Marion FC

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Marion FC

Postby nearlythere » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:32 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
MR JUICY wrote:1 gr8 ruckman & 2 tad smaller key position / ruckman.
More than the one we have had for the last four or five years to do all the work!
Safe to say Wadey is a happy man to see this! He should be looking forward to having more of an impact in other positions than being rooted in each game we play from rucking full four quarters each week.

Has this ruckman had experience on an AFL list within the past 3 years?? Zed I know "The Potato" and he is a handy player, but would need to raise his game to make an impact in the SFL, which I am sure he is capable of given the right dedication.

potato has been showing some determination to get fit and have a good season already, at training on time every time since signing and contributing as much as the bloke can on the track... definitly making a good impression early LK, should be a good season for the unit.
8)
nearlythere
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby nearlythere » Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:41 pm

white line fever wrote:
nearlythere wrote:
big-whopper wrote:hearing rumours that around 5 karoonda players are keen on marion...any progress there

got some names for us big whopper or are you just trying to stir sh*t???

All we've got atm is that jacob neary fella. so the B grade back pocket should finally have a position.

good luck keepin neary in a back pocket WLF kid looks like a lost dog when he has permanent residency in his defencive 50-J.Bell might have to teach him a thing or two at training IF he ever makes it! :roll:
nearlythere
Mini-League

Postby big-whopper » Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:35 pm

white line fever wrote:
nearlythere wrote:
big-whopper wrote:hearing rumours that around 5 karoonda players are keen on marion...any progress there

All we've got atm is that jacob neary fella. so the B grade back pocket should finally have a position.

looks like your b grade will be needing to play in sunglasses next season... is one pasty coloured boy....very quick too
big-whopper
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby White Line Fever » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:10 pm

big-whopper wrote:
white line fever wrote:
nearlythere wrote:

looks like your b grade will be needing to play in sunglasses next season... is one pasty coloured boy....very quick too

apparently he wears white skins to training but no1 can tell!
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby school boy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:10 am

saw smithy out for a run the other day, must be on some serious coin or something
school boy
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby special » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:14 am

school boy wrote:saw smithy out for a run the other day, must be on some serious coin or something

smithy is the type of bloke that has had semi $ payed to him but now his mind set is to give to his new club in any way he can. $ is not on the egenda for brad as i know he has offered his match payments back to the club already. This wont happen because the club and management know how much of an influance brad will be over the next 10 years at marion and he is still worth a few bob as you will again see this year and with marions draw my tip if a TON if fit this year from brad the unit smith.

The puppet man :shock:
special
Rookie

Postby school boy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:17 pm

special wrote:
school boy wrote:saw smithy out for a run the other day, must be on some serious coin or something

smithy is the type of bloke that has had semi $ payed to him but now his mind set is to give to his new club in any way he can. $ is not on the egenda for brad as i know he has offered his match payments back to the club already. This wont happen because the club and management know how much of an influance brad will be over the next 10 years at marion and he is still worth a few bob as you will again see this year and with marions draw my tip if a TON if fit this year from brad the unit smith.

relax champ, was having a crack about him doing his own training, doesn't really seem like something he would have done in the past. Don't get to serious on us mate
school boy
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Moe » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:24 am

special wrote:

Settle down lovey!
Lets be honest, there is alot of $$$ going around at this club this year.
If you do not make a big impact on the top 3-5 this year, it will make some people at your club very upset.
I know very very well how your club works. The coach (who is a very decent bloke) is on a hiding to nothing!
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby MR JUICY » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:45 am

Still lot less than what was spent at yours last year I am predicting. More about building our player stocks that needed to be done. Also nothing done that we cannot afford in the future. Smart recruiting not unaffordable spending. :lol:
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby special » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:50 am

school boy wrote:
special wrote:

relax champ, was having a crack about him doing his own training, doesn't really seem like something he would have done in the past. Don't get to serious on us mate[/quote
(dont get serious on us mate) if your not serious mate then you have problems. see ya on the bottom of the ladder
special
Rookie

Postby special » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:52 am

Moe wrote:
special wrote:

Settle down lovey!
Lets be honest, there is alot of $$$ going around at this club this year.
If you do not make a big impact on the top 3-5 this year, it will make some people at your club very upset.
I know very very well how your club works. The coach (who is a very decent bloke) is on a hiding to nothing!

(Settle down lovey)any more settling down their at parks and you wont have a side
special
Rookie

Postby special » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:13 am

any other news out their regarding numbers at training new imports etc
special
Rookie

Postby nearlythere » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:37 pm

exciting stuff on the marion page.... not much news for you special regarding training (from what i hear) except for exelby lookin in as good a shape as he was in '99 wen he took home the medal, underwood-improving fast, might sneak in a cheeky a grade game or two ;) and all others showing real enthusiasm on the track (when there) 18's also looking in good shape....
nearlythere
Mini-League

Postby big-whopper » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:54 am

any truth to the quiet whisper that marion are in talks with country ruckman Bevan Popolupis?
would be a handy pick up, very agile and great tap ruckman
big-whopper
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Meningie

Postby special » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:27 pm

nearlythere wrote:exciting stuff on the marion page.... not much news for you special regarding training (from what i hear) except for exelby lookin in as good a shape as he was in '99 wen he took home the medal, underwood-improving fast, might sneak in a cheeky a grade game or two ;) and all others showing real enthusiasm on the track (when there) 18's also looking in good shape....

underwood who is he were is he from what possie played
special
Rookie

Postby GWW » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:46 pm

A few posts on this thread have needed to be edited/deleted. Please keep the chat on here civil and on topic

Thanks
GWW
on behalf of the moderating team
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby nearlythere » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:32 am

underwood from brighton played on a wing and in the middle i think
nearlythere
Mini-League

Postby special » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:00 pm

nearlythere wrote:exciting stuff on the marion page.... not much news for you special regarding training (from what i hear) except for exelby lookin in as good a shape as he was in '99 wen he took home the medal, underwood-improving fast, might sneak in a cheeky a grade game or two ;) and all others showing real enthusiasm on the track (when there) 18's also looking in good shape....

has exelby ever not looked good tanned body and no fat wish i was a helmet lol
special
Rookie

Postby Moe » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:04 pm

special wrote:

has exelby ever not looked good tanned body and no fat wish i was a helmet lol

Errrrr........Now this does worry me a tad :?
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby special » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:10 pm

sorry should have said he is as fit as his fiddle

or in good shape for whats to come a head
special
Rookie