Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:38 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
ball breaker wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:HV A grade coach has quit - should be interesting AGM tomorrow night
Is that 4 or 5 coaches in last 5 years?
Shooooot ............ please tell more ....

Good turn out 140-150 apparently. Went pretty smooth from all reports


150 at an AGM, find that very hard to believe.
shoe boy wrote: to expose the soft underbelly of the Bushpig

morell wrote:Yes you are correct
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 36649
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 794 times
Been liked: 1351 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Southern Football League

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:39 am

Dutchy wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
ball breaker wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:HV A grade coach has quit - should be interesting AGM tomorrow night
Is that 4 or 5 coaches in last 5 years?
Shooooot ............ please tell more ....

Good turn out 140-150 apparently. Went pretty smooth from all reports


150 at an AGM, find that very hard to believe.

i didn't do a head count, just passing on what i heard
I can, I will, I must!!!
User avatar
woodublieve12
Coach
 
Posts: 13874
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:48 pm
Has liked: 2278 times
Been liked: 1736 times

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Dutchy » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:52 am

Fair enough, even if there is unrest then getting 150 to an AGM shows there are plenty of people that care about the club which can only be a positive.
shoe boy wrote: to expose the soft underbelly of the Bushpig

morell wrote:Yes you are correct
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 36649
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 794 times
Been liked: 1351 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:15 am

I have images of an angry mob led by Front and Centre with half a blue face descending on the club from the BMX pocket.
User avatar
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1058
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 3:36 pm
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 163 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Front & Centre » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:53 am

Dutchy wrote:Fair enough, even if there is unrest then getting 150 to an AGM shows there are plenty of people that care about the club which can only be a positive.


Standing room only and you are correct Dutchy. Plenty of people still care about our club and even a few surprise turnouts from those who have had conflict with the club previously.
Front & Centre
Rookie
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:49 am
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Pag » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:57 pm

Front & Centre wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Fair enough, even if there is unrest then getting 150 to an AGM shows there are plenty of people that care about the club which can only be a positive.


Standing room only and you are correct Dutchy. Plenty of people still care about our club and even a few surprise turnouts from those who have had conflict with the club previously.

150 people to an AGM is unheard of! Regardless of any issues Valleys have they clearly have a massive following. We could only dream for a number like that.
User avatar
Pag
Assistant Coach
 
Posts: 4899
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:57 pm
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 325 times

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Dirty dog » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Pag wrote:
Front & Centre wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Fair enough, even if there is unrest then getting 150 to an AGM shows there are plenty of people that care about the club which can only be a positive.


Standing room only and you are correct Dutchy. Plenty of people still care about our club and even a few surprise turnouts from those who have had conflict with the club previously.

150 people to an AGM is unheard of! Regardless of any issues Valleys have they clearly have a massive following. We could only dream for a number like that.

Must have been free beer, 25 at ours 3 weeks ago. If we combined the last 10 years it still wouldn’t total 150.
Dirty dog
Rookie
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:42 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Re: Southern Football League

Postby ol man emu » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:45 am

reppoh_eht wrote:
ol man emu wrote:
scottroo wrote:
Luke15 wrote:The SFL is toast!! Have a look at the list of names linked with leaving the Comp so far.

McCreery x2, Young, Hughes, N.Mott, Vandermeer, Raitt, Heatley, Bennetts, Portlock, McEntee, and we are only in November

I wonder whether the SFL board still think there is nothing wrong


Which Bennett’s is leaving MV? Tyrone or Keegan?


Neither.
Keegan is done due to injurys.
Tyrone is keen to go around again body permitting.


Any early news out of the MV camp ol man? Any recruits or another long year ahead?


Last year wasn't long. 16 games and no finals. Very short year.
Yes we are talking to a few players.
EMUS? the rock stars of the outback.
emus are berserk. they run fast, playhard,
and to be honest, we admire their insanity.
ol man emu
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 352
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:54 pm
Location: Flying the flags
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Front & Centre » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Apparently at Happy Valley the Events Coordinator is a more important role than the Football Director. This role or at least the person in this role has been added to the Executive Committee.
This is further proof that people in charge are not listening
In a time where they are still without an A grade coach and the last 2 left because of interference from the Executive Committee
Front & Centre
Rookie
 
Posts: 213
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:49 am
Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Acc0988 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Footy director wasn't on the executive committee last year either, whats your problem F&C? if you are not happy put your hand up instead of just grumbling from the sidelines or leave the club, pretty simple really
Acc0988
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:28 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Kangarilla

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Acc0988 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:21 pm

not sure if the process is the same at valleys but don't the whole committee vote on who goes on the executive committee?
Acc0988
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:28 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Kangarilla

Re: Southern Football League

Postby shoe boy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:03 pm

Acc0988 wrote:not sure if the process is the same at valleys but don't the whole committee vote on who goes on the executive committee?


I would of thought the members vote the committee , thus the executive who would have a 2 or 3 year tenure .

An executive would consist of "Chairperson" (President) V/President , Secretary and Treasurer .

My thoughts ?
User avatar
shoe boy
Veteran
 
 
Posts: 3954
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:58 pm
Has liked: 251 times
Been liked: 156 times

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Acc0988 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:08 pm

pretty sure the previous president had the events and merchandise person on the exec with the pres, VP, secretary and treasurer? care to confirm F & C?
Acc0988
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:28 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Kangarilla

Re: Southern Football League

Postby jake the snake » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:44 pm

Ellison and Farrelly gone from reynella. They’ve lost some talent over the last few weeks
jake the snake
Rookie
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:24 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Animus » Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:13 pm

Looks like 1/4 of the premiership side have signed elsewhere already
Animus
Under 16s
 
Posts: 445
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:48 pm
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: Southern Football League

Postby reppoh_eht » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:54 pm

Animus wrote:Looks like 1/4 of the premiership side have signed elsewhere already


Not quite Animus. But always going to lose a few when clubs keep offering what they are.

Feel as though the undefeated B Grade and C Grade Premiers should hold us in good stead for depth though.

Any SFL Clubs able to land any big (or even small) fish at this stage? All I'm seeing on the clearances and Facebook is movements going to the other way :? (D. Webb the exception 8) )
reppoh_eht
Under 16s
 
Posts: 372
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:24 pm
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 26 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests