top 8

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: top 8

Postby lion heart » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:23 pm

shoe boy wrote:
lion heart wrote:I think shoes hoping the great man Trevor Rigney will be tempted by a massive offer. :shock: :shock:

Been there done that and we cant compete with $$$$$$ammy.

HAHA $hoes matched $ammy's offer 8)
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby pale ale » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:03 pm

Goodluck wrote:So Pale ale, you dont think the shoe's can make the 8.

I would like to see it but losing to Morphie Parks wasnt good
Thinking you will make it and making it are 2 different things, lets see if you can beat Flaggies by plenty this week for a start.
Beating Hackham and just beating Lonsdale isnt what you would call a great start.
pale ale
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Hills » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:25 pm

pale ale wrote:

Thinking you will make it and making it are 2 different things, lets see if you can beat Flaggies by plenty this week for a start.
Beating Hackham and just beating Lonsdale isnt what you would call a great start.

Just beating the lions and getting over Hackham is better than losing. We havent quite gelled on the footy field just yet and im sure after a few more games, we will improve. As far as im concerned, if we show improvement week in week out and win the games, there is no problem. Morphy park was a bad game on our behalf, we kicked to many points, simple.

Onto this weeks game, we will aim to win the game and improve in some areas of which we have lacked over the first 3 weeks, anything more than that is a bonus.
Once you go black, your in a wheelchair.
Hills
Reserves

Postby asert » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:42 pm

prob come down to who has the easiest draw. if sides are playing top 4 sides more than others it will influence it also. i dont think port noarlunga will make it this year they are struggling and will have the hard draw to fight with.
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby Hills » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:46 pm

asert wrote:prob come down to who has the easiest draw. if sides are playing top 4 sides more than others it will influence it also. i dont think port noarlunga will make it this year they are struggling and will have the hard draw to fight with.

Will they beat christies this week?
Is it at porties?
Once you go black, your in a wheelchair.
Hills
Reserves

Postby asert » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:49 pm

christies looked v good few weeks ago my tip unfortunately the beach but would love for them to prove me wrong. also think reynella this week will be brightons only chance to a loss
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby Elf » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:28 pm

asert wrote:christies looked v good few weeks ago my tip unfortunately the beach but would love for them to prove me wrong. also think reynella this week will be brightons only chance to a loss

they have beat lonny by only 4 goal,but smashed flaggy and absolutely belted hackham! SO THEY SHOULD LOOK V GOOD! this time last year they were 3-0 and porties were 0-3 and porties smashed them by 10 goals! this will be there grand final! unfortunately its a mental thing for christies since they have not beaten porties since 1994! my tip porties by 5-8 goals!
*guns dont kill people,i kill people*
Elf

Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby HH3 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Elf wrote:
asert wrote:christies looked v good few weeks ago my tip unfortunately the beach but would love for them to prove me wrong. also think reynella this week will be brightons only chance to a loss

they have beat lonny by only 4 goal,but smashed flaggy and absolutely belted hackham! SO THEY SHOULD LOOK V GOOD! this time last year they were 3-0 and porties were 0-3 and porties smashed them by 10 goals! this will be there grand final! unfortunately its a mental thing for christies since they have not beaten porties since 1994! my tip porties by 5-8 goals!

Christies beat us by 12 goals less than both Townies and Shoeys. Was worse conditions, but I dont think it was bad enough to stop them kicking 12 goals. I have no idea if they'll make finals. No one really does. Beating us shouldnt really come into consideration considering at the moment most teams, if not all, are going to.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby soup_nazi » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:44 pm

Elf wrote:

I dont think your coach/team mates would like you tipping against your team mate
NO SOUP FOR YOU!!
soup_nazi
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Goodluck » Fri May 01, 2009 9:09 am

pale ale wrote:

Morphie park game was not a good one for the Shoe,and have learnt from the game. but for hackham and lonsdale you can only beat the team you play on the day.
Goodluck
Mini-League

Postby risetothetop » Fri May 01, 2009 9:24 am

my top 8

brighton
m/vale
cove
reynella
h/valy
porties
christies
townies
risetothetop
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby petoe » Fri May 01, 2009 1:51 pm

Goodluck wrote:I think with the team the shoe's have put together, they will become a dangerous team to any of the oposition they play. but at the same time as we all know, you can have a good team on paper and do nothing on game day. they need to start to Gel.
Also have heard they may have a couple of big in's that still may come into the side.
Shoe boy any news on that????????????????????????

The in you are eluding to would be Simon Dean.
petoe
Under 16s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri May 01, 2009 2:16 pm

petoe wrote:
Goodluck wrote:I think with the team the shoe's have put together, they will become a dangerous team to any of the oposition they play. but at the same time as we all know, you can have a good team on paper and do nothing on game day. they need to start to Gel.
Also have heard they may have a couple of big in's that still may come into the side.

No mate,we would love Simon back but he is out at SA and was hopeful to be back this week after a frustrating period with a hami.
I noticed he was not selected in the 2s so the hami may still be no good.(he can come back through the Shoes anyday :) )
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Goodluck » Fri May 01, 2009 2:44 pm

Simon dean (Best & Fairest last year) it would be great to have back at the shoe, but he will be staying out at south with the Shoe's full support.
Goodluck
Mini-League

Postby qwerty » Fri May 01, 2009 3:03 pm

shoe boy wrote:
petoe wrote:

No mate,we would love Simon back but he is out at SA and was hopeful to be back this week after a frustrating period with a hami.
I noticed he was not selected in the 2s so the hami may still be no good.(he can come back through the Shoes anyday :) )
Goodluck wrote:Simon dean (Best & Fairest last year) it would be great to have back at the shoe, but he will be staying out at south with the Shoe's full support.

If you could add a few of the names people have been alluding too, the shoes may well make the 8 and higher with the draw they have.

Guess we will find out how the shoes are traveling after the next 4-5 weeks, coming up against some of the bigger sides.
qwerty
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby White Line Fever » Fri May 01, 2009 3:51 pm

risetothetop wrote:my top 8

brighton
m/vale
cove
reynella
h/valy
porties
christies
townies

and who would you say would be the unluckiest to miss??
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Elf » Fri May 01, 2009 4:24 pm

hackham_hawk_3 wrote:
Elf wrote:

Christies beat us by 12 goals less than both Townies and Shoeys. Was worse conditions, but I dont think it was bad enough to stop them kicking 12 goals. I have no idea if they'll make finals. No one really does. Beating us shouldnt really come into consideration considering at the moment most teams, if not all, are going to.

i do like your confidence and your honesty hh3! hang in there buddy!
Elf

Postby Elf » Fri May 01, 2009 4:27 pm

soup_nazi wrote:
Elf wrote:

I dont think your coach/team mates would like you tipping against your team mate

i can say it coz im playin b's not a's!
Elf

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL