Ins and Outs SFL

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Ins and Outs SFL

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:38 pm

asert wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:
asert wrote:The players mentioned only 1 has played at flaggies in the past 8-10 years. The other only played about 5 mins in the GF and contributed maybe a possession! The presedent has been at cove over 10 years! They all seem to be cove people to me!

There would be a couple of flaggies players that would play in the cove a grade. Unless cove have lost a few players i think cooke could well play a fair time in the b grade.

be a pretty hollow victory for him. is he proud of it or does he leave out that he didnt earn it. it wouldnt mean much to me id rather lose a gf and contribute than have a medal around my neck that i didnt help win

Worst post ever.

Even Mail Medal winners have gone missing in GF's but ask them what's most important in the GF and team victory is all that matters.

so you would rather sit on the pine the entire grand final zc and hang that medal proudly. you know its not the same as a mail medallist going missing cos he is the main reason they are there in the first place. i had a bad game in the gf a few years back but im still prouder than being insignifigant[/quote]

Knowing 20 of my good mates had achieved what they set out to do 8 or 9 months earlier would far, far outweigh the disappointment of a bad game.

You give any good club man a choice between being best on ground in a losing GF and not getting a touch in a winning GF and you'll realise it wouldn't even be a choice.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby asert » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm

your twisting it zc from not getting a touch to not getting on the ground and yeah id love my mates to win a gf but but id be devo within myself not being a part of it.
asert
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:55 pm

Size got on the ground??
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby stampy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:38 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:Ok then, would anyone currently signed at Flaggies make the best 21 at Cove??

Whats your thoughts ZC? :-?

Honestly I don't think there is. A few have potential in the future but at the moment they would not be in the Cobras best 21.

seeing i have full confidence in zc's observations i rest my case!, some may call it a silly, stupid or whatever, the cold hard facts are that the emus and cobras are miles ahead of flaggies, christies and lonsdale for example - and i mean miles ahead, so dont get upset fellas, the comp is ridiculously lopsided simple as that
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby stampy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:41 pm

ohh i dunno wrote:
poohbear wrote:
petoe wrote:
stampy wrote:would anyone from the bushpigs get an A grade game at cove?

Well actually yes, I think you will find 4 of the A Grade premiership team are origionally from the bushpigs juniors and or seniors. K. Ursino, D.Taylor, A.Platten and M.Size.

Not to mention their hard working president who guided the club into a southern force over the last couple of years is ex flaggy.

Quality comment stampy!

ha excellent petoe. Stampy = Silly

Some people should really do some homework before they open their incompetent mouths!

mate if you are refering to me, what homework would you like me to do........look at last years results? ffs i have an interest in this comp, open your eyes please
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 334 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby asert » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:50 pm

stampy wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:
reppoh_eht wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:Ok then, would anyone currently signed at Flaggies make the best 21 at Cove??

Whats your thoughts ZC? :-?

Honestly I don't think there is. A few have potential in the future but at the moment they would not be in the Cobras best 21.

seeing i have full confidence in zc's observations i rest my case!, some may call it a silly, stupid or whatever, the cold hard facts are that the emus and cobras are miles ahead of flaggies, christies and lonsdale for example - and i mean miles ahead, so dont get upset fellas, the comp is ridiculously lopsided simple as that

as i said ignorant. i dont think you are that far ahead that not one would make it. lets see if any make association then
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby ohh i dunno » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:16 am

Zelezny Chucks wrote:
asert wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:
asert wrote:The players mentioned only 1 has played at flaggies in the past 8-10 years. The other only played about 5 mins in the GF and contributed maybe a possession! The presedent has been at cove over 10 years! They all seem to be cove people to me!

There would be a couple of flaggies players that would play in the cove a grade. Unless cove have lost a few players i think cooke could well play a fair time in the b grade.

be a pretty hollow victory for him. is he proud of it or does he leave out that he didnt earn it. it wouldnt mean much to me id rather lose a gf and contribute than have a medal around my neck that i didnt help win

Worst post ever.

Even Mail Medal winners have gone missing in GF's but ask them what's most important in the GF and team victory is all that matters.

so you would rather sit on the pine the entire grand final zc and hang that medal proudly. you know its not the same as a mail medallist going missing cos he is the main reason they are there in the first place. i had a bad game in the gf a few years back but im still prouder than being insignifigant

Knowing 20 of my good mates had achieved what they set out to do 8 or 9 months earlier would far, far outweigh the disappointment of a bad game.

You give any good club man a choice between being best on ground in a losing GF and not getting a touch in a winning GF and you'll realise it wouldn't even be a choice.[/quote]

Come on guys some of these post are terrible, I know size personally and hes a good bloke, but i dont really rate him as a player, but seriously of course he would of wanted more game time any player would of, and as course he doesnt feel as apart of the team as 1 of the other players that got more time to that game but 21 players have to be selected and the boys for cove would of made him and every1 at the club apart of the premiership.

For me its about the journey and not the finishing line for me..
ohh i dunno
Rookie

Postby asert » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:02 am

did he help them get there and it was just the grand final he ddnt get on the ground. as said my words keep getting twisted but it is pretty arrogant to be saying cove are sfl all stars and that another up and coming team who have made finals the last few years arent too far away with an amazing bunch of young talent. im estimating we will prob finish 1 spot behind reynella so does that mean reynella dont have any that would slot in either cos cove are so amazing cos they didnt choke for one year out of how many
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby AFLflyer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:33 am

asert wrote:did he help them get there and it was just the grand final he ddnt get on the ground. as said my words keep getting twisted but it is pretty arrogant to be saying cove are sfl all stars and that another up and coming team who have made finals the last few years arent too far away with an amazing bunch of young talent. im estimating we will prob finish 1 spot behind reynella so does that mean reynella dont have any that would slot in either cos cove are so amazing cos they didnt choke for one year out of how many

I dont think that is a very good argument Asert, lets say you do finish one spot behind Reynella and RFC smash you again in a final (it was nearly 20 goal thrashing in 08) the gap really is alot bigger than that one or two spots. Therefore RFC would be a much closer standard to Cove than Flaggies would be to Cove. Im not bagging Flaggies, but they are just the facts, as people have said on here many times, the gap between the clubs is too big and this hurts the SFL as a competition period.
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby BJ Ernest » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:50 am

Whether you play the whole game or 5 minutes ur a premiership player FOREVER. Noone can take that away from you!

Ur impact on the game may be limited, whether you play a bad game or the coach doesnt get you on the ground doesnt matter, u were picked in the 21 for an A grade GF and won against a 4 time premiership side. I would say Size however good or bad he is you cant discredit him, the bloke was good enough to be in the best 21 at the best club on GF day.

Very selfish to worry about ur own performance so much on the day when you need the biggest TEAM performance!
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby The Yetti » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:13 am

There would be a couple of flaggies players that would play in the cove a grade. Unless cove have lost a few players i think cooke could well play a fair time in the b grade.[/quote]
be a pretty hollow victory for him. is he proud of it or does he leave out that he didnt earn it. it wouldnt mean much to me id rather lose a gf and contribute than have a medal around my neck that i didnt help win[/quote]

Worst post ever.

Even Mail Medal winners have gone missing in GF's but ask them what's most important in the GF and team victory is all that matters.[/quote]
so you would rather sit on the pine the entire grand final zc and hang that medal proudly. you know its not the same as a mail medallist going missing cos he is the main reason they are there in the first place. i had a bad game in the gf a few years back but im still prouder than being insignifigant[/quote]

You give any good club man a choice between being best on ground in a losing GF and not getting a touch in a winning GF and you'll realise it wouldn't even be a choice.[/quote]

Come on guys some of these post are terrible, I know size personally and hes a good bloke, but i dont really rate him as a player, but seriously of course he would of wanted more game time any player would of, and as course he doesnt feel as apart of the team as 1 of the other players that got more time to that game but 21 players have to be selected and the boys for cove would of made him and every1 at the club apart of the premiership.

For me its about the journey and not the finishing line for me..[/quote]

I would have thought it is all about the TEAMS result, not what any particular players time on the ground, or their stats were
SO MANY IDIOTS
SO FEW BULLETS
The Yetti
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby rodney fox » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:16 am

You could just ask Bj, I'm pretty sure he stole the BOG medal off of me in under 16's winning grandy, but I didn't mind :axe: lol
rodney fox
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:11 am

rodney fox wrote:You could just ask Bj, I'm pretty sure he stole the BOG medal off of me in under 16's winning grandy, but I didn't mind :axe: lol

HA! My name was already engraved on that medal till Portlock got hold of it...
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:22 am

BJ Ernest wrote:Whether you play the whole game or 5 minutes ur a premiership player FOREVER. Noone can take that away from you!

Ur impact on the game may be limited, whether you play a bad game or the coach doesnt get you on the ground doesnt matter, u were picked in the 21 for an A grade GF and won against a 4 time premiership side. I would say Size however good or bad he is you cant discredit him, the bloke was good enough to be in the best 21 at the best club on GF day.

Very selfish to worry about ur own performance so much on the day when you need the biggest TEAM performance!

Spot on BJ.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby BJ Ernest » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:26 am

Zelezny Chucks wrote:
rodney fox wrote:You could just ask Bj, I'm pretty sure he stole the BOG medal off of me in under 16's winning grandy, but I didn't mind :axe: lol

ZC could u be a little more transparent about who Foxy was talking about? Im still unsure of who he meant :lol:

Credit where credits due tho he was good that day ;)
BJ Ernest
League - Best 21

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby asert » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:49 am

all meant was id be a bit devo and failing to mention any finer details. a premiership would be awesome but for instance you get dropped from the a's and play in the b grade grand final and win would it mean as much to you that you didnt get them there. sure youd be stoked for your team but you wouldnt rate yourself

i dont think reynella will be 20 goals away this year flyer
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:51 am

BJ Ernest wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:

ZC could u be a little more transparent about who Foxy was talking about? Im still unsure of who he meant :lol:

Credit where credits due tho he was good that day ;)

Sorry BJ, but I'm still LIVID after all these years...

You know it's only personal glory and accolades that I'm after.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby AFLflyer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:17 am

asert wrote:all meant was id be a bit devo and failing to mention any finer details. a premiership would be awesome but for instance you get dropped from the a's and play in the b grade grand final and win would it mean as much to you that you didnt get them there. sure youd be stoked for your team but you wouldnt rate yourself

i dont think reynella will be 20 goals away this year flyer

yeah hopefully not for the competitions sake! we need to bridge the gap.
i agree with your comments about the premiership!
no one can disagree its all about flags in footy!
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby AFLflyer » Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:27 pm

BTW -

ZC, is that you in your avatar? whats with that?? javelin? you'd have to update after the 1K posts, surely!
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:33 pm

AFLflyer wrote:BTW -

ZC, is that you in your avatar? whats with that?? javelin? you'd have to update after the 1K posts, surely!

No it's not.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL