mail medal 09

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: mail medal 09

Postby Swooper16 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:50 am

Panther32 wrote:It's very rare to see a player win a Mail medal from an underperforming team. So bets are that they would normally come from a top 5 team. I think Todd Johnstone will be up there again and I think Milo will rate fairly highly if he continues on. From M/V, I have to agree with Cyclops ( :shock: ) on Bayly, for some reason does stand out a fair bit. Not sure about Edwardstown and I don't think there will be too many stand outs at the minute from either Valleys or Cove. Do Christies or Noarlunga have anyone? I know people rate Bachmann, but will they continue to win enough games for him to get the votes? Difficult to win it from a losing side.

Could be something to do with the 30+ possessions each game?? ;)
Swooper16
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Axle Rose » Thu May 14, 2009 11:53 am

Panther32 wrote:It's very rare to see a player win a Mail medal from an underperforming team. So bets are that they would normally come from a top 5 team. I think Todd Johnstone will be up there again and I think Milo will rate fairly highly if he continues on. From M/V, I have to agree with Cyclops ( :shock: ) on Bayly, for some reason does stand out a fair bit. Not sure about Edwardstown and I don't think there will be too many stand outs at the minute from either Valleys or Cove. Do Christies or Noarlunga have anyone? I know people rate Bachmann, but will they continue to win enough games for him to get the votes? Difficult to win it from a losing side.

Bachmann already has 1 medal and that christies side was worse than this one by a long way. I agree, hard to win but definately possible.
Axle Rose
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Panther32 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:55 am

Swooper16 wrote:

Lol...nah not that, I think it's because he's short... ;)
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby pale ale » Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 am

Swooper16 wrote:

If Milo continues to dominate at half back injury free he will win easy IMO.
pale ale
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Panther32 » Thu May 14, 2009 11:56 am

Axle Rose wrote:

Bachmann already has 1 medal and that christies side was worse than this one by a long way. I agree, hard to win but definately possible.

I think there has been two in the last 10 years, Bachmann and Exelby, but i'm not sure on how that Marion team went back in 01, maybe 'Special' can fill us in?
Panther32
League - Best 21

Postby shoe boy » Thu May 14, 2009 12:17 pm

Milo has been on fire in his new role.

But the Bayley boys are very good and also poll well. I mite have to get out to M/Vale tonight and run em down.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Bag The Points » Thu May 14, 2009 1:00 pm

Marion were strong at that stage (2001). Played a number of Grand Finals through the Nineties unfortunately for them losing them all, but cracked the A-Grade/B-Grade double Flag in 2000. Still reasonably strong in 2001 going out in the Semis.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby special » Thu May 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Marion were strong at that stage (2001). Played a number of Grand Finals through the Nineties unfortunately for them losing them all, but cracked the A-Grade/B-Grade double Flag in 2000. Still reasonably strong in 2001 going out in the Semis.

bags been around for a while i think as this is fact!
special
Rookie

Postby KEYDEFENDER » Thu May 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Bag The Points wrote:Marion were strong at that stage (2001). Played a number of Grand Finals through the Nineties unfortunately for them losing them all, but cracked the A-Grade/B-Grade double Flag in 2000. Still reasonably strong in 2001 going out in the Semis.

2001 Lost to the Bombers. I think that was the year B. Exelby tied with D. Betterman. from BDOS..

My tip is T Johnstone again.
KEYDEFENDER
Rookie

Postby Down the Hill » Thu May 14, 2009 4:48 pm

In 2001 we had a final 5 (still 2 divs). Marion finished 4th or 5th at end of minor round won the Elimination Final but lost 1st semi to the Bombers.

In 2002 (final 8) they finished minor round in 2nd with a 16-2 record. They had some quality players including Dale, Smelt, Waugh, Exelby's. By memory they lost their semi-final but won through to the Prelim at Bice against the Bombers where the Bombers beat them easy.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby the big bang » Thu May 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Panther32 wrote:
Swooper16 wrote:

Lol...nah not that, I think it's because he's short... ;)

or because there is "two" of them?!?!
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Cheese Twisties » Thu May 14, 2009 11:07 pm

Axle Rose wrote:

Andy Bachmann is at risk of fading away before the Mail Medal count is conducted this year.... when was the last time the man had a decent feed?? Seen him on the weekend and he was looking wafer thin! Should be steering away from the low carb beers IMHO....

Ill tip Jarrod Pommeroy from the Vikings.
Gaelic Football - Funny name, SERIOUS GAME!
http://www.gaelicfootballsa.com.au/
Cheese Twisties
Under 18s

Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Dazza44 » Fri May 15, 2009 1:57 am

As good as he is, I don't think Pomeroy will get up - as has been said it's rare for a player to win who's not in a top 5 side - and on current form Valleys won't be up there. I'd think Milo was lookin good, and from all reports so is Todd Johnstone from Brighton to back up this year !
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby asert » Fri May 15, 2009 9:28 am

tj should have won the last 3. he has well and truly dominated the southern league for years. he only just started getting recognisedlast year and a little the year before. 3 mark jolly medals to his name with noone going even close to him. even if tj has an average year he will still go close but hunter will steal votes
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby Elf » Wed May 27, 2009 1:35 pm

who won mail medal last year?
*guns dont kill people,i kill people*
Elf

Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby shoe boy » Wed May 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Elf wrote:who won mail medal last year?

Todd Johnstone of H/Valley =)) sorry you would have to have been there? Brighton lad
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Panther32 » Wed May 27, 2009 4:22 pm

shoe boy wrote:

Todd Johnstone of H/Valley =)) sorry you would have to have been there? Brighton lad

Wasn't it Todd Johnson???
Panther32
League - Best 21

Postby asert » Wed May 27, 2009 5:42 pm

todd johnstone from brighton
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby the big bang » Wed May 27, 2009 7:14 pm

Panther32 wrote:
shoe boy wrote:

Wasn't it Todd Johnson???

yes, it was toddy j, but as shoe stated, you has to have been there to get his joke!

as TJ was walking up to accept the award, on the screen, it said "CONGRATULATIONS TODD JOHNSTONE OF HAPPY VALLEY"
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times

Postby cyclops » Thu May 28, 2009 9:34 am

a real outside chance-tyron bennets from m/vale,having great start to the season.
cyclops

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL