A Grade Ladder - End of the Minor Round

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: A Grade Ladder - End of the Minor Round

Postby Jayne » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:19 pm

The odds:

M/Vale $3.00
BDOS $4.70
Towns $6.00
Reyn $6.50
Cove $8.50
Hpy V $26
CB $51
Noar $51
M/ville $71
Pt Noar $71
Marion $81
F/Hill $351

????????????????
Jayne
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Bag The Points » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Don't write off Port yet. I had a look at what it would take for Port to stay in the Eight this week despite their bye, and its amazingly feasible.
The three sides they have to stay in front of are Noarlunga, Morph Park and Marion. The latter pair play Cove and Reynella, so if the right side wins the big Shoe game Port stay in.
Percentage won't come into it, because any of that trio must win to lift themselves over Port's percentage for this coming week.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby vics01 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:30 pm

JAYNE
M/Vale $3.00
BDOS $4.70
Towns $6.00
Reyn $6.50
Cove $8.50
Hpy V $26
CB $51
Noar $51
M/ville $71
Pt Noar $71
Marion $81
F/Hill $351

Jayne are those odds for final 8 after the last round or for the premiership??

If for the flag I would love to get on Cove
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Jayne » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:30 am

Yeah to win the flag... Feel free to adjust the market as you see fit?!
Jayne
Rookie

Postby pale ale » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:00 am

Reynella and Edwardstown have beaten Morphett Vale and Brighton havent played them yet so it might be more open than those odds suggest,
having said that Morphett Vale have blown away all opposition in the past 8 weeks but the extra pressure of finals might be different.
Hard to guage form in such a lop sided competition
I do agree with big odds for the rest though including Cove who have definately got a hangover this year.
pale ale
Under 16s

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:01 pm

• Team Flag Finals
  • M/Vale 2.50
  • BDOS 3.00
  • Cove 6.00 - Never underestimate a champion
  • Towns 6.50
  • Reynella 6.50
  • Happy V 40 - 25c
  • Port 15 - 1
  • Shoes 300 - 1 - A big win v Hackham is worth 4 points, given closeness of %
  • CB 400 - 1.5
  • Twisties 300 - 2 - Need an upset or two
  • Flagstaff 400 - 5
  • Marion 400 - 5
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:04 pm

pale ale wrote:Reynella and Edwardstown have beaten Morphett Vale and Brighton havent played them yet so it might be more open than those odds suggest,
having said that Morphett Vale have blown away all opposition in the past 8 weeks but the extra pressure of finals might be different.
I do agree with big odds for the rest though including Cove who have definately got a hangover this year.

When did Edwardstown beat Morphett Vale?
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 68 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Lova » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:00 pm

pale ale wrote:Reynella and Edwardstown have beaten Morphett Vale and Brighton havent played them yet so it might be more open than those odds suggest,
having said that Morphett Vale have blown away all opposition in the past 8 weeks but the extra pressure of finals might be different.Hard to guage form in such a lop sided competition

Yeh Im sure none of the morphie boys no how to lift with the pressure of finals footy. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Postby Axle Rose » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:27 pm

Jayne wrote:The odds:

M/Vale $3.00
BDOS $4.70
Towns $6.00
Reyn $6.50
Cove $8.50
Hpy V $26
CB $51
Noar $51
M/ville $71
Pt Noar $71
Marion $81
F/Hill $351

????????????????

Some very generous odds there Jayne. Id be smashing the emus at $3. Lost to reynella in the last minute and drew with edwardstown when leading all day. Was always going to be some teething problems with brand new coaching staff, but the train is up and running now. Towns a bit short though at $6. Dont give them much chance.
Axle Rose
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby pale ale » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Zelezny Chucks wrote:

Unusual for you to bit a bit defensive ZC let me say Morphett Vale havent beaten Reynella, Brighton or Edwardstown yet is that OK :)
pale ale
Under 16s

Postby pale ale » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:33 pm

The Lova wrote:
having said that Morphett Vale have blown away all opposition in the past 8 weeks but the extra pressure of finals might be different.Hard to guage form in such a lop sided competition

Yeh Im sure none of the morphie boys no how to lift with the pressure of finals footy. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Lova I am not suggesting that Morphies fail under Finals pressure, even Grand finals :) but I am saying that the last 8 weeks might not be a true indication of how far above the rest of the teams you are that everyone is suggesting.
pale ale
Under 16s

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:48 pm

pale ale wrote:
Zelezny Chucks wrote:

Unusual for you to bit a bit defensive ZC let me say Morphett Vale havent beaten Reynella, Brighton or Edwardstown yet is that OK :)

Not being defencive, at the time I believe I said that IMO it felt as if Morphies had treated the draw as a loss and Towns had a sense of achievement out of it, just seems to me that your comment reinforces others may have thought of the draw as a win to Towns as well.

Morphies didn't play well that day and as others have said it did take a few weeks to gel under a new coach and will be looking forward to the return matchup.
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby the big bang » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:12 pm

at jaynes odds, i'd put my house on morphies, for a return of 3 houses! 8)
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby Jayne » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:01 am

M/Vale $2.25
BDOS $5.70
Towns $7.00
Reyn $7.50
Cove $8.50
Hpy V $31
CB $61
Noar $61
M/ville $76
Pt Noar $76
Marion $86
F/Hill $401

Revised market

ZC as far as the reaction after the Towns Morphies draw goes it was a case of Towns down by 13pts with 4mins left and managed to salvage a point from a seemingly near impossible situation. Therefore a good outcome for Edwardstown. Morphies coughed up a match winning lead by conceding two late goals. Therefore not a good outcome for Morphies.

To read anything more into it than that is either naive or arrogant...
Jayne
Rookie

Postby Zelezny Chucks » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:17 am

Jayne wrote:M/Vale $2.25
BDOS $5.70
Towns $7.00
Reyn $7.50
Cove $8.50
Hpy V $31
CB $61
Noar $61
M/ville $76
Pt Noar $76
Marion $86
F/Hill $401

Revised market

ZC as far as the reaction after the Towns Morphies draw goes it was a case of Towns down by 13pts with 4mins left and managed to salvage a point from a seemingly near impossible situation. Therefore a good outcome for Edwardstown. Morphies coughed up a match winning lead by conceding two late goals. Therefore not a good outcome for Morphies.

Well which one is it? Obviously you have an opinion, I can't see how it can be deemed arrogant to explain my opinion as I saw it. As for naive?, not sure where you draw that from either as I realise Towns are a good side BUT how good they are will be determined in September when the real stuff starts.

13pts down with 4 mins left being an "impossible" situation, you are kidding aren't you?
Zelezny Chucks
League - Best 21

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:36 am

Zelezny Chucks wrote:
Jayne wrote:.....from a seemingly near impossible situation.....

....13pts down with 4 mins left being an "impossible" situation, you are kidding aren't you?....
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby Bag The Points » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:42 am

Anyone who under-estimates Edwadstown during the finals series could be in for a rude shock.
The signs are there. I expect to see them actually go up a level when the big stuff starts.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Panther32 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:23 pm

Morphett Vale is definitelt the form team at the moment for me, just have a look at their wins over the teams placed 5th-8th, they have been smashing teams when other contenders are winning by only 5 or 6 goals. They will be very hard to beat.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Down the Hill » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:14 pm

Keep talking up the Emu's guys. Anyone care to look at the ladder and see that Brighton is less than 1% behind MV and we are yet to play Hackham at all this year (we do tomorrow). Percentage is a reflection of your average winning margin relative to what your opponent kicks. The ladder suggests the Emu's have an awesome offence compared to Brighton having an awesome defence. Next weekends blockbuster will surely determine the real odds. At the moment in my mind the order of odds would be: MV, BB, Rey, Cove, Townies, HV. These will probably be the 6 remaining sides after week 1 of finals (assuming HV and Cove avoid each other). I would give Porties, Noarlunga or Morphy Park a show against HV if they met in week 1.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Spangy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:46 pm

Lets just see what happens in the last round against these two sides @ morphies. A draw is a loss for both sides, both teams had the opportunity to win, towns were up by four goals throught the 3rd quarter but morphies being a good team came back. Morphies up by 2 goals with 4 mins to go, townies a good side to come back and just miss out on a win...

Bring on the finals - Im tipping it to be a good september full of action!
Spangy

Grassroots Team: Ramblers

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL