Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Oldman Munga » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:54 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
The Hound wrote:With the rise in COVID cases, just wondering how many clubs get players to sanitiser hands during training and/or wipe the footy's down half way through training?

Or are some playing while positive and should be in iso?

No matter your stance on the current covid scenario if you are knowingly positive and still playing then you’re an incredibly selfish person. Good way to put a large chunk of players and volunteers at your club out of action for at least 1-2 weeks.

Plenty to suggest that’s exactly what’s happened @NFC V CBFC last weekend
Have heard the league choose not to follow up on the allegation
SURPRISE SURPRISE

Have feel for MVFC Past Players day kyboshed and Shoeys always bring a crowd ,
Would have missed out on some good $$$$$$$
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby UpThere » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:34 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
The Hound wrote:With the rise in COVID cases, just wondering how many clubs get players to sanitiser hands during training and/or wipe the footy's down half way through training?

Or are some playing while positive and should be in iso?

No matter your stance on the current covid scenario if you are knowingly positive and still playing then you’re an incredibly selfish person. Good way to put a large chunk of players and volunteers at your club out of action for at least 1-2 weeks.

Plenty to suggest that’s exactly what’s happened @NFC V CBFC last weekend
Have heard the league choose not to follow up on the allegation
SURPRISE SURPRISE

Have feel for MVFC Past Players day kyboshed and Shoeys always bring a crowd ,
Would have missed out on some good $$$$$$$

I would say that it looks much more like it was the virus inside your own club with Christies not copping the same spread throughout their club. I would say it is lucky that it wasn’t transferred to more saints players for their game yesterday.
UpThere
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Demon fan » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:30 pm

The fallout or lack of from the CBFC and NFC Covid incident, probably speaks loudly of a league that struggles to make the difficult decisions. In saying that CBFC clearly wanted to play this weekend and NFC not so much, apparently 15+ missed out last week and they can’t find 15 to play this weekend, just doesn’t sound right, especially given they want to run a C grade this year.
While clubs are able to blame Covid for not making the effort without any real accountability this season is going to have a few curve balls.
Demon fan
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wallaroo

Postby shoe boy » Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:58 am

Demon fan wrote:The fallout or lack of from the CBFC and NFC Covid incident, probably speaks loudly of a league that struggles to make the difficult decisions. In saying that CBFC clearly wanted to play this weekend and NFC not so much, apparently 15+ missed out last week and they can’t find 15 to play this weekend, just doesn’t sound right, especially given they want to run a C grade this year.
While clubs are able to blame Covid for not making the effort without any real accountability this season is going to have a few curve balls.

Lets put a little light on this.
I dont speak for the NFC , as for a C grade that will not happen in my opinion.

As for the forfeit we had 17 from 21 that played CBeach A grade last week also assist coaches ,team managers, trainers , runner B grade coach and number of B grade squad and could go on.

I feel for the MVale football club who planned a big day.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Divers » Thu Apr 28, 2022 6:46 pm

what the **** is going on with the u17.5s draw, how can thee be 2 clubs having a bye each week in a 8team comp? Et your shit together Mckay, yep i know you read this :evil:
Divers

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby mots02 » Thu Apr 28, 2022 7:47 pm

Divers wrote:what the **** is going on with the u17.5s draw, how can thee be 2 clubs having a bye each week in a 8team comp? Et your shit together Mckay, yep i know you read this :evil:

At a guess, probably to maintain everyone playing each other just once (like the other grades) and then not finishing the season 4 weeks earlier than the rest!
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 898 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Divers » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:02 pm

#1 priority for jnr footy must be play as many gme as possible, go over Sth Rd to GSFL and you can plaay 18 games, and the maroon coats wonder why kids are leaving their comp, who cares if draw is un even get the kids playing ffs, 2 teams sitting on their arses is rediculous

Add to this their current rule that you cant go to huddles at breaks, despite every other league allowing it, including the SANFL!!!°
Divers

Postby mots02 » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:25 pm

Divers wrote:#1 priority for jnr footy must be play as many gme as possible, go over Sth Rd to GSFL and you can plaay 18 games, and the maroon coats wonder why kids are leaving their comp, who cares if draw is un even get the kids playing ffs, 2 teams sitting on their arses is rediculous

Add to this their current rule that you cant go to huddles at breaks, despite every other league allowing it, including the SANFL!!!°

I agree - they should play as many games as possible, was just giving you a reason why it probably sits as it does.

I assume you've taken this up with the League and not just chosen to have a crack at one bloke on a public forum?

Your club is one of those who would have seen and approved the draw.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 141 times
Been liked: 898 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby cracka » Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:47 pm

Divers wrote:#1 priority for jnr footy must be play as many gme as possible, go over Sth Rd to GSFL and you can plaay 18 games, and the maroon coats wonder why kids are leaving their comp, who cares if draw is un even get the kids playing ffs, 2 teams sitting on their arses is rediculous

You'd be surprised how many parents will complain about sh!t like that, rather than praise the league for having their kids playing each week
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Divers » Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:09 pm

mots02 wrote:

I agree - they should play as many games as possible, was just giving you a reason why it probably sits as it does.

I assume you've taken this up with the League and not just chosen to have a crack at one bloke on a public forum?

Your club is one of those who would have seen and approved the draw.

That you Mark?

Clubs dont approve the draw
Divers

Postby cracka » Tue May 03, 2022 10:54 am

No dogs allowed :(
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Divers » Tue May 03, 2022 12:30 pm

what a league huh? :lol: :lol: :lol: Dog discrimination! Are cats allowed? Goldfish? **** me. Gsfl loving it
Divers

Postby Show Time » Tue May 03, 2022 3:12 pm

Pretty sure dogs are ok around the oval on a leash but not on the oval or near the changerooms/ Canteen area. I think its the council not the SFL dicking around with this.... might be some revenue coming for the local council :D

Divers wrote:what a league huh? :lol: :lol: :lol: Dog discrimination! Are cats allowed? Goldfish? **** me. Gsfl loving it
Show Time
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby tigerpie » Tue May 03, 2022 3:47 pm

Got me whacked why people take dogs to the footy anyway.
I spose if the games a fizzer watch dogs blueing instead.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue May 03, 2022 10:44 pm

cracka wrote:No dogs allowed :(

I just came in here to see if this was legit.

What a joke :lol:

sfl.JPG
sfl.JPG (40.66 KiB) Viewed 1419 times
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1742 times
Been liked: 2153 times

Postby am Bays » Wed May 04, 2022 6:48 am

Justifies teh maroon coats existence

HAd one follow me around the oval at Christies in 2017 (200m behind) whilst I walked our dogs outside the oval perimeter. On a leash, kept inside the car when not walking outside. Gave him something to do instead of watching footy, talking to club people or solving any footy related issues that day I 'spose
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 1830 times

Postby vics01 » Thu May 05, 2022 12:13 pm

The SFL directive regarding dogs has no relevance to any SFL ground other than South Adelaide when they use it for finals. No SFL ground is listed under the regulations as a recreation ground for the purposes of the Act. In fact all the grounds are open public spaces. Just because you put a person on the gate and charge money to enter does not make a ground pursuant to the Act. In fact if a member of the public declined to pay there is nothing the SFL or a club could do to refuse entry. Time for the SFL clubs to look at moving to the Adelaide Footy League. The SFL board is stuck in a time warp.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu May 05, 2022 12:19 pm

Just leave your dogs home. 99% of times taking your dogs will be fine, but you don't know for certainty how they will react around other dogs or if a kid pulls their ear or tail.
Why take the risk? There can only ever be bad news from taking your dogs to footy.
Our club hasn't allowed dogs for 20 plus years, when working the gate, ive told numerous people they can't bring their dog into the ground. Most people understand and take them home. Cant believe you southerners are making a fuss about it.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby oldman » Thu May 05, 2022 12:56 pm

The SFL 10 years ago would have been considered one of the top competitions. Strong clubs with excellent junior programs, fantastic facilities at most grounds, wonderful atmosphere and a high level of football. In a 10 year space the comp has gone from this to a farce. If a the SFL was a business or indeed a local sporting club they would have either shut their doors or had a board take over. Time for people to take their heads out of their own backsides and make some changes before the SFL is defunct.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Divers » Thu May 05, 2022 8:08 pm

oldman wrote:The SFL 10 years ago would have been considered one of the top competitions. Strong clubs with excellent junior programs, fantastic facilities at most grounds, wonderful atmosphere and a high level of football. In a 10 year space the comp has gone from this to a farce. If a the SFL was a business or indeed a local sporting club they would have either shut their doors or had a board take over. Time for people to take their heads out of their own backsides and make some changes before the SFL is defunct.

Spot on. Only the sfl could let their league drop off like it has while having one of the largest growing populations in the country on its doorstep, quite damning really

There board is just failed club committee people, cant run a club so give us a go at the league ffs
Divers

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL