The Southern Boot

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

The Southern Boot

Postby Patrol » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:00 am

Anybody know if The Southern Boot is going to continue in 09 rumour was its been retired
Patrol

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Re: The Southern Boot

Postby hereforthebeer » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:22 am

i hope it doesn't we dont have one in the gsfl and it is one thing i miss about the sfl, i dont know how good it has been in the last few years etc but it was good when we last played in the sfl.
who ever thought of the saying winning isn't everything, probably lost!!
hereforthebeer
Under 18s

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:59 pm

I think BTP is in the know in regards to the Southern Boot he might know?
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Bag The Points » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:28 pm

Definitely continuing. There will not be a "Boot" covering the two "catch-up" games scheduled for March, but from first full round on April 4th, it will be in full swing.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby rodney fox » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:09 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Definitely continuing. There will not be a "Boot" covering the two "catch-up" games scheduled for March, but from first full round on April 4th, it will be in full swing.

That's gret news I was also unsure if it was continuing. Grae McKinnon does a great job with that and doesn't get enough recognition considering how much effort he puts into it. Good work Grae.
rodney fox
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby asert » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:49 pm

dont they say that every year about it wont be continuing but then you rock up rd 1 and get asked if you want one. its good for the game id pay a bit extra to make it continue
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:52 pm

asert wrote:dont they say that every year about it wont be continuing but then you rock up rd 1 and get asked if you want one. its good for the game id pay a bit extra to make it continue

I suspect it is a ploy to get someone, anyone, of their ars*es to take over the job, or at least help.
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:53 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
asert wrote:dont they say that every year about it wont be continuing but then you rock up rd 1 and get asked if you want one. its good for the game id pay a bit extra to make it continue

I suspect it is a ploy to get someone, anyone, of their ars*es to take over the job, or at least help.

Was a doubt about its continuation at the end of 2008 because of editor's health concerns.
Still has long-delayed daily hospital treatment coming up which now looks like happening in March and April. This may still affect content of the earliest editions, but editor is determined no weeks will be lost.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby shoe boy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:09 pm

great to hear BTP.

I heard that the SFL were looking at an option beside the boot and at a delegates meeting a copy from the Hills?? was to be discussed?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:43 pm

All I heard was Hills budget was looked at to see if they could pick up any ideas in the event editor could not continue. Since then Editor has declared himself fit.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby shoe boy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:02 pm

Bag The Points wrote:All I heard was Hills budget was looked at to see if they could pick up any ideas in the event editor could not continue. Since then Editor has declared himself fit.

Great to hear :D
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby nosering » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:43 pm

rodney fox wrote:
Bag The Points wrote:Definitely continuing. There will not be a "Boot" covering the two "catch-up" games scheduled for March, but from first full round on April 4th, it will be in full swing.

That's gret news I was also unsure if it was continuing. Grae McKinnon does a great job with that and doesn't get enough recognition considering how much effort he puts into it. Good work Grae.

yup! :D
nosering
Mini-League

Postby footy1992 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:18 pm

I can tell you there will be a 20-20 footy boot for the four weeks of play at HVFC. Grae will be apart of the process.
footy1992
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Benchwarmer » Tue May 12, 2009 4:23 pm

Are you still able to get them in certain locations on Friday afternoon? I am in Adelaide later in the week for the first time in a number of years but I fly back home on the Saturday morning so I am hoping to snag a copy before I go back home.
Benchwarmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby Bag The Points » Wed May 13, 2009 2:56 pm

Benchwarmer wrote:Are you still able to get them in certain locations on Friday afternoon? I am in Adelaide later in the week for the first time in a number of years but I fly back home on the Saturday morning so I am hoping to snag a copy before I go back home.

Unfortunately the system does not allow that any more. Clubs have the responsibility for a certain amount of sales, so they are kept out of shops to give clubs the best chance of selling their quota.
I may be able to arrange something for you this week. I'll PM you.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Benchwarmer » Mon May 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Grae is still doing a great job with the Boot - we met up on Friday and I was able to get a couple of Boot's from this year and one from last year's Grand Final.

The WA Amateurs don't have a programme (just a set of team lists for one week a year, which is called a "Grand Final Budget"), so we are not blessed with having such an informative read as this week in and week out, which is a shame.

Keep up the good work, Grae and may the Boot continue for many years to come!
Benchwarmer
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby Patrol » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:50 pm

Can anyone explain why the Boot has'nt supplied the Sunday teams into the Boot, we were told at the end of May all grades would be put in. I recently asked our Co-orindator what was going and he said he was placing all teams for Sat & Sun in. The last 2 editions have only had coves 14's & 16's in what about the rest. I know Grae dose a good job in publishing the boot, but there are some kids out there that would like to see their names in this great boot. Keep up the good work Grae :D ;)
Patrol

Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Patrol wrote:Can anyone explain why the Boot has'nt supplied the Sunday teams into the Boot, we were told at the end of May all grades would be put in. I recently asked our Co-orindator what was going and he said he was placing all teams for Sat & Sun in. The last 2 editions have only had coves 14's & 16's in what about the rest. I know Grae dose a good job in publishing the boot, but there are some kids out there that would like to see their names in this great boot. Keep up the good work Grae :D ;)

Boot hasn't seen them as yet.
If they were put in for the first time last week, problem would have been in a message from SFL that didn't get to the Reynella Club in time.
Editor had huge problems with internet all last week. By Thursday morning League was asked to let clubs know to send sides into SFL office. Editor had to collect them Friday morning, but Reynella's sides were not amongst them. Obviously the message had not got through.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Bag The Points » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:03 pm

Further on Sunday sides printed in the Boot ----
Unlike other grades these are only printed when supplied.
Because of time restraints and the fact that "The Boot" is rarely at Sunday games, sides are printed only if requested (i.e. they are supplied).
This is the case for both C's and Sunday Colts.
The Boot will print any that are supplied
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:27 pm

I went to watch Willunga play Mclaren on Sunday and after asking the lad at the gate found out they dont have a record or as we call it the Boot.

This is something we take for granted so when you go to the footy grab one as the revenue raised goes to improvements and upkeeping.

Keep up the great work Grae :-bd
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL