Struggle street - the bottom 8 of the SFL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Struggle street - the bottom 8 of the SFL

Postby Rex Banner » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:10 pm

shoe boy wrote:[.

Secondly, please explain to my which one of those "elite" teams is in danger of not making the 8 next year and the foreseeable future.

Pt Noarlunga! they do have juniours but they struggle to field a full side in all juniour sides each week and the depth is not to flash.
Also on a tangent one of their very good young lads took the money and ran???? any comments from Porties please as you must be p---d .[/quote]

Shoe boy, you continue to make a mockery of yourself everytime you post. "port noarlunga in danger of making the 8", porties missed out on the grand final by 2 kicks. As far as i know there are no 'outs' to the team. And as far as struggling to fill teams, the under 18's,16's and 14's had a full side on the ground every game, and you can quote me on that. i can guarantee you noarlunga will not make the 8 in 09.
Rex Banner
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby cyclops » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:40 am

Rex Banner wrote:

Secondly, please explain to my which one of those "elite" teams is in danger of not making the 8 next year and the foreseeable future.

Pt Noarlunga! they do have juniours but they struggle to field a full side in all juniour sides each week and the depth is not to flash.
Also on a tangent one of their very good young lads took the money and ran???? any comments from Porties please as you must be p---d .

Shoe boy, you continue to make a mockery of yourself everytime you post. "port noarlunga in danger of making the 8", porties missed out on the grand final by 2 kicks. As far as i know there are no 'outs' to the team. And as far as struggling to fill teams, fthe under 18's,16's and 14's had a ull side on the ground every game, and you can quote me on that. i can guarantee you noarlunga will not make the 8 in 09.[/quote]

Not quite true mate,when my team played youre 16s yas didnt have a full team.
cyclops

Postby shoe boy » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:29 pm

Rex Banner wrote:

Also on a tangent one of their very good young lads took the money and ran???? any comments from Porties please as you must be p---d .

Shoe boy, you continue to make a mockery of yourself everytime you post. "port noarlunga in danger of making the 8", porties missed out on the grand final by 2 kicks. As far as i know there are no 'outs' to the team. And as far as struggling to fill teams, the under 18's,16's and 14's had a full side on the ground every game, and you can quote me on that. i can guarantee you noarlunga will not make the 8 in 09.[/quote]

Rexy Rexy dont be so presious if you read the post the reply was a responce to a post from EV of which club from the elite 7 inc E/town would miss the 8 in the forceable future and I responded that in MY opinion Pt Noarlunga are the most vunerable for my reasons that I posted I do not ask you to agree it is just my opinion!
As for we will not make the 8 in 09 thats your opinion and I respect it.
Now now now dont start posting crap about you" can quote me on that" in referance to your depth or lack of as I do know that each week you struggled to field sides in juniours. NOW QUOTE ME ON THAT and dont get hung up about it :)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:35 pm

Of the usual "Big Six" still currently outside the Eight (which is really now a "Big Seven" with Edwardstown amongst us)---
Port Noarlunga ---will make it (if I was a betting man I'd have a packet on it)
Cove ---- should make it, depending on the severity of the hangover (I can even see the Lions, who are known to be very competitive when at their best, shocking them if the Cobras are off their game at the time)
Happy Valley-- really in trouble from what I saw last week. Thought I'd see the Vikings inside the Eight by the end of last Saturday, but went home wondering if this was the least lethal Valley side of the past decade.

Of the current top eight most vulnerable now has to be Marion ---- Port poised to zoom straight past them very soon (like next round).
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Bully » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:09 pm

think it might be good for the league if one day the top/bottom of the ladder red...

TOP FOUR
Hackham
Aldinga
Morphetteville park
marion

BOTTOM FOUR ( not in any order )
Morphett vale
brighton
happy valley
cove
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:19 pm

It would be good for the League just to see Hackham winning
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby ohh i dunno » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:41 am

I know flagstaff this year was the first time they started with cash in the bank in years, there problem is that they are paying off the community facility which the council own and when its paid off they dont get it in the end seems a bit shit if you ask me. To add to this they get none of the bar takings which is deplorable. If they sort out this issue i would gaurantee that they would be in the top 8 each year. Vikings would have to be the richest club wouldnt they, there in the same boat as morphett vale alot of their players have left for coin. I rekon they would have one of the strongest team if they had all players back.
ohh i dunno
Rookie

Postby special » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:50 pm

Bag The Points wrote:It would be good for the League just to see Hackham winning

give me a couple of reason why a or how this will happen(with out powerball) why would a ex league player or a current top grade player go to hackam what can the offer a footballer at the moment
special
Rookie

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:02 pm

special wrote:
Bag The Points wrote:It would be good for the League just to see Hackham winning

give me a couple of reason why a or how this will happen(with out powerball) why would a ex league player or a current top grade player go to hackam what can the offer a footballer at the moment

Morphettville Park followed up a two win season and many a 40 - 50 goal drubbing, by making the finals last year, even knocking off Reynella and this year are well on their way to repeating the effort with a much harder draw. Sure, they are very unlikely to contend for the title, but atleast their A grade are respectable. This all seemingly happened without colts or winning the powerball. Sure the two clubs are quite different, but Hackham do have a full compliment of juniors and did win $10k.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby the observer » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:29 am

A big difference between thoe Hackhams and MVP and that is $$$$$$$ Mvp are all out to try and go somewhere and its costing the club plenty something they cannot maintain for long and what position will the club finish when the $ drys up (Aldinga fine example) Hackham are trying to form a base with juniors and putting resources into them. They need to attract senior players to help and the attraction is not there as yet but the admiration is. I would sooner be part of a footy club that finishes last but has some respect than finishing 5th 6th or there and sends the club broke and has a suspect future.
the observer
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:36 pm

the observer wrote:A big difference between thoe Hackhams and MVP and that is $$$$$$$ Mvp are all out to try and go somewhere and its costing the club plenty something they cannot maintain for long and what position will the club finish when the $ drys up (Aldinga fine example) Hackham are trying to form a base with juniors and putting resources into them. They need to attract senior players to help and the attraction is not there as yet but the admiration is. I would sooner be part of a footy club that finishes last but has some respect than finishing 5th 6th or there and sends the club broke and has a suspect future.

Too true about the juniors, but I'm told by several people MPV are running firmly in the black. Maybe by running a successful senior team, they might start to attract more players and finally convert one of their u/13's teams into u/14's one day?
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Sorry Dude » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:13 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
the observer wrote:A big difference between thoe Hackhams and MVP and that is $$$$$$$ Mvp are all out to try and go somewhere and its costing the club plenty something they cannot maintain for long and what position will the club finish when the $ drys up (Aldinga fine example) Hackham are trying to form a base with juniors and putting resources into them. They need to attract senior players to help and the attraction is not there as yet but the admiration is. I would sooner be part of a footy club that finishes last but has some respect than finishing 5th 6th or there and sends the club broke and has a suspect future.

Too true about the juniors, but I'm told by several people MPV are running firmly in the black. Maybe by running a successful senior team, they might start to attract more players and finally convert one of their u/13's teams into u/14's one day?

lets hope all clubs can start attracting what they need and get the SFL back to a powerhouse league.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Pigsy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:56 am

When is the SFL going to break into two Divs again?
"Desire is a trap. Lustful desire makes pigs of people, and slaves of pigs."
Pigsy

Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Waterboy » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:11 am

Pigsy wrote:When is the SFL going to break into two Divs again?

Clubs have been asked to give feedback to the league on a number of issues. One of which is the format of the competition. The options are basically stay as is, split into 2 zones (north-south) or split into 2 divisions.
Waterboy
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby rodney fox » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:23 am

Bit rough their observer, Aldinga struggling this year has nothing to do with running out of money. Aldinga has taken a new culture with a new coach and has had enough of paying/ wasting money on players who wil not hang around.

Agree with your post though it is definately not the way to breed sucess by trying to buy a squad and shows in the ones that do.
rodney fox
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby the back pocket » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:04 pm

Have been reading lots of stuff about Morphie Parks and all the negatives that we should not be in the league with no juniors, spending big bucks and so forth and so on.

Here is what i know.Roughly 8 years ago we started a junior programme and it will take time for those kids to reach under 14's and older. We don't have the luxury of the clubs down south woh have multiple schools in their areas and brighton have several schools near them as well.

Yes they may be spending $$$$$ each year but are not in debt (the bar turns over 150k a year)and they are trying to create a sucsessful culture and make sure these kids will have a club to play for in the future.

Their juniors are playing in another league to develope them (when you are getting thumped every week it is hard to keep them interested in playing).

Hopefully this will shed some light on their situation and people from might stop bagging them and let them get on with things and hopefully in the next few years they will see the benifits.
the back pocket
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby DILLIGAF » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:08 pm

we will keep bagging morphy parks till ya get a decent jumper
Does It Look Like I Give A F**k
SEE YA LATER!!!
DILLIGAF
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:36 pm

DILLIGAF wrote:we will keep bagging morphy parks till ya get a decent jumper

at least we won't need an away jumper. I don't think we will clash with anyones
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Kart Horse » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:10 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:

Not sure about that plenty of red in that like cove?
Kart Horse
Rookie

Postby Axle Rose » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:17 pm

WHEELS&DEALS wrote:

No you probably dont clash with any other teams but cant the league find another colour for the umpires to wear when you guys are playing. Hang on, thats right, they were actually on your side on the weekend.
Axle Rose
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL