COVE v WILLUNGA

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: COVE v WILLUNGA

Postby Gooch112 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:43 pm

So how are Cove shaping up?
Talking to a few mates who play for them they've had a long hard preseason which is what you want and will put them im good stead for another great season in the SFL.
Weve had a strong turn out with numbers at the demons and preo has been intense too. Should make for a great game come 4 weeks!
Gooch112
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby Grape Ape » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:25 pm

Heard on the weekend that this game will have an SANFL league trial as a curtain raiser!
"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
Grape Ape
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:09 pm

Grape Ape wrote:Heard on the weekend that this game will have an SANFL league trial as a curtain raiser!

Likely to be the other way round --- Cove v. Willunga as the curtain-raiser
Last year Morphies v. Willunga was curtain-raiser to an AFL trial (think it was Port v. Freo)
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby BJ Ernest » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:33 pm

Bag The Points wrote:
Grape Ape wrote:Heard on the weekend that this game will have an SANFL league trial as a curtain raiser!

Likely to be the other way round --- Cove v. Willunga as the curtain-raiser
Last year Morphies v. Willunga was curtain-raiser to an AFL trial (think it was Port v. Freo)

BTP the game is scheduled for after the South v North trial. However i think we all know which game is more important ;)
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Been liked: 4 times

Postby ohh i dunno » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:10 am

should be a good game to watch too willunga's game against happy valley under lights should be good too. willunga is my tip in both game, i think cove might have a bit of a premiership hangover even during the season proper. big call i know but we will see!
ohh i dunno
Rookie

Postby BJ Ernest » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:57 pm

Both sides with successful first up trial games with Cove beating Noarlunga and Willunga knocking over Happy Valley!

I popped into watch the Cove on Saturday afternoon and they played a decent game of footy in tricky conditions. Heath just runs around doing as he pleases and has brilliant skills and will be one to watch. Bevan got plenty of footy and Hare on the wing looked sharp.

Looking forward to the game, weather conditions look to be favourable and if the Colonades doctor doesnt come in should be a great spectacle from 2 good sides!!
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Postby Gooch112 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:04 pm

Both teams will have players missing from last years sides but will still make for an exciting, hard game of footy! Hopefully the weather holds out and the crowd comes to support both sides coz theres been a big build up to this game and it will not dissappoint.

The demons looked very strong last week against happy valley even with 6-7 key players out of theyre line up, stand outs in that game were Brad Haskett, Mitch Portlock, Wes Glass off half back and Todd Steele at both ends of the ground.
From all reports, Cove also looked promising in stages of theyre trial game last week even with sum key players missing.
Great news come saturday arvo!
Gooch112
Rookie

Postby Kart Horse » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:10 pm

I just had a conversation with a bloke from Cove who informed me that a number of premiership players not playing sat. Names mentioned were Gill, reavill (not sure if 1 or both or which), Dutch,Ursino, Schimanski,Baker,Weederman, Bevan, Cameron and their new mid fielder recruit not sure on his name. Could be a blow out?
Kart Horse
Rookie

Postby BJ Ernest » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:07 am

Kart Horse wrote:I just had a conversation with a bloke from Cove who informed me that a number of premiership players not playing sat. Names mentioned were Gill, reavill (not sure if 1 or both or which), Dutch,Ursino, Schimanski,Baker,Weederman, Bevan, Cameron and their new mid fielder recruit not sure on his name. Could be a blow out?

I highly doubt it will be a blow out Kart Horse. I didnt see our side last night but we have a strong side playing and should put up a good performance.

Lets hope the game is as good as last years with the good guys getting up again in a close one ;)
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:33 am

BJ Ernest wrote:
Kart Horse wrote:I just had a conversation with a bloke from Cove who informed me that a number of premiership players not playing sat. Names mentioned were Gill, reavill (not sure if 1 or both or which), Dutch,Ursino, Schimanski,Baker,Weederman, Bevan, Cameron and their new mid fielder recruit not sure on his name. Could be a blow out?

I highly doubt it will be a blow out Kart Horse. I didnt see our side last night but we have a strong side playing and should put up a good performance.

Lets hope the game is as good as last years with the good guys getting up again in a close one ;)

And that the boundary umpire can throw straight, hey BJ??
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby BJ Ernest » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:42 am

Zelezny Chucks wrote:
BJ Ernest wrote:

And that the boundary umpire can throw straight, hey BJ??

Hopefully Bish has worked with ur boys this year to man up around the stoppages and not allow the runners to run through the contest especially at that time of the game ;)
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Postby oldskool » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:37 pm

So who one this game today boys
oldskool

Postby Gooch112 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:04 pm

Willunga won the game by about 11 goals in blowy conditions at Noarlunga Oval, cant expect much else from the weather gods down there!
M Portlock took out the best on ground medal for the demons and will add this one to his other stacked up silver at home. Also a very hot tip for the mail medal this year in my opinion!
Both sides faught very hard around the stoppages but Willunga had alot more height around the ground and used that to theyre advantage to keep a consistant lead over a well spirited Cove side.

Well done to both sides, and its clear they will both be strong once again as the year goes on!
Gooch112
Rookie

Postby shoe boy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:53 am

Did Cove have a few lads out?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Brock Landers » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:56 am

shoe boy wrote:Did Cove have a few lads out?

I heard they only had around 7 from last years premiership side playing. Not sure who.
Brock Landers
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby lion heart » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:58 pm

Brock Landers wrote:

I heard they only had around 7 from last years premiership side playing. Not sure who.

I know Coves number 1 priority will be winning the 2009 GF but its a little disappointing that they didnt field a stronger side on saturday. The reputation of the SFL is at stake !!!
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Kart Horse » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:07 pm

lion heart wrote:
Brock Landers wrote:

I know Coves number 1 priority will be winning the 2009 GF but its a little disappointing that they didnt field a stronger side on saturday. The reputation of the SFL is at stake !!!

They did have alot out but their A grade cricket side had and won their GF that day, plus clipsal and a number of injuries cant be helped and wouldnt have thought a major priority considering round 1 so close
Kart Horse
Rookie

Postby rodney fox » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:24 pm

It must be hard living in a town that wins every sporting grand final....

I'm with Lion Heart though the SFL needs to front up and win one of these games damn Willunga taking all the glory again, here's a thought maybe we should let the SFL runners up play that way they might take it serious to prove they are good enough? It can be the GSFL premiers Vs the almost SFL Premiers :lol:
rodney fox
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby shoe boy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:37 pm

Kart Horse wrote:
lion heart wrote:
Brock Landers wrote:

They did have alot out but their A grade cricket side had and won their GF that day, plus clipsal and a number of injuries cant be helped and wouldnt have thought a major priority considering round 1 so close

Kart horse they only have 1 that plays footy for them!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby DILLIGAF » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:42 pm

yeh they cant afford the others that play ie comer
Does It Look Like I Give A F**k
SEE YA LATER!!!
DILLIGAF
Under 16s