Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:00 pm

heater31 wrote:
cracka wrote:Saw on facebook that the Cove BMX & other sporting clubs at the complex were vandalised last night. Things getting nasty if true.
Or opportunistic wankers....

Probably Soccer club hooligans
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Afterthesiren » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:49 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
MW wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Judging by the media release there would still be footy played at the ground next year. Just none by the Senior Men.... So the witch hunt to replace them with Soccer seems a bit unfounded at this stage as otherwise the whole club would have been turfed. It’s an enormous statement to make by directly targeting the Senior Men’s sides.

My info is it is not related to the Soccer whatsoever although the Soccer club are not disappointed that this has happened as it opens up a big opportunity for them.

Post from the Cove FC shows they are strong supporters of it

Cove.jpg

"I do not want the Council to overturn their decision..."

Rather ironic if my info is correct that the councillor representing the ward covering the Community Club is also on the SOCCER CLUBS COMMITTEE

Dont know about you LGIG but I was more than impressed by the turnout last night , but by the same token a tad dissapointed that you and I appeared to be the only reps from rival clubs showing support for them despite TK acknowledging the many messages he had received from across the SFL COMMUNITY

What would the surname of that councillor be Oldman Munga?
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Divers » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:14 pm

Baz quit at the shoe is the word
Divers

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby shoe boy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:14 am

Barry Pilmore last night announced his retirement from coaching at the Noarlunga Football Club ,On behalf of the club I would like to take the opportunity to thank Baz for his dedication and development of our senior / junior squads over the past four years and wish him and Jenny all the best for the future .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby MatteeG » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:48 am

shoe boy wrote:Barry Pilmore last night announced his retirement from coaching at the Noarlunga Football Club ,On behalf of the club I would like to take the opportunity to thank Baz for his dedication and development of our senior / junior squads over the past four years and wish him and Jenny all the best for the future .

Legend of local footy. Well done Barry.

Thewlis to take over Shoe Boy? Playing Coach?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dutchy » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:54 pm

Noarlunga coach Barry Pilmore quits following Southern Football League 2019 grand final loss
Gordon Armstrong, The Messenger

Shoes’ shot at perfect season falls short on grand final day

Southern Football League Hall of Famer Barry Pilmore has quit as Noarlunga coach after four years at the helm.

Pilmore, 59, and in his third stint as Shoes’ boss, made the decision following an upset 33-point grand final defeat to Flagstaff Hill last month.

Noarlunga was unbeaten until the decider but was able to celebrate Nicholas Mott’s back-to-back Mail Medals, a B-grade flag and joint B-grade medallists.

He made at least the preliminary final each campaign in his recent stint including another losing grand final in 2017 – also to the Falcons.

Barry Pilmore’s four years in charge in his third stint at Noarlunga included two losing grand finals.

Pilmore said the time was right to have a break from football and spend more time with wife Jenny.

“Maybe when I think about it I went a year too long but I just love being involved,’’ Pilmore said.

“The (grand final) loss was crushing and as coach you are paid to get results. We had a good year but didn’t get the prize.

“You put in the time and effort and sometimes you don’t get the fairytale. It’s time to let someone younger have a go.

“I plan to travel and go cruising with Jenny but who knows she might tell me to get back into footy.

“You never say never but it’s time for a rest now.’’

Noarlunga president Mark Anderson said Pilmore’s departure was “a huge loss’’.

“We are very disappointed to lose Barry,’’ Anderson said.

“As a bloke and a coach he’s the best.

“From a personal viewpoint it is going to be tough and is a really huge loss for our club.

“Barry and me grew up as seven year olds living one street apart in Moana and played our junior footy at Noarlunga and then seniors before Barry coached and played in other places.

“Barry’s record speaks for itself. I think the grand final loss affected him more than we could understand.

“The A grade just had one bad day in an excellent season. And Flagstaff Hill is a great club. We always felt they were the ones to chase.

“They had won three (flags) in a row so were always going to be hard to beat.

“We hope Barry can take some time out and refresh and hopefully will see him at games next season.’’

Pilmore was held in such a high regard in both the SFL and Great Southern Football League that the associations play for the Pilmore Cup which is played annually on the June long weekend.

He was at the helm of six Willunga GSFL premierships between 2004 and 2009 and also coached Reynella.

Anderson said the club currently was interviewing candidates and would make an announcement soon on Pilmore's replacement.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby KegLeg » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:45 pm

shoe boy wrote:Barry Pilmore last night announced his retirement from coaching at the Noarlunga Football Club ,On behalf of the club I would like to take the opportunity to thank Baz for his dedication and development of our senior / junior squads over the past four years and wish him and Jenny all the best for the future .

Retirement or sacked?
KegLeg
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Elliston

Postby mots02 » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:57 pm

KegLeg wrote:

Retirement or sacked?

Why would he be sacked?

Ignorant and / or fishing comment.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby KegLeg » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:44 am

mots02 wrote:
KegLeg wrote:

Retirement or sacked?

Why would he be sacked?

Ignorant and / or fishing comment.

No I’m genuinely interested. I know a few blokes from Noarlunga and they’ve been saying for a while Thewlis would be coach after this year. I wondered whether given the disappointing grand final result, and the money invested in both players and coach that hasn’t delivered the ultimate prize, whether Barry was asked to leave or whether it was his decision.
KegLeg
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Elliston

Postby shoe boy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:41 am

KegLeg wrote:

Retirement or sacked?

Barry's call .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby jet-airport » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:09 am

Rod Mitchell new Myponga Sellicks coach GSFL. Good get.
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:40 pm

Craig Austin new Reynella Wineflies coach!!! Has been at Reynella for 20+ Years. Good appointment??!
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:56 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:Craig Austin new Reynella Wineflies coach!!! Has been at Reynella for 20+ Years. Good appointment??!

Would have been $1.01 fav
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby reppoh_eht » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:33 pm

So that's one down... Who else still isn't locked in? Noarlunga and Chrisites?

Anyone from Cove care to comment on any updates the Club has received? Wonder how Crabb feels walking into this situation (which I assume he knew nothing about).
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:12 am

hollywood7477 wrote:Craig Austin new Reynella Wineflies coach!!! Has been at Reynella for 20+ Years. Good appointment??!

Didn't he work his way up, starting at the juniors level?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Off The Wall » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:32 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:So that's one down... Who else still isn't locked in? Noarlunga and Chrisites?

Christies locked in Darren Mason last night I believe
Off The Wall
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:57 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

yep from what i have read. i was coached by his brother Boyd in U17's back in the 90's. quality family
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:09 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

Senior A Grade and Club Coach Announcement

It is with great pleasure, Reynella would like to announce the appointment of Craig Austin as our 2020 A-Grade and Club coach.

Craig comes into the role with a great understanding of our Reynella culture, demonstrated successful development of our Junior players and an impressive list of coaching achievements over the last decade.

Craig is a long time Life Member of the Reynella Football Club and has always been a strong supporter of our Club. Both he and our Committee agree he is ready to take on this new challenge to see us back at the top end of the SFL ladder.

Some of Craig’s recent coaching achievements include:

2014 – Under 14 Premiership Coach

2015 and 2016 – Under 16 Premiership Coach

2017 – Under 18 Premiership Coach

2018 – Senior B Grade Coach and Assistant A Grade Coach

2019 – Assistant A Grade Coach

Throughout this period Craig has also coached SFL Junior teams at Association level in 2016 and 2017.

Please join us in welcoming Craig, Milly and their family for our journey into 2020 and beyond. The future is very bright as we now focus on turning the potential and opportunity of our young playing group into sustained success.

Dave Denyer

On behalf of the Reynella FC Executive Committee
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:58 am

Cove allowed back in, rumours that the council botched their investigation and had no other choice.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-16/ ... Om297-1a1o
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Tiger83 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:06 am

Dutchy wrote:Cove allowed back in, rumours that the council botched their investigation and had no other choice.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10-16/ ... Om297-1a1o

No mention in that article that the council missed anything or botched the investigation, but seems like a lot of Grey area in what the actual allegations are and if they can be substantiated!
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL