Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby vics01 » Thu May 05, 2022 9:02 pm

I should say if supporters are upset they should ask their presidents why they supported this decision by the League.. Although the SFL board are past their use by date the presidents have a lot to answer for with not asking questions about the reasons behind decision. A savvy club would be looking to the ADFL for future survival
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Dinglinga75 » Mon May 09, 2022 12:49 pm

Guess the saying goes

The fish rots from the head.

Yet no one contests to be part of the SFL board
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Tiger83 » Mon May 09, 2022 5:01 pm

Dinglinga75 wrote:Guess the saying goes

The fish rots from the head.
Yet no one contests to be part of the SFL board

Just out of interest, how is the SFL board selected? Is it selected from the pool of each clubs delegate, or is it separate?
It’s never really advertised so I wonder if people from club land (without roles already) knew how to get involved, they might put their hat into the ring.

I would imagine it’s a big time commitment so best suited to people who are flexible with work or are semi retired?? Be interesting to hear coz it always seems to just be the same people on the board..
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby WHYCANTIKICK » Wed May 11, 2022 9:48 am

If the southern league was to fold could the Adelaide football league accommodate all the clubs? Is there any other options for clubs. I would think Aldinga for example would not be strong enough for great southern. Would Noarlunga consider great southern?
WHYCANTIKICK
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Wedgie » Wed May 11, 2022 2:15 pm

WHYCANTIKICK wrote:If the southern league was to fold could the Adelaide football league accommodate all the clubs? Is there any other options for clubs. I would think Aldinga for example would not be strong enough for great southern. Would Noarlunga consider great southern?

Surely the Shoes would consider it,, their cricket club already plays in Great Southern.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3893 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby cracka » Wed May 11, 2022 4:35 pm

Wedgie wrote:
WHYCANTIKICK wrote:If the southern league was to fold could the Adelaide football league accommodate all the clubs? Is there any other options for clubs. I would think Aldinga for example would not be strong enough for great southern. Would Noarlunga consider great southern?

Surely the Shoes would consider it,, their cricket club already plays in Great Southern.

I would think a GSFL club would have to fold before that will happen. They have a nice 10 team football/netball comp going down there
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby shoe boy » Mon May 23, 2022 8:19 am

Why no result in Bgrade M/Vale v Cove or Nlg v Aldinga ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby The Hound » Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:58 am

How has the standard been over the first rounds?

If the activity (or lack of) on this forum is an indication is the SFL, heading in the same way as the SCA?
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Dinglinga75 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:04 pm

If the SFL folded .. how would the committee still feel relevant and important ...

as they say the fish rots from the head
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Demon fan » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:58 am

I was under the impression that the SFL administers the rules/guidelines put in place by the clubs delegates, they don’t rule with an iron fist and say this is the way it’s going to be. EG Clubs wanted Lonsdale and the like out of the comp “to improve the standard” now we have a bye and other clubs have filled in the bottom of the ladder surprise surprise
Some questions should be asked at club level - Has your club had a delegate at each meeting, why has your club voted for this rule change etc etc.
I know that the SFL asked clubs about having filming of A grade games, most clubs said NO - hence why there isn’t any. ADFL has all A grades filmed, just that alone would assist development of players and umpires, improve the standard overall.
The issue isn’t so much the outdated SFL board it comes back to how committed clubs are about the overall competition, instead they are only looking at it from their clubs point of view.
Do I think changes need to happen absolutely, is it the SFL responsibility only to a degree it’s the clubs that need to demand more, it’s the clubs that need to improve the league with the assistance of the SFL administration.
Demon fan
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby Divers » Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:05 pm

Dinglinga75 wrote:If the SFL folded .. how would the committee still feel relevant and important ...

as they say the fish rots from the head

Was Chatting to some mates at flaggies at our recent home game and my mind was blown how they have treated volunteers in recent times with a complete refusal to follow there own bylaws and in doing so it is hurting clubs and numbere to help, complete rabble
Divers

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby MatteeG » Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:20 am

Decent win by Flaggies on the weekend to give the flies their first defeat. Looks to be wide open this year, the Shoes have quality all over the park but Morphies/Flaggies/Flies all look capable on their day.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:15 am

Would it be too much to have an accurate A and B grade tables correct?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby MatteeG » Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:21 am

shoe boy wrote:Would it be too much to have an accurate A and B grade tables correct?

Gee Whiz, stop expecting miracles SB...
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:30 pm

shoe boy wrote:Would it be too much to have an accurate A and B grade tables correct?

:-?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Divers » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:06 pm

HahahahahHAha

Brought to you by the same boofheads that have 2 u17.5's having a bye each round, here we are in July this weekend and some teams have had 8 games for the year ffs, go over South Rd to McLaren or Willyunga and you will get another month of footy where do you reckon they are going to play????? Kids just wanna play footy
Divers

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Dazza44 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:29 pm

shoe boy wrote:

Just wondering what you see is incorrect in the tables SB ?? Haven't looked super closely at them, and all I can see is the always-annoying use of the Victorian "ratio" instead of the correct Percentage as we in SA have always used ....
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:44 pm

Dazza44 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Just wondering what you see is incorrect in the tables SB ?? Haven't looked super closely at them, and all I can see is the always-annoying use of the Victorian "ratio" instead of the correct Percentage as we in SA have always used ....

Add 1 point to Noarlunga and remove 1 from M/Vale plus percentage at an average of round 2
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby King » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:38 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Dazza44 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Add 1 point to Noarlunga and remove 1 from M/Vale plus percentage at an average of round 2

Clearly I must have missed something as the ladders look correct viz a viz points / win / loss. Why is a 1 point correction required?
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby shoe boy » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:44 pm

Just wondering what you see is incorrect in the tables SB ?? Haven't looked super closely at them, and all I can see is the always-annoying use of the Victorian "ratio" instead of the correct Percentage as we in SA have always used ....[/quote]

Add 1 point to Noarlunga and remove 1 from M/Vale plus percentage at an average of round 2[/quote]

Clearly I must have missed something as the ladders look correct viz a viz points / win / loss. Why is a 1 point correction required?[/quote]

The round 2 game v M/Vale was ruled a covid forfeit.
This has been decided one point each club with percentage at average of round 2.
How long does it take!!!!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL