who is coaching osb/lonsdale

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: who is coaching osb/lonsdale

Postby shapes » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:19 am

lion heart wrote:
shapes wrote:Kane McIntyre still playing out there? Or have injuries stopped him.

Kane won our b&f last year (which is named in honour of his late father) and polled well in the mail medal. Absolute gun who plays for the lions for far less than he could get elsewhere. Always strugggles with injury and played through them last year cause we had so many off the park.

Well played. The old man was a gun.
shapes

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby nosering » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:23 am

can anyone fill me in on some past sullies juniors. sargood, loveridge, bodger, s.wilson, dean. whether they are still playing, what grade and how they are going.
nosering
Mini-League

Postby heyyouinthebushes! » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:31 am

all of those guys playing at lonsdale, s wilson is back doing pre season after a few years of not playing, loveridge played in wa last year and is now back, dean, bodger and sargood have never left, sargood is looking strong after a massive pre season at the boxing gym. All except wilson have played a lot of good a grade footballl and are now the backbone of our a grade team.
heyyouinthebushes!

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:27 pm

If Sargood emerges even stronger in 2009, look out !!!
(The boy can really play)
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby lion heart » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:44 pm

We really missed Sars and Rusty last year through injury, our best 3 running players (dean the other) missed most of 2008 season. The two guys im most impressed with this pre season though is the kempster brothers. First pre season they have done in years and if they can stay on the park the lions will move up the ladder.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby AFLflyer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:57 pm

Londsdale Lads,

I have never seen a dryer surface on any metro oval ever! Driving past today it looked dead!
it obviously has seen NO water all summer. Could it possible recover? It would have to effect this years playing surface and you couldn't possibly play any trials on it? or do you have some planned?
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby shoe boy » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:01 pm

AFLflyer wrote:Londsdale Lads,

I have never seen a dryer surface on any metro oval ever! Driving past today it looked dead!
it obviously has seen NO water all summer. Could it possible recover? It would have to effect this years playing surface and you couldn't possibly play any trials on it? or do you have some planned?

Who controls maintance of the oval???

With the close of the school has someone been on the ball with this situation??? Surley someone must as it was no secret of the school closer??
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby heyyouinthebushes! » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:48 pm

The education dept control the oval and have assured the club that the oval will be made playable within the next six weeks, apparently someone is coming to evaluate the oval and start the process on monday.
On a positive note how good do the new goal posts look, it might make it easier without bent posts.
heyyouinthebushes!

Postby Waterboy » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:15 pm

shoe boy wrote:

With the close of the school has someone been on the ball with this situation??? Surley someone must as it was no secret of the school closer??

The education department still maintain the oval. It is being watered, but with the way the pipes are laid the water allocation has to be spread over both the oval and the old soccer area.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby AFLflyer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:25 pm

heyyouinthebushes! wrote:The education dept control the oval and have assured the club that the oval will be made playable within the next six weeks, apparently someone is coming to evaluate the oval and start the process on monday.
On a positive note how good do the new goal posts look, it might make it easier without bent posts.

Actually when I saw the oval today, two guys were obviously checkiing it out , pointing etc. i reckon they were :shock: shitting themselves with the conditions. I can't see the oval improving in the near future!
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby AFLflyer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:25 pm

Waterboy wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

The education department still maintain the oval. It is being watered, but with the way the pipes are laid the water allocation has to be spread over both the oval and the old soccer area.

it must very minimal watering on the footy oval.
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby HH3 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:35 pm

Drove past last night and saw the new posts...but didnt really notice the condition of the oval. Last year when the minis carnival was on it was just mud so maybe if they water it about half as much as it was rained on then it could be half decent.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby lion heart » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:40 am

The oval is in terrible condition at the moment and i believe there is a problem with the irrigation but ive been told some serious work will be put into it over the next 2 months. The footy club has been fighting its way through red tape (typical government department) for the last year in regards to oval and finally seem to be getting somewhere.
Last edited by lion heart on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times

Postby AFLflyer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:01 am

hackham_hawk_3 wrote:Drove past last night and saw the new posts...but didnt really notice the condition of the oval. Last year when the minis carnival was on it was just mud so maybe if they water it about half as much as it was rained on then it could be half decent.

No offence HH, but you must be colour blind! :)
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby Sorry Dude » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:42 am

AFLflyer wrote:
hackham_hawk_3 wrote:Drove past last night and saw the new posts...but didnt really notice the condition of the oval. Last year when the minis carnival was on it was just mud so maybe if they water it about half as much as it was rained on then it could be half decent.

No offence HH, but you must be colour blind! :)

he is :roll: :lol:
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby nosering » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:40 pm

dont just pick on lonsdale, mate. i scooted my way past aldinga the other day, and it looked as dry as a nuns nasty. last time i saw lonsdales oval( about a week ago) there were still some green patches on it. aldingas was completely yellow. i'm sure there are a few more out there that are in pretty bad shape. you know, cause of the water shortage thing, and the drought we are in! :roll:
nosering
Mini-League

Postby the big bang » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:21 pm

yeh, been at Aldinga for 7 years now, and the oval is looking the worst i've ever seen it by far. chatting to a bloke on the commitee, who also just happens to be a big knob in the council, he said we are watering the oval the exact same amount (max allocation) as every previous year, so it's just the heat having an impact on it.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby AFLflyer » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:48 pm

nosering wrote:

dont just pick on lonsdale, mate. i scooted my way past aldinga the other day, and it looked as dry as a nuns nasty. last time i saw lonsdales oval( about a week ago) there were still some green patches on it. aldingas was completely yellow. i'm sure there are a few more out there that are in pretty bad shape. you know, cause of the water shortage thing, and the drought we are in! :roll:

well mate, i aint just picking on them, only mentioned it cause i drove past! can anyone post photo's of either ovals or any SFL oval for that matter. would be interesting to see a few different surfaces before pre-season gets underway!
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby zooman07 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:36 pm

lonsdale oval is the worst in the south...no atmosphere club rooms like the toilet in my house change rooms 1km from the oval.......average set up might aswell merge with the hawks, least they have juniors...
zooman07

Has liked: 2 times

Postby Waterboy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:55 pm

zooman07 wrote:lonsdale oval is the worst in the south...no atmosphere club rooms like the toilet in my house change rooms 1km from the oval.......average set up might aswell merge with the hawks, least they have juniors...

Yawn, rather disappointing effort at a troll really.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL