Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:42 am

jet-airport wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:HV played Christies U18s in a trial game Saturday - apparently there were some Christies people talking their team up as potential premiers before the game. HV won by 10 goals.

Mr Footy,

It's March mate!
"Its a marathon not a sprint" some bloke said that once and think he went all right as a coach..... 8) !
Thanks to CBFC for the opportunity.
Good "TRIAL" game played in the right spirit, ol Bice oval was a peach too, in great nick.

LGIL,
I Didn't stick around for the A's how did the scores end up?
How did the big PEZ dispenser Perrie and Welshy go for Padathway?

Jet Airport - yep your right it is March. You clearly missed my point and I am sure CB officials wouldnt be happy with supporters talking premierships at a trial game particularly in 18s which is I reckon the hardest bunch of lads to coach given my experience. Too many distractions for this age group to be predictable.

It's a marathon not a sprint - HV legend
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby finals fever » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:28 pm

An SFL club has been on a hit and run mission to the NT and signed 3 new recruits......
finals fever

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:38 pm

jet-airport wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:HV played Christies U18s in a trial game Saturday - apparently there were some Christies people talking their team up as potential premiers before the game. HV won by 10 goals.

Mr Footy,

It's March mate!
"Its a marathon not a sprint" some bloke said that once and think he went all right as a coach..... 8) !
Thanks to CBFC for the opportunity.
Good "TRIAL" game played in the right spirit, ol Bice oval was a peach too, in great nick.

LGIL,
I Didn't stick around for the A's how did the scores end up?
How did the big PEZ dispenser Perrie and Welshy go for Padathway?

Padthaway got up by 2 points in a great contest. Both Perrie & Welsh had some impact in good battles with the Christies defenders.
Was great game to watch and some excellent signs heading into this week's game against Morphett Vale.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby jet-airport » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:46 pm

finals fever wrote:An SFL club has been on a hit and run mission to the NT and signed 3 new recruits......

Wouldn't be the same club with 23 points would it?? :roll:
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Luke15 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:33 pm

jet-airport wrote:
finals fever wrote:An SFL club has been on a hit and run mission to the NT and signed 3 new recruits......

Yes it is the club with 23 points, who are also the club stopping an 18year old from playing footy because they are being pig headed. They want their cake and eat it too
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Blaze of Glory » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:09 pm

Seems like someone at Morphettville Park has been busy over the past few days getting all those clearences in!
Blaze of Glory
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Oldman Munga » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:46 pm

23 has been reduced to 19 and , if your going to take "pot shots " it helps to have your facts right
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:56 pm

Luke15 wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

Yes it is the club with 23 points, who are also the club stopping an 18year old from playing footy because they are being pig headed. They want their cake and eat it too

A bit dramatic there Luke15. No-one is stopping the lad from playing footy. It's just where he plays his footy seems to be the issue. Regardless of what points Noarlunga may or may not have, at least they are trying to recruit from outside our league. Hasn't always been their style.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 278 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:02 pm

Down the Hill wrote:
Luke15 wrote:
jet-airport wrote:

A bit dramatic there Luke15. No-one is stopping the lad from playing footy. It's just where he plays his footy seems to be the issue. Regardless of what points Noarlunga may or may not have, at least they are trying to recruit from outside our league. Hasn't always been their style.

Why should that matter? Do the SFL have different rules? I thought the only way you can be denied is if you haven't paid your subs?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby Keyser Soze » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:54 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:23 has been reduced to 19 and , if your going to take "pot shots " it helps to have your facts right

A team which has played finals for the last 4 years (and won 10 games in 2013) has more points than all teams who didn't play finals last year. :shock:
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Panther32 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:53 am

Keyser Soze wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:23 has been reduced to 19 and , if your going to take "pot shots " it helps to have your facts right

A team which has played finals for the last 4 years (and won 10 games in 2013) has more points than all teams who didn't play finals last year. :shock:

And finished 3rd in the B grade!
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby lion heart » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:21 am

Blaze of Glory wrote:Seems like someone at Morphettville Park has been busy over the past few days getting all those clearences in!

Rumour has it they have a few extra points to play with this year...
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby lion heart » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:24 am

Panther32 wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Also won 7 games in u18s.

Absolutely disgraceful decision by the SFL. Noarlunga are not to be blamed for one of the worst decisions in SFL history (and that is saying something). :evil: :oops:
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby Keyser Soze » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:04 pm

lion heart wrote:
Panther32 wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:

Absolutely disgraceful decision by the SFL. Noarlunga are not to be blamed for one of the worst decisions in SFL history (and that is saying something). :evil: :oops:

I agree absolutely disgraceful and you'd have to be pissed when some of these clubs only won a few games for the year but have less points. I'd imagine some of these sides will come close to using there allocated points each week and shouldn't have to restrict recruiting due to points, aren't we looking for a competitive league. It's not Noarlunga's fault they would have asked for 23 from the SFL but the CFL came back with 19.

The issue I have is as a governing body like the SFL, how can they allow this to happen when other clubs don't get the same or greater concessions? If they sent the CFL a recommendation for 23 points then other clubs should have at least been offered the same concessions.

Imagine an organisation like the AFL for example having concessions for some clubs and not others and the angst that would cause, oh wait, where's Buddy?
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Postby Keyser Soze » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:19 pm

Rant over let's get on with footy!

Brighton v Roos - Game of the round. Roos by 12 points.
Christies v Emus - Saints in an upset by 6 points.
Vikings v Lions - Vikings by 100 points.
Marion v Cove - Cove by 15 points
Shoes v Hawks - Hawks by 30 points
Flies v Flaggies - Flies by 70 points
Porties v Sharks - Porties by 125 points.
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
lion heart wrote:
Panther32 wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:A team which has played finals for the last 4 years (and won 10 games in 2013) has more points than all teams who didn't play finals last year. :shock:

I agree absolutely disgraceful and you'd have to be pissed when some of these clubs only won a few games for the year but have less points. I'd imagine some of these sides will come close to using there allocated points each week and shouldn't have to restrict recruiting due to points, aren't we looking for a competitive league. It's not Noarlunga's fault they would have asked for 23 from the SFL but the CFL came back with 19.

The issue I have is as a governing body like the SFL, how can they allow this to happen when other clubs don't get the same or greater concessions? If they sent the CFL a recommendation for 23 points then other clubs should have at least been offered the same concessions.

Imagine an organisation like the AFL for example having concessions for some clubs and not others and the angst that would cause, oh wait, where's Buddy?

All clubs had the opportunity to apply for additional points and I think only 4 did with Aldinga already having additional from what was approved last year.

If clubs further down didn't apply then obviously they didn't feel they needed them.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times

Postby mrp2626 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:39 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:Rant over let's get on with footy!

Interesting Choices the KS. Might has well give it a crack while I'm here.....Pretty similar, just some Margins different, but I Think our lads will get the Job done at home.

Brighton by 8pts
Christies by 19 pts
Vikings by 140pts
Cove by 32pts
Hawks by 17 pts
Reynella by 82 pts
Porties by 96 pts
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby beachy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Rant over let's get on with footy!

I'd say these may be pretty close to the money, overall some closer results then what we have seen in previous years.
beachy
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby lion heart » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:All clubs had the opportunity to apply for additional points and I think only 4 did with Aldinga already having additional from what was approved last year.

If clubs further down didn't apply then obviously they didn't feel they needed them.

Correct LGIL we only had 1 points players on Saturday and 4 x u18s so we were effectively -2 but that is not my argument. Why have a points system at all if there is a 100% success rate in applying for more points! Might as well abolish the system!

I have no problem whatsoever with Marion or Aldinga receiving extra points, Morphy Pk also had valid reasons at the time. Noarlunga, Edwardstown and Christies were all finalists last year and all these clubs also had strong reserves/u18s squads and did not need the points. They merely exploited the system because they knew they could! I have no issue with any of these clubs for doing so, but i do have an issue with SFL especially since 3 of our players have been contacted by clubs who have received these extra points!
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby shoe boy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:48 pm

Imagine an organisation like the AFL for example having concessions for some clubs and not others and the angst that would cause, oh wait, where's Buddy?[/quote]

Are you serious KS the AFL is the most rorted comp I know!
Just for the record Noarlunga did not request 23 points or any number just a review!
We played Victor in a trial on the w/end and that side was worth zero points!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL