who is coaching osb/lonsdale

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Postby plays tall » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:02 pm

plays tall
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Re: who is coaching osb/lonsdale

Postby THE BARKING SPIDERS » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:30 pm

plays tall wrote:who is coaching osb/lonsdale

the big bang? shrive as captain
THE BARKING SPIDERS
Under 16s

Postby SSS » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:44 am

Who cares????????????
SSS

Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Sorry Dude » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:44 am

forum readers and writers, I heard through the grape vine that OSB are going to be folded for the 2009 SFL season. can anyone confirm??
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:41 am

As being a person from Hackham in recent years I would have thought you would have known how annoying it is when people go on public forums stating that your club is folding when it clearly is not. You may just be asking but I suggest if you want to find out if it is true or not p.m one of the Lonnie faithful on the forums rather than just typing something you heard at the Aussie Inn......It does not project a good image on the club within topic.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 741 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby the big bang » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:55 am

THE BARKING SPIDERS wrote:
plays tall wrote:who is coaching osb/lonsdale

the big bang? shrive as captain

you been reading my dreams again spider?
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby wineflyonthewall » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:25 am

whats an osb lonsdale??
wineflyonthewall
Mini-League

Postby heyyouinthebushes! » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:37 am

I can guarantee that osb lonsdale will be around in 2009 and for a long time to come, we are in a healthy state financially and have many new sponsors coming on board. We are still looking for a coach but should have one very soon.I would suggest that people disregard any rumours coming from the hackham people on this board. We will have juniors on saturdays this year and the club is moving forward.
heyyouinthebushes!

Postby the big bang » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:27 pm

wineflyonthewall wrote:whats an osb lonsdale??

are you for serious?

osb = o'sullivans beach.

osb/lonsdale is the result of a two team merger, those of course being O'Sullivans Beach and Lonsdale.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby Waterboy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:22 am

heyyouinthebushes! wrote:I can guarantee that osb lonsdale will be around in 2009 and for a long time to come, we are in a healthy state financially and have many new sponsors coming on board. We are still looking for a coach but should have one very soon.I would suggest that people disregard any rumours coming from the hackham people on this board. We will have juniors on saturdays this year and the club is moving forward.

What he said. OSB/Lonsdale are in a better financial state than they have been for many years. Next season there is a strong possibility of dual 6/7 teams, and maybe even dual 4/5 teams. The numbers are there for at least an under 16 side next year, and not far away from under 14s as well. As long as the juniors hang in there and don't listen to other clubs using the "your club is folding" rumours to try and entice them over Lonsdale will have gone from no junior/sub-junior teams 4 years ago to at least 5 and maybe 7 next season.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:13 am

Waterboy wrote:
heyyouinthebushes! wrote:I can guarantee that osb lonsdale will be around in 2009 and for a long time to come, we are in a healthy state financially and have many new sponsors coming on board. We are still looking for a coach but should have one very soon.I would suggest that people disregard any rumours coming from the hackham people on this board. We will have juniors on saturdays this year and the club is moving forward.

What he said. OSB/Lonsdale are in a better financial state than they have been for many years. Next season there is a strong possibility of dual 6/7 teams, and maybe even dual 4/5 teams. The numbers are there for at least an under 16 side next year, and not far away from under 14s as well. As long as the juniors hang in there and don't listen to other clubs using the "your club is folding" rumours to try and entice them over Lonsdale will have gone from no junior/sub-junior teams 4 years ago to at least 5 and maybe 7 next season.

That would be great to see WB but having been involved last year with the minis I find it hard to beleive as each time we played Lonsdale you struggled to put out half a side if that and most importantly the organisation was deplorable.
But time will tell and I do hope you can get organised!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Waterboy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:11 am

shoe boy wrote:
Waterboy wrote:

That would be great to see WB but having been involved last year with the minis I find it hard to beleive as each time we played Lonsdale you struggled to put out half a side if that and most importantly the organisation was deplorable.
But time will tell and I do hope you can get organised!!

Presumably you were involved with the 6/7s. Numbers this season in 6/7s were a little low, but they built up towards the end of the season and those kids who came out late have got a lot of their mates coming out next season. What about the organisation was deplorable?
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby jokerz » Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:09 am

why is it that a certain person goes on all the different posts and bags everybody, we all know who??? :wink:
Attachments
muppets.jpg
muppets.jpg (22.75 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
jokerz
Rookie

Postby cyclops » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:01 pm

When the hell are the lions going to choose a coach.
cyclops

Postby THE MOLE » Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:31 pm

jokerz wrote:why is it that a certain person goes on all the different posts and bags everybody, we all know who??? :wink:

I think this would be a more appropriate picture for the person you are talking about!
Attachments
fatbastardstanding_thumbnail.jpg
fatbastardstanding_thumbnail.jpg (2.44 KiB) Viewed 2406 times
THE MOLE
Under 18s

Postby jokerz » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:27 pm

The Mole you could be right there me thinks
jokerz
Rookie

Postby asert » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:25 pm

you guys got a coach yet. im starting to believe the folding rumours with how long its taking
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby the big bang » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:30 pm

hmmmmmm.......
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby The Girth » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:50 am

surely the players would be loosing faith in the club if they still havent named a coach and may start looking elsewhere for some stability at a new club
The Girth
Under 16s

Postby lion heart » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:29 pm

The Girth why should players lose faith in the club because we havent found a coach yet. The fact is we could have appointed a coach to appease the masses but we want to appoint the RIGHT coach. We cant afford the wrong decision and any talk of us folding is absolute rubbish.

We are well aware that your club (shoes) have approached a number of our players but the fact of the matter is we are confident of retaining them. To approach the odd player here or there is not a problem but to prey on the number of our players that you have is bordering on disgraceful but not surprising as you guys have a history of doing this sort of thing and are a major reason Hackham find themselves in the position they find themselves in today.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times