagh's that officiated todays game were a disgrace to the SFL and if they are in the best 6 the leauge has that is a joke.Inconsistent average and diplorable 3 words sum up what we saw today!!!!!!!!!

Fly
Does that mean you LOST
Mr Magoo
Under 16s

Postby KEYDEFENDER » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:58 pm

Yep still cant belive 1 umpire saw a direct headbutt and let it go, then payed Reynella a free for a bomber retaliating..and to control the game after more scuffles broke out, gave the winies a 50m. Oh and repremanding kingy for putting his head in the way of butchers fist....
KEYDEFENDER
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby footy1992 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:43 pm

Word on the grapevine with finals upcoming in a deminishing number of weeks, the Umpiring panel has appointed 3 umpires to each game thiss weekend apart from under 14 games and a couple of "B" grade games. GSFL dont have any games this week so this will be the first week of the three umpire system being used this year, ready for the finals again.

Any other thoughts on the Three umpire system?
footy1992
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby MatteeG » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:26 am

Yep dont do it - 3 umps in the sfl is absolute overkill
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Kart Horse » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:30 am

They cant get it right with only 2! 3 just means more inconsistency with the decisions. I think the standard is getting worse this will make it show more!
Kart Horse
Rookie

Postby DILLIGAF » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:04 pm

had 3 in tha b grade today at bice bit of overkill for b grade could do with boundry.
On that note why do the league supply boundry for the u/18 game but not the b grade ??????
i dont get that
Does It Look Like I Give A F**k
SEE YA LATER!!!
DILLIGAF
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Courtney Fish » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:03 pm

DILLIGAF wrote:had 3 in tha b grade today at bice bit of overkill for b grade could do with boundry.
On that note why do the league supply boundry for the u/18 game but not the b grade ??????
i dont get that

Don't need it in the A's either, Christies had 21 on the field today what a disgrace. Even saw Flash Francis concede a Holding the ball decision against him, the umpy wasn't going to pay it. Surely with the numbers this week they could have given 2 half decent umpies instead of 3 crap ones.
Courtney Fish
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby footy1992 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:42 pm

DILLIGAF wrote:had 3 in tha b grade today at bice bit of overkill for b grade could do with boundry.
i dont get that

The theroy is that Under 18's is a better competition and is more important to the league. b grad is the last game to be filled by the panel.
footy1992
Under 16s

Postby footy1992 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:43 pm

Courtney Fish wrote:
i dont get that

Don't need it in the A's either, Christies had 21 on the field today what a disgrace. Even saw Flash Francis concede a Holding the ball decision against him, the umpy wasn't going to pay it. Surely with the numbers this week they could have given 2 half decent umpies instead of 3 crap ones.

Would that make you a lonsdale supporter then? im sure they only pay what they see, gotta give them ago, who is gonna do it other wise?
footy1992
Under 16s

Postby Farva » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:26 pm

one of the 3 umpires in the a grade said we dont pay holding the ball for diving on it in the sfl, the other umpires said we do absolute joke. This was the same umpire who paid two 50 meter penalties when we played morphies 2 weeks ago for players putting there arms out over the mark. How can a bloke umpire a grade if they dont know the rules. Christies are a good team and if they had a ruckman would really start to compete with the top 4.
Farva
Rookie

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby footy1992 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:28 pm

Farva wrote:one of the 3 umpires in the a grade said we dont pay holding the ball for diving on it in the sfl, the other umpires said we do absolute joke. This was the same umpire who paid two 50 meter penalties when we played morphies 2 weeks ago for players putting there arms out over the mark. How can a bloke umpire a grade if they dont know the rules. Christies are a good team and if they had a ruckman would really start to compete with the top 4.

i think you will find he is actually correct, i beleive the umpires panel have said they are not paying holding the ball as long as the player makes to attept to dispose of the football. another one of the league rules is that even if a player "ducks" and is stuck high he will be awarded with a free kick, unlike the afl once again. and i was at that game against morphies, and the player in both instances either jumper over the mark, not up and down as i heard him say, or grabbed the player after he marked it.
footy1992
Under 16s

Postby Farva » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:25 pm

Was on the field when the 50 was given against morphies for the arms going over the mark and saw and heard the umpires explanation, 15 meters from the umpire.
Farva
Rookie

Postby footy1992 » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:44 pm

Farva wrote:Was on the field when the 50 was given against morphies for the arms going over the mark and saw and heard the umpires explanation, 15 meters from the umpire.

im sure there it was there, umpires dont just pay 50 metre penalties for the hell of it lol. do u understand my explination of those rules?
footy1992
Under 16s

Postby Farva » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:47 pm

Mate the umpire even demonstrated what happened there was one for each team so am not complaining just wondering where they pull some of their shit from. Umpiring shouldn't be that hard, if you see a free kick pay it, if you don't see one it's play on. To many umpires pay a free kick when they think a player might have infringed. If you don't see it don't pay it. Don't guess, it just gets everyone frustrated from players to supporters.
Farva
Rookie

Postby Kart Horse » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:08 pm

Saw the first half of this match and dont support either side. Well The umpiring in the SFL is as bad as i have seen. Had real trouble understanding alot of decisions. Hands in the back were paid at 1 end but not the other! Lucky enough to hear 1 umpire say "You duck no free" well that goes against what was said earlier. Also heard " yes you were held onto but u played for it" Would have thought a hold is a hold.
Kart Horse
Rookie

Postby lion heart » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Kart Horse wrote:Saw the first half of this match and dont support either side. Well The umpiring in the SFL is as bad as i have seen. Had real trouble understanding alot of decisions. Hands in the back were paid at 1 end but not the other! Lucky enough to hear 1 umpire say "You duck no free" well that goes against what was said earlier. Also heard " yes you were held onto but u played for it" Would have thought a hold is a hold.

Publicly bagging umpires is not something i like doing but saturdays performance was an absolute disgrace and the WORST i have ever seen. Totally inconsistant with 3 umps apparently running from 3 separate rulebooks and alot of guesswork going on. I really hope the sfl dont run with 3 umps in finals because saturday was a total failure from what i saw.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby Kart Horse » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:46 pm

lion heart wrote:
Kart Horse wrote:Saw the first half of this match and dont support either side. Well The umpiring in the SFL is as bad as i have seen. Had real trouble understanding alot of decisions. Hands in the back were paid at 1 end but not the other! Lucky enough to hear 1 umpire say "You duck no free" well that goes against what was said earlier. Also heard " yes you were held onto but u played for it" Would have thought a hold is a hold.

Publicly bagging umpires is not something i like doing but saturdays performance was an absolute disgrace and the WORST i have ever seen. Totally inconsistant with 3 umps apparently running from 3 separate rulebooks and alot of guesswork going on. I really hope the sfl dont run with 3 umps in finals because saturday was a total failure from what i saw.

Just bumped into a Pt Noarlunga player who laughed and said they thought the umpiring in there game was pretty good. Then added they won the free kick count 30 to about 10. He was glad he was from porties because anyone else there would have an unbiased opinion and call it terrible umpiring! Sounds like tongue in cheek!
Kart Horse
Rookie

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL