Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby shoe boy » Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:45 pm

Just wondering what you see is incorrect in the tables SB ?? Haven't looked super closely at them, and all I can see is the always-annoying use of the Victorian "ratio" instead of the correct Percentage as we in SA have always used ....[/quote]

Add 1 point to Noarlunga and remove 1 from M/Vale plus percentage at an average of round 2[/quote]

Clearly I must have missed something as the ladders look correct viz a viz points / win / loss. Why is a 1 point correction required?[/quote]

The round 2 game v M/Vale was ruled a covid forfeit.
This has been decided one point each club with percentage at average of round 2.
How long does it take!!!!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby King » Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:21 pm

shoe boy wrote:Just wondering what you see is incorrect in the tables SB ?? Haven't looked super closely at them, and all I can see is the always-annoying use of the Victorian "ratio" instead of the correct Percentage as we in SA have always used ....

Add 1 point to Noarlunga and remove 1 from M/Vale plus percentage at an average of round 2[/quote]

Clearly I must have missed something as the ladders look correct viz a viz points / win / loss. Why is a 1 point correction required?[/quote]

This has been decided one point each club with percentage at average of round 2.
How long does it take!!!!![/quote]

Thanks for the explanation, which is staggering to say the least. Every club in the league ( and all other leagues) has had to deal with, and manage, Covid over the past 3 years. The only club in the SFL that has failed the Covid test so far is the Shoes and they are now rewarded for their incompetence!
Was this another secret decision made behind the closed doors of the SFL?
Of more concern, the precedent is now set.
Last round before the finals, if you're two points ahead, or on equal points, of your direct opponent, just call a covid forfeit and you will finish in front of that opponent. Think finals, final placings etc. Can of worms is opened!
As a side issue I would like to hear some Emu opinions on this total farce.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dazza44 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:15 pm

shoe boy wrote:Just wondering what you see is incorrect in the tables SB ?? Haven't looked super closely at them, and all I can see is the always-annoying use of the Victorian "ratio" instead of the correct Percentage as we in SA have always used ....

I wasn't aware of that decision, the last I saw it was deemed a forfeit as shown in the ladders.
If that was the decision then I agree that the ladder should have been adjusted immediately. Simply not fair to spring a surprise (to everyone other than NFC) adjustment late in the season.
Seems there's a distinct lack of transparency here ....
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:50 am

Thanks for the explanation, which is staggering to say the least. Every club in the league ( and all other leagues) has had to deal with, and manage, Covid over the past 3 years. The only club in the SFL that has failed the Covid test so far is the Shoes and they are now rewarded for their incompetence!
Was this another secret decision made behind the closed doors of the SFL?
Of more concern, the precedent is now set.
Last round before the finals, if you're two points ahead, or on equal points, of your direct opponent, just call a covid forfeit and you will finish in front of that opponent. Think finals, final placings etc. Can of worms is opened!
As a side issue I would like to hear some Emu opinions on this total farce.[/quote]

I believe standard practice "COVID",
Incompetence please
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:10 am

Interesting that you would wait until after the return fixture played at your home ground to bring it up. Bit late this year but if COVID drags out then any away games forfeited in the first half of the season should be swapped to the ground of the team missing a home game earlier in the season.

As for the rules, I think most know they don't really apply to Noarlunga so who knows what the league has told them. All clubs have had to deal with COVID and it is only the $hoe$ that weren't able to front up despite having 3 senior grades. Can't say I am shocked.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby shoe boy » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:58 am

Zelezny Chucks wrote:Interesting that you would wait until after the return fixture played at your home ground to bring it up. Bit late this year but if COVID drags out then any away games forfeited in the first half of the season should be swapped to the ground of the team missing a home game earlier in the season.

As for the rules, I think most know they don't really apply to Noarlunga so who knows what the league has told them. All clubs have had to deal with COVID and it is only the $hoe$ that weren't able to front up despite having 3 senior grades. Can't say I am shocked.

For your info, the ruling has been raised from round 2 with all parties.
We don't make the rules.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby King » Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:27 am

shoe boy wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:Interesting that you would wait until after the return fixture played at your home ground to bring it up. Bit late this year but if COVID drags out then any away games forfeited in the first half of the season should be swapped to the ground of the team missing a home game earlier in the season.

For your info, the ruling has been raised from round 2 with all parties.
We don't make the rules.

Hey SB, there appears to be some confusion over this whole issue. I spoke to the powers that be at Flaggy last night and they confirmed that the matter went before the SFL Board but the Board decided to leave the position as is i.e. points 2 / 0.
Perhaps that's why the ladders have not been adjusted.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:08 am

Hey SB, there appears to be some confusion over this whole issue. I spoke to the powers that be at Flaggy last night and they confirmed that the matter went before the SFL Board but the Board decided to leave the position as is i.e. points 2 / 0.
Perhaps that's why the ladders have not been adjusted.[/quote]

Not correct.
I feel that little man at the SFL just hasn't done his job.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:53 am

shoe boy wrote:Hey SB, there appears to be some confusion over this whole issue. I spoke to the powers that be at Flaggy last night and they confirmed that the matter went before the SFL Board but the Board decided to leave the position as is i.e. points 2 / 0.

Not correct.
I feel that little man at the SFL just hasn't done his job.[/quote]

OK after discussion over the wend I can confirm the current ladder is correct and the decision making process has been a circus.

Play on.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:54 pm

shoe boy wrote:
shoe boy wrote:Hey SB, there appears to be some confusion over this whole issue. I spoke to the powers that be at Flaggy last night and they confirmed that the matter went before the SFL Board but the Board decided to leave the position as is i.e. points 2 / 0.

Not correct.
I feel that little man at the SFL just hasn't done his job.

OK after discussion over the wend I can confirm the current ladder is correct and the decision making process has been a circus.

Play on.[/quote]

Commiserations on not getting your way for once. Just remember, just because you think something doesn't make it so.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby shoe boy » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:33 pm

Play on.[/quote]

Commiserations on not getting your way for once. Just remember, just because you think something doesn't make it so.[/quote]

Nothing to do with getting or not getting our way!
We have been instructed through this process from those that make decisions, happy it has been finally resolved.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby cracka » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:52 pm

Can you c**** learn how to quote. Takes me way too long to work out who wrote what. :lol:
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Dinglinga75 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:38 pm

SFL investigates allegations a Flagstaff Football Club player was targeted in a weekend game
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/sou ... 71c21c652d

The Southern Football League is investigating allegations a Flagstaff Hill Football Club player was targeted by racial abuse at a weekend match.
A witness who did not want to be named told The Advertiser the incident happened at the C-grade round 12 Flagstaff Hill home game against the Morphett Vale Football Club.

She said a racial and homophobic slur was used to “demoralise” a young Flagstaff Hill player, who The Advertiser understands is of Lebanese descent.

The witness said league games can become physically heated but the Morphett Vale team seemed to be targeting one player in particular.

“It was just before three-quarter time, there was a bit of an altercation,” she said.

“A call had been made by the umpire to turn the ball back to Flagstaff Hill and the captain of Morphett Vale wasn’t happy about it.

The Advertiser has chosen not to repeat the alleged slurs at this time.

She said the victim’s teammate responded aggressively, calling the alleged opposition player racist.

A second altercation allegedly broke out after the final siren.

The woman said it was horrific to hear about the abuse.

“That language is absolutely despicable,” she said.

“The fact that he specifically went after him with a racial slur and with a homophobic slur is horrible.

“You could tell that they were really upset by the comments.”

The Southern Football League’s president Craig Warman said he was making calls on Monday morning about what happened at the game.

“I have spoken to both clubs and awaiting their response,” Mr Warman said on Monday.

“We have a zero-tolerance policy in relation to this sort of incident and I will await their responses to ascertain what action needs to be taken in line with this policy.”

The witness said the SFL should make reporting of such incidents easier for victims.

She hoped the player alleged to have made the slurs would be banned for the remainder of the season.

Morphett Vale Football Club president Michelle Glazbrook said she was aware of “some incidents involving players pushing and shoving which ended in our team being awarded free kicks”.

“I will say that we as a club strongly condemn racism or discriminating comments and behaviours.

“If this incident has in fact taken place we will work together with the Flagstaff Hill Football Club and the SFL to see that we achieve the correct outcome.”

The Flagstagff Hill Football Club was approached for comment.

It comes two years after an inquiry into an incident which saw Indigenous players from Port Noarlunga Football Club subjected to racial taunts at a match against Flagstaff Hill.

While an investigation could not determine the identities of those responsible for the abuse which happened in August 2020, the SFL warned the Flagstaff Hill Falcons any repeated racism would result in sanctions.
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Divers » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:58 pm

Morphies protect3d spiecies?
Divers

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Dinglinga75 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:31 pm

SFL Committee - The standard you walk past is the standard you accept

No action will be taken over allegations a Flagstaff Hill Football Club player was targeted in racial abuse at a game but the Southern Football League is putting clubs on notice.

A witness who did not want to be named told The Advertiser the incident happened at the C-grade round 10 Morphett Vale Football Club home game against the Flagstaff Hill Falcons.

She said a racial and homophobic slur was used to “demoralise” a young Flagstaff Hill player, at the Sunday match, who The Advertiser understands is of Lebanese descent.

The Southern Football League’s president Craig Warman told The Advertiser on Wednesday that no official complains had been filed so no action could be taken.

Mr Warman said he would be contacting both clubs alleged to be involved in the incident the league’s stance on racism and abuse.

“I will be sending an email to all clubs reminding them of our zero tolerance policy,” Mr Warman said.

The witness told The Advertiser the alleged abuse happened towards the end of the game.

“It was just before three-quarter time, there was a bit of an altercation,” she said.

“A call had been made by the umpire to turn the ball back to Flagstaff Hill and the captain of Morphett Vale wasn’t happy about it.

The Advertiser has chosen not to repeat the alleged slurs at this time.

She said the victim’s teammate responded aggressively, calling the alleged opposition player racist.

A second altercation allegedly broke out after the final siren.

The woman said it was horrific to hear about the abuse.

“That language is absolutely despicable,” she said.

“The fact that he specifically went after him with a racial slur and with a homophobic slur is horrible.

“You could tell that they were really upset by the comments.”

On Monday, Mr Warman said: “We have a zero-tolerance policy in relation to this sort of incident and I will await their responses to ascertain what action needs to be taken in line with this policy.”

The witness said the SFL should make reporting of such incidents easier for victims.

She hoped the player alleged to have made the slurs would be banned for the remainder of the season.

Morphett Vale Football Club president Michelle Glazbrook said she was aware of “some incidents involving players pushing and shoving which ended in our team being awarded free kicks”.

“I will say that we as a club strongly condemn racism or discriminating comments and behaviours.

“If this incident has in fact taken place we will work together with the Flagstaff Hill Football Club and the SFL to see that we achieve the correct outcome.”

The Flagstaff Hill Football Club was approached for comment.

It comes two years after an inquiry into an incident which saw Indigenous players from Port Noarlunga Football Club subjected to racial taunts at a match against Flagstaff Hill.

While an investigation could not determine the identities of those responsible for the abuse which happened in August 2020, the SFL warned the Flagstaff Hill Falcons any repeated racism would result in sanctions.
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby wenchbarwer » Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:17 pm

Warman and his cronies are so embarrassingly incompetent. Time for the SANFL Commission to earn it's money and sweep out the rubbish that's been building up in the SFL head office
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 286 times
Been liked: 82 times

Postby Divers » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:11 pm

Piss ******* week SFL

Homophobic and racist allegations = play on, we now know fully what behavoour the league accepts
Divers

Postby vics01 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:19 pm

Piss ******* week SFL

Homophobic and racist allegations = play on, we now know fully what behavoour the league accepts

Warman and his cronies are so embarrassingly incompetent. Time for the SANFL Commission to earn it's money and sweep out the rubbish that's been building up in the SFL head office

Wrong heritage
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Divers » Fri Jul 08, 2022 10:09 pm

Another farcical period coming up in the u17S with byes everywhere, porties lads only have 4 more games for the season ffs, flaggies play 1 game in the next 5 weeks :roll: :roll: :roll:
Divers

Postby tigerpie » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:30 pm

Reynella losing at home today against the emus was a bit of a shock result.

Only kicked 4 points after halftime.

Good result for morphies though.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL