COVE v WILLUNGA

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: COVE v WILLUNGA

Postby Deemu » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:37 pm

Bag The Points wrote:
DILLIGAF wrote:
Toughcall wrote:A new GSFL exec will be pushing for the Lovelock returned. In the meantime Willunga are proving the GSFL is the top competition and did it on the weekend embarassingly easy. No excuses it was a game between two premiers and SFLs premiers couldn't match it. It shows Willunga would dominate the SFL like it does the GSFL if it plyed in it.

doubt that mate they would make the finals but wouldnt dominate the league

Got to be joking Dilli, they'd more than make the finals. Think you'd find they'd be up where Morphett have been. Try "regular Grand Finalists".
I agree they wouldn't be a one team domination, but over the past half-decade they'd have been generally part of a two-team dominance with the Emus.

Agreed btp. I think i might know too just quietly.
Deemu
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: COVE v WILLUNGA

Postby Dazza44 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:15 am

As I remember hearing it, the demise of the Lovelock was pretty much just about petty politics - and as I understand it a lot of that was to do with the Junior age groups. At the time I thought it was pretty sad that the administrators in charge of running whole football leagues couldn't manage to negotiate a way to keep such a great competition going, and the longer it goes on with the SFL playing an absolute mickey mouse patch up comp just for the sake of having an inter-association hit-out the more I get angry that the Lovelock wasn't saved back then.

Having an inter-association competition is important, and it should be one of the highlights of the year ! And what better comp could there be than playing against the neighbouring leagues - in the same zone. In fact it probably should include the Kangaroo Island league !
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL