Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby shoe boy » Mon May 06, 2019 8:12 am

TheAce wrote:Organisation surely ? Nine teams, no ANZAC Day game, poor crowd turn outs per club, not being able to retain members on SFL board, etc, etc, etc

For your info our game v HValley on the wend was one of our biggest gate in years financially and numbers .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon May 06, 2019 8:25 am

Old man river wrote:
shoe boy wrote:Good luck Trev , and wish Aldinga all the best BUT the coach shouldnt be the only change at Shark Park .

President or committee?

OMR this is an opportunity for the AFC to put a peg in the ground and focus on every role from governance , trainers , team managers , canteen operations , sponsorship, and the community that have seen unacceptable results for too long .

Aldinga is a rapidly expanding community and with the high school to start in 2021 with housing development surrounding the sporting precinct there is plenty of up .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby tigerpie » Mon May 06, 2019 8:31 am

shoe boy wrote:
Old man river wrote:
shoe boy wrote:Good luck Trev , and wish Aldinga all the best BUT the coach shouldnt be the only change at Shark Park .

President or committee?

OMR this is an opportunity for the AFC to put a peg in the ground and focus on every role from governance , trainers , team managers , canteen operations , sponsorship, and the community that have seen unacceptable results for too long .

Aldinga is a rapidly expanding community and with the high school to start in 2021 with housing development surrounding the sporting precinct there is plenty of up .

This is all good for AFC, but they have to be an decent alternative to Willunga.
A lot of good juniors end up there.
Hopefully its the start of a successful era.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 06, 2019 11:25 am

reppoh_eht wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:I will fire Dutchy up with this one but pretty poor from SFL & FHFC for not playing the GF rematch on Anzac Day itself. Fully understand not playing when it is a Thursday in most years Anzac Day falls on that day but not when the Saturday before is Easter. The host club usually gets some say with the timing of the Anzac Day game so I'm sure Flaggies were given the opportunity to ask for the game to be played on 25 April. So come on Dutchy, please explain why Flaggies dropped the ball on this one. Surely wouldn't have happened on the Nuts man watch.

:roll:

Believe it was the RSL who did not want the game to be on the Thursday. FHFC certainly wanted it to be. The game is now part of Diggers Day with one off guernseys designed by the RSL and special guests (Keith Payne VC, Tim Britten CV). If it was on the Thursday we would not have been able to have those guests, nor would we have been provided the guernseys... Which in the end were auctioned off for over $5,000 - all of which went to the RSL.

Well said.

Pretty poor form having a go a FHFC for this one, this is our second Digger's Day and both have been outstanding successes. It is a seperate event to ANZAC Day and one the RSL have driven and. To have recipients of Victoria Crosses at the day (and well into the night) was something many other footy clubs would not have and it was pretty special for the whole footy club and in particular our juniors.

Not many footy clubs would have have raised nearly $6k from sale of the jumpers with every cent going to the RSL, not sure how you can knock something like that.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby reppoh_eht » Mon May 06, 2019 11:53 am

Down the Hill wrote:Anzac Day is Saturday next year. GF rematch or not, I suppose that's a forfeit win for your opponent because the RSL won't let you play?

When did I say the RSL didn't let us play?

Bit grumpy after getting pantsed on the weekend DTH?
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon May 06, 2019 1:00 pm

"Believe it was the RSL who did not want the game to be on the Thursday"

They were your words R-E.

Yes a bit grumpy but my surprise at no SFL Anzac Day game goes back to before the weekend. I still ask the question - If the FHFC are to win the flag this year and once again host the Anzac Day game in 2020 are you still going to set the agenda above the wishes of the league and refuse to play on Anzac Day, even though it is a Saturday. You've only had the privilege of being guaranteed a home Anzac Day round match due to winning the flag the previous 3 years and it seems you have put your own clubs Anzac Day arrangements above what's best for the promotion of the league.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 06, 2019 1:10 pm

You seem to presume that the league and our opposition wanted the game on ANZAC day, maybe do your research.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Down the Hill » Mon May 06, 2019 1:57 pm

Still avoiding the question but I give in. I've forgotten that winning a few flags gives you the right to make your own rules :roll:
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby reppoh_eht » Mon May 06, 2019 2:34 pm

Down the Hill wrote:"Believe it was the RSL who did not want the game to be on the Thursday"

They were your words R-E.

Yes a bit grumpy but my surprise at no SFL Anzac Day game goes back to before the weekend. I still ask the question - If the FHFC are to win the flag this year and once again host the Anzac Day game in 2020 are you still going to set the agenda above the wishes of the league and refuse to play on Anzac Day, even though it is a Saturday. You've only had the privilege of being guaranteed a home Anzac Day round match due to winning the flag the previous 3 years and it seems you have put your own clubs Anzac Day arrangements above what's best for the promotion of the league.

"did not want" and "not allowed" slightly different DTH but play on.

The FHFC would have loved to have the game on Thursday as a standalone game. I have no idea what will happen next year. I guess that is up to the SFL, the RSL and the 2019 Premier to decide.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon May 06, 2019 3:33 pm

Down the Hill wrote:Still avoiding the question but I give in. I've forgotten that winning a few flags gives you the right to make your own rules :roll:

you don't seem to have considered that maybe we wanted it on ANZAC day but others didn't?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Look Good In Leather » Thu May 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:Still avoiding the question but I give in. I've forgotten that winning a few flags gives you the right to make your own rules :roll:

you don't seem to have considered that maybe we wanted it on ANZAC day but others didn't?

Christies Beach will happily play on Anzac Day in 2020
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby woodublieve12 » Sat May 11, 2019 10:07 pm

Who called for thehead count during the cove vs HV game? I am assuming it was cove.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby LovesHisFooty » Sat May 11, 2019 10:15 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Who called for thehead count during the cove vs HV game? I am assuming it was cove.

I have no idea, but what was the outcome of the count?
LovesHisFooty
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:16 am

LovesHisFooty wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Who called for thehead count during the cove vs HV game? I am assuming it was cove.

Nothing. Game continued. Never seen it happen before
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby shoe boy » Mon May 13, 2019 12:45 pm

Noarlunga v M/Vale A grade game on wend ,

The umpire that ran the boundary and did a great job running the boundary and making correct calls BUT when she threw the ball in we had a problem, it would be lucky to reach the ruck contest and when it did the ball would land mid rift at best .

Now I am all for young umpires and guess she was 14 ? and stood 4'6 at best , In A grade footy the expectation must be able to have the skills to be selected in the role . I am sure the match payment was the normal umpire fee ?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby LovesHisFooty » Mon May 13, 2019 1:41 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
LovesHisFooty wrote:

Nothing. Game continued. Never seen it happen before

A couple of weeks ago in the AdFL there were two games in the same day with a count that turned out ok. One of the counts the team that had asked for it actually had an 'extra' player because the other team only had 17 on the field.
LovesHisFooty
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon May 13, 2019 3:06 pm

Adelaide FL rules are very clear and very sensible. If the count allegation is proven correct the umpires must record the time of game and the score at the time of the count and it is then up to the league to determine the score penalty early in the week. It is my understanding that the last couple of times this has happened the AdFL has only penalised the offending team by deducting the amount of score they have scored during that qtr prior to the count. This should surely become a rule across the board. Why should a team lose its entire score because some coach or player has confused who should be on the bench at the start of a qtr, noting this is the most common occurrence of having 19 on the field. The original rules were established when there was no interchange and the concept of losing your full score is outdated.

But the AdFL rules also state that the team with extra players gets a free kick awarded against it in the centre of the ground or where the ball was when the count was called (whichever is closer to goal) plus a 25 metre penalty. So in most cases it becomes a free kick within goal range. However, if the count allegation is proven wrong, the other team gets the free kick in centre or closest to goal plus the 25m penalty. This is what happened in Div 5 a couple of weeks ago when Smithfield called for a count and got it wrong. The ball was at centre half forward for Kenilworth when the count was called and the 25m penalty took the Kenilworth player to near the goal square and he kicked a goal.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Postby Thumbs Up » Fri May 24, 2019 7:49 am

What is going on . Is there nothing to discuss about our league? Association game coming up, could we do it 3 times in a row. Who can challenge Noarlunga for the flag. Who is the form player in the league? I saw Noarlunga 1st hand last weekend, given the opposition has plenty of work to do the Shoes were awesome with Nick Mott and Terry Milera in a forward line they will be hard to beat. Nick on that form could go the double Mail Medal like big Jerry Mott. Big Jerry won a Best and Fairest at Aldinga Fc a long time ago, i saw on the boards in the club. Maybe Nick could add that to his growing list of awards.
Good luck for the weekend everyone
Thumbs Up
Mini-League

Been liked: 5 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Fri May 24, 2019 9:06 am

Thumbs Up wrote:Big Jerry won a Best and Fairest at Aldinga Fc a long time ago, i saw on the boards in the club. Maybe Nick could add that to his growing list of awards.

Mitton recruiting well?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby shoe boy » Fri May 24, 2019 9:12 am

Thumbs Up wrote:What is going on . Is there nothing to discuss about our league? Association game coming up, could we do it 3 times in a row. Who can challenge Noarlunga for the flag. Who is the form player in the league? I saw Noarlunga 1st hand last weekend, given the opposition has plenty of work to do the Shoes were awesome with Nick Mott and Terry Milera in a forward line they will be hard to beat. Nick on that form could go the double Mail Medal like big Jerry Mott. Big Jerry won a Best and Fairest at Aldinga Fc a long time ago, i saw on the boards in the club. Maybe Nick could add that to his growing list of awards.
Good luck for the weekend everyone

Agree Thumbs Up ,it has been quite but in reference to your quote who will challenge the Shoe , I believe the 3 time premiers in F/Hill are still the hunted and deserve to be flag favorites again with great depth , C/Beach will also be looking to play in the big dance with players like Powell , Coakley and Carter who is dominating the SFL at the moment . I will look forward next week when the Premiers host C/Beach .
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL