SFL Players that could play league football for SAFC in 2010

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: SFL Players that could play league football for SAFC in 2010

Postby the big bang » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Panther32 wrote:
Bag The Points wrote:
The Lova wrote:
Bag The Points wrote:For the record, the Morphie brothers spell their name with two "Y's" --- Bayly.
Meanwhile the Reynella guy's name has been spelt with a "double s" in the Boot each week. The editor has done this because he saw it spelt that way early in the year, but the Wineys consistentenly give it to him with only one "s".
I know the guy likes to get these names right, so maybe someone on here that actually knows can fill me in on the correct spelling and I'll pass it on.

Not sure if its Bayli$ or Bayli$$ ?
Ask P32 hes from down that way

Yeah, I was fishing for an answer from that gentleman (hope he gets back on line soon). Maybe being from Reynella he'll be able to tell me.

Just spoke to the guy (top bloke too ;) ) and he assures me it's only one 's'.

what would you know? 8)
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Navy2005 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:21 am

Come guys surely there are a few more guys in the SFL that would make good league footballers.
Navy2005
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Redandblack00 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:40 am

[quote="Navy2005"]Come guys surely there are a few more guys in the SFL that would make good league footballers.[/quote]

considering the best players in the SFL, have been Fringe South reserves players, i doubt there would be many.
Redandblack00
Rookie

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:01 am

You could look at this a number of ways.
1) Lads that if asked today to play league footy tommorow am sure there are many.

2) Lads able to play and commit to 5-7 days of training.Not many

3) Young lads with the ability and no fear of the commitment but dont want to part of the SA system GROWING!(for many reasons as we live in a small world)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby lion heart » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:30 pm

Jeez you negative toward South SB!

Guys South should be targetting next year and are still young enough to have a decent crack;

Seb G
Bayley bros
Trav Tedmanson
Harman (sharks)

SB what is the latest on the Simon Dean saga?
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:36 pm

lion heart wrote:Jeez you negative toward South SB!

Guys South should be targetting next year and are still young enough to have a decent crack;

Seb G
Bayley bros
Trav Tedmanson
Harman (sharks)

Watch this space Lion heart.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:42 pm

Seb G
Bayley bros
Trav Tedmanson
Harman (sharks)

Braden Bayly was told he was too small by South at U17 level. I dare say he hasn't grown since then.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby lion heart » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:43 pm

shoe boy wrote:

Seb G
Bayley bros
Trav Tedmanson
Harman (sharks)

Spill the beans Shoey?

Has he played for Shoes yet or are South still holding him? Must say i haven't noticed his name in the paper and he didnt play against us.
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:51 pm

He played 1 and you would of thought we killed someone with the dramas that transpired.

He met with SA after that game and they said no more so the lad walked out on them and now we are in a shit fight again with my mates at SA.(THE LAD WANTS TO PLAY FOOTY WITH HIS MATES AND FAMILY)
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby THE MOLE » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:16 pm

shoe boy wrote:He played 1 and you would of thought we killed someone with the dramas that transpired.

He met with SA after that game and they said no more so the lad walked out on them and now we are in a s***t fight again with my mates at SA.(THE LAD WANTS TO PLAY FOOTY WITH HIS MATES AND FAMILY)

Well why did he make south adelaide pay for him to come to south then?
I can see where they are coming form, they had a meeting with him pre season, he told him that he was keen to play for them, South paid the transfer fee, and for whatever reason he doesnt want to play out there. He OWES it to south both $$$$ wise and for the time they have put in to him and if they stuff him arounf like he has done to him, i dont think he has a leg to stand on.
THE MOLE
Under 18s

Postby Kart Horse » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:19 pm

THE MOLE wrote:
shoe boy wrote:He played 1 and you would of thought we killed someone with the dramas that transpired.

He met with SA after that game and they said no more so the lad walked out on them and now we are in a s***t fight again with my mates at SA.(THE LAD WANTS TO PLAY FOOTY WITH HIS MATES AND FAMILY)

I can see where they are coming form, they had a meeting with him pre season, he told him that he was keen to play for them, South paid the transfer fee, and for whatever reason he doesnt want to play out there. He OWES it to south both $$$$ wise and for the time they have put in to him and if they stuff him arounf like he has done to him, i dont think he has a leg to stand on.

It is disappointing to see someone who apparently (dont know him) has the talent not use it. In saying that if hes not keen then why not let him go. My question is why was he keen early and now not keen? Is it the hard work or injuries?
Kart Horse
Rookie

Postby shoe boy » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:26 pm

THE MOLE wrote:

Mole you are so far off the truth.
South Adelaide chased him very hard and he was reluctant to go as he enjoyed his footy at the SHOE. He done a pre season and during this time they approached West Adelaide re his clearance and payed that .(A BUSINESS DECISSION THAT COMES WITH RISKS) The lad for whatever reason and there are many is not happy at SA and he just wants to play the game he loves.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:35 pm

shoe boy wrote:
THE MOLE wrote:

Mole you are so far off the truth.
South Adelaide chased him very hard and he was reluctant to go as he enjoyed his footy at the SHOE. He done a pre season and during this time they approached West Adelaide re his clearance and payed that . (A BUSINESS DECISSION THAT COMES WITH RISKS) The lad for whatever reason and there are many is not happy at SA and he just wants to play the game he loves.

If you are preaching that line then they have every right to protect their investment.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Bag The Points » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:26 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:

Seb G
Bayley bros
Trav Tedmanson
Harman (sharks)

Braden Bayly was told he was too small by South at U17 level. I dare say he hasn't grown since then.

Exactly why they are losers and always will be.
So little guys aren't good enough are they ? Haven't they seen Barry Cable, Tony Liberatore, Mike Nunan and the numerous others who prove that theory incredibly wrong.
Bayly may or may not have made it at League level, but they should have gone through the motions with him regardless of size.
Losers !!!!! :roll:
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby cyclops » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:34 pm

if bayley was too small then wot about boyd who plays league for south and has probably been there best player in the past 2 seasons,surely he is no giant.
cyclops

Postby Tiger83 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:22 pm

Good point Cyclops.. Boyd has been there best player consistently over the last 2 years by a mile. Ya dont finish runner up in the Magarey Medal without being able to play!!!
As a past Sth Adel youth squad member, i have seen many so-called `small` players been refused games due to their size. Which is purely and simple BS!!! If u are a good enough player to play at SANFL level, there should be no reason not to be allowed to have a crack!!! Its ultimately the small guys that get ya the footy e.g. Vick,the Bayley boys.. If they are good enuff to hold their own, they should play!!! I think South could use another small ballwinner anyway... And a few key posititon players too for that matter.
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Elf » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:28 pm

shoe boy wrote:

Seb G
Bayley bros
Trav Tedmanson
Harman (sharks)

seen him a couple weeks back sinking a jim beam can half time of a b grade game in his south jacket!
*guns dont kill people,i kill people*
Elf

Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby The Girth » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:18 pm

Seb G
Bayley bros
Trav Tedmanson
Harman (sharks)

Lion Heart agree with the first 3 names but harman are you serious good lad but not a SANFL footballer.
The Girth
Under 16s

Postby lion heart » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:43 pm

You are probably right Girth but Harman put in probably the best individual performance against us this year and was unstoppable. Our whole team was raving about him after the game.
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Postby the big bang » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:31 pm

The Girth wrote:

Seb G
Bayley bros
Trav Tedmanson
Harman (sharks)

Lion Heart agree with the first 3 names but harman are you serious good lad but not a SANFL footballer.

could be a bit of confusion here with there being two Harman's for us? there is Joel, who is our current A Grade captain, and Tyler. Tyler is the one LH is speaking of, but hasnt been around since about round 4 because he is at the snow somewhere.

and yes, i would agree, Ty would be in the mix for South Adelaide. one of the most athletic players i've seen, i'm sure he finds it impossible to drop a mark, and can kick a journey with accuracy. and is only 21y.o
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL