Greatest full forwards of the Southern League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Who is the greatest full forward of the past decade

Poll ended at Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:06 pm

Scott Pollard
39%
Brendan McKeough
4%
Bomber Ryan
32%
Dion Hibberd
7%
Matt Golding
3%
Duncan Draper
3%
Clint Draper
No votes
Brad Smith
4%
Clint Godwin
4%
Jason Schuetz
No votes
Rowan Waugh
No votes
Brett Mannion
3%
Dan Butcher
1%

Total votes : 72

Re: Greatest full forwards of the Southern League

Postby & Pigs Fly » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:10 am

the_big_bang wrote:
& Pigs Fly wrote:Godwin for me! I'd rather him be on my side than the opposition!! :) :prayer: :prayer: To the great mans defence, he would get sgragged etc and he would then give the full back plenty of warnings (or three) about not roughing him up! the full back would try it one more time ... only to find themselves laying on the ground wondering what had just happened! so yes he did hav white line fever but he warned his opponeent before he smacked them! I think that is fair, don't you ?? all he wanted to do was play fair one on one footy !!

well, no, it's not fair. if the defender that was "roughing him up" was doing so within the rules, then it is not fair to smack him! dosnt matter how many warnings he gave! it's still shouldnt be allowed!

tbb no wonder you guys can't even beat Hackham! If you're just going to stand there and let someone dictate to you how the day is going to go, no wonder you are losers.[/quote]

first of all dipsh!t, i dont play. secondly, how is playing by the rules and not being a dirty scumbag make me a loser? would rather lose and be known as a fair and honest player than win and have people talk of me as a dirty player. w@nker[/quote]

"dipsh!t", "dirty scumbag" and "w@nker" well I'm so hurt! I've been called much worse than that and would rather be called anything other than loser. That's probably about as tough as you get thou. I would rather stick up for myself on the footy field than just bend over and take it from behind week in and week out like you blokes. With people like you around the club with that sort of attitude you will always be losers.[/quote]

i'm not saying i dont stick up for myself or my team mates.if someone hits me or a mate of mine, i'm in just as quick as anyone. what i would never do is be the first one to throw a punch, because as i said, i'd rather lose than be known as dirty. and supporting a losing side makes me a loser does it? wouldnt mind sticking you in a room full of melbourne, north melbourne, fremantle and west coast supporters and calling them a pack of losers. i'm proud as punch to let everyone know i love the Aldinga Footy Club,. do you have any idea how easy it would be to just up and leave the club over the last few years we've had? it took me nearly 3 full seasons to wins a game wearing the black and gold. would you have stuck it out in times like that? considering you'd rather be called a "dirty scumbag" than a "loser", i think not.[/quote]

Well ttb I'll just count my premiership medals and you can wallow in self pity and continue to be a loser.
& Pigs Fly
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby MatteeG » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:23 am

Who are your premiership medals with Pigsy? We cant see what club(s) you are associated with...

Although I must admit it is pretty impressive to sledge someone from the Sharks...may not be a loser in footy (we cant tell- you have all the attributes of a keyboard warrior), but you are a loser here....
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dazza44 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:13 am

Axle Rose wrote:
ball breaker wrote:
vics01 wrote:Scott Pollard a very good Full Forward playing in a very good team.
Bomber Ryan a very very good Full Forward playing in a good team.

Bomber Ryan was a brilliant forward always seemed to have time and grace for a big bloke read the ball a fraction better than Scott Pollard, not much between them.
Just when you thought Bomber was gone he would appear and take the grab (and give off)

If I remember correctly Pollard kicked six in a losing grand final pretty fair effort in a game where nothing went right for his team. (memory might be a little blurred due to a tooheys or two on the day) Bomber a gentleman, great footy brain and the best kick of a footy I have seen at this level of footy.

Must not forget the bloke who I think is the toughest FF I have seen at this level Clint (White Line) Godwin, kicked goals in the SFL and GSFL. Not far behind Bomber and Pollard for mind.

Where Bomber was nice Godwin was a nasty tough unit on the ground but a gentleman off.

Godwin for me! I'd rather him be on my side than the opposition!! :) :prayer: :prayer: To the great mans defence, he would get sgragged etc and he would then give the full back plenty of warnings (or three) about not roughing him up! the full back would try it one more time ... only to find themselves laying on the ground wondering what had just happened! so yes he did hav white line fever but he warned his opponeent before he smacked them! I think that is fair, don't you ?? all he wanted to do was play fair one on one footy !!

Must be a different bloke to the one i saw on sunday playing c grade at reynella. Ball was a hundred metres away and he decided he needed to start punching a 19 yr old that was minding his own business. Perhaps he's just got old and cranky but to punch a kid that far off the play in c grade footy is pretty weak.

Nah ... Goddy was a great footballer in his day, tough as anyone - and has proved this year he can still dominate a C Grade game !!!
But his best days were long before the last 10 years. kicked a ton for Flaggies in the mid 90's (and I think for Valleys beforre that), then went to Langhorne Creek and made a belated comeback to play a couple of seasons with Brighton. But his best was definately in the 90's so wouldn't really figure in this ... and yes he was tough and intimidating ... and made a mess of a few young defenders in his time :)
Dazza44
Rookie

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby the big bang » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:37 am

& Pigs Fly wrote:
the_big_bang wrote:
& Pigs Fly wrote:Godwin for me! I'd rather him be on my side than the opposition!! :) :prayer: :prayer: To the great mans defence, he would get sgragged etc and he would then give the full back plenty of warnings (or three) about not roughing him up! the full back would try it one more time ... only to find themselves laying on the ground wondering what had just happened! so yes he did hav white line fever but he warned his opponeent before he smacked them! I think that is fair, don't you ?? all he wanted to do was play fair one on one footy !!

well, no, it's not fair. if the defender that was "roughing him up" was doing so within the rules, then it is not fair to smack him! dosnt matter how many warnings he gave! it's still shouldnt be allowed!

tbb no wonder you guys can't even beat Hackham! If you're just going to stand there and let someone dictate to you how the day is going to go, no wonder you are losers.

first of all dipsh!t, i dont play. secondly, how is playing by the rules and not being a dirty scumbag make me a loser? would rather lose and be known as a fair and honest player than win and have people talk of me as a dirty player. w@nker[/quote]

"dipsh!t", "dirty scumbag" and "w@nker" well I'm so hurt! I've been called much worse than that and would rather be called anything other than loser. That's probably about as tough as you get thou. I would rather stick up for myself on the footy field than just bend over and take it from behind week in and week out like you blokes. With people like you around the club with that sort of attitude you will always be losers.[/quote]

i'm not saying i dont stick up for myself or my team mates.if someone hits me or a mate of mine, i'm in just as quick as anyone. what i would never do is be the first one to throw a punch, because as i said, i'd rather lose than be known as dirty. and supporting a losing side makes me a loser does it? wouldnt mind sticking you in a room full of melbourne, north melbourne, fremantle and west coast supporters and calling them a pack of losers. i'm proud as punch to let everyone know i love the Aldinga Footy Club,. do you have any idea how easy it would be to just up and leave the club over the last few years we've had? it took me nearly 3 full seasons to wins a game wearing the black and gold. would you have stuck it out in times like that? considering you'd rather be called a "dirty scumbag" than a "loser", i think not.[/quote]

Well ttb I'll just count my premiership medals and you can wallow in self pity and continue to be a loser.[/quote]

wallow in self pity? you are a fool. no self pity here mate. as i said, i'm proud as punch to be associated with the Aldinga Football Club.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times

Postby & Pigs Fly » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:15 pm

MatteeG, flaggies are only a few wins above the sharks, what can I say??
& Pigs Fly
Mini-League

Postby the big bang » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:28 pm

& Pigs Fly wrote:MatteeG, flaggies are only a few wins above the sharks, what can I say??

what can you say? i suggest you say nothing. if you're just going to go around bagging out players/supporters of clubs that aren't premiership contenders, you really are going to look silly mate. there needs to be a bottom-of-the-ladder team, just like there will be a premiership team. it's the way it works. obviously we dont like losing, and if you do have premiership medallions as you say you have, then i guess you have no idea what it's like to be at a club thats not playing finals.

so go on bud, keep giving struggling clubs sh!t and see where that gets ya.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby Turbo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:40 pm

MatteeG wrote:Who are your premiership medals with Pigsy? We cant see what club(s) you are associated with...

Although I must admit it is pretty impressive to sledge someone from the Sharks...may not be a loser in footy (we cant tell- you have all the attributes of a keyboard warrior), but you are a loser here....

I agree, all teams have there down years. Its easy to slag those teams off when you won't even display which team you are affiliated with. Matteg and big bang I wouldn't even bother with peanuts like this
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby AFLflyer » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:17 pm

Turbo wrote:
MatteeG wrote:Who are your premiership medals with Pigsy? We cant see what club(s) you are associated with...

I agree, all teams have there down years. Its easy to slag those teams off when you won't even display which team you are affiliated with. Matteg and big bang I wouldn't even bother with peanuts like this

far out - pigs fly your a tool. good work TBB. i know the one who looks the fool after that little banter
AFLflyer
League - Best 21

Been liked: 3 times

Postby the big bang » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:39 pm

AFLflyer wrote:
Turbo wrote:

far out - pigs fly your a tool. good work TBB. i know the one who looks the fool after that little banter

my pleasure! :lol:
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby MatteeG » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:08 am

Turbo wrote:

Stop talking sense Turbo- I'm starting to agree with you! 8)
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times

Postby Turbo » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:59 am

MatteeG wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Stop talking sense Turbo- I'm starting to agree with you! 8)

:) :) :)
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby & Pigs Fly » Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:23 am

AFLflyer wrote:
Turbo wrote:

a south adelaide supporter......................another winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
& Pigs Fly
Mini-League

Postby Turbo » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:31 am

& Pigs Fly wrote:
AFLflyer wrote:
Turbo wrote:

a south adelaide supporter......................another winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby the big bang » Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:17 am

& Pigs Fly wrote:
AFLflyer wrote:
Turbo wrote:

keep diggin' mate...........keep diggin!
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Postby Slammer » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Godwin for me! I'd rather him be on my side than the opposition!! :) :prayer: :prayer: To the great mans defence, he would get sgragged etc and he would then give the full back plenty of warnings (or three) about not roughing him up! the full back would try it one more time ... only to find themselves laying on the ground wondering what had just happened! so yes he did hav white line fever but he warned his opponeent before he smacked them! I think that is fair, don't you ?? all he wanted to do was play fair one on one footy !![/quote]

Must be a different bloke to the one i saw on sunday playing c grade at reynella. Ball was a hundred metres away and he decided he needed to start punching a 19 yr old that was minding his own business. Perhaps he's just got old and cranky but to punch a kid that far off the play in c grade footy is pretty weak.[/quote]

Nah ... Goddy was a great footballer in his day, tough as anyone - and has proved this year he can still dominate a C Grade game !!!
But his best days were long before the last 10 years. kicked a ton for Flaggies in the mid 90's (and I think for Valleys beforre that), then went to Langhorne Creek and made a belated comeback to play a couple of seasons with Brighton. But his best was definately in the 90's so wouldn't really figure in this ... and yes he was tough and intimidating ... and made a mess of a few young defenders in his time :)[/quote]

He tried to be tough and intimidating on the weekend again when the game was all but over and pulled the hair of a Valley defender from behind purely because he had bumped him legitemately. There are better ways of being tough and intimidating than the way he has always played his footy.
Even though he is a policeman i believe he was nearly going to be taken to court over an off the ball incident in the GSFL years ago.
Slammer

Postby smithy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:35 pm

& Pigs Fly wrote:
AFLflyer wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Back on topic thanks.
smithy

Postby ball breaker » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:55 pm

He tried to be tough and intimidating on the weekend again when the game was all but over and pulled the hair of a Valley defender from behind purely because he had bumped him legitemately. There are better ways of being tough and intimidating than the way he has always played his footy.
Even though he is a policeman i believe he was nearly going to be taken to court over an off the ball incident in the GSFL years ago.[/quote]

You BELIEVE ... in other words you have NO IDEA ... unless you know what happens mate i suggest you refrain from commenting ... you are starting to sound like that NUMPTY that works for channel nine ... what's his name ... CRAIG HUTCHISON ... :weedman: [-X [-X
ball breaker
Under 16s

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby vics01 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:55 am

SLAMMER
Even though he is a policeman i believe he was nearly going to be taken to court over an off the ball incident in the GSFL years ago.

Is that like we nearly won? It just didn't happen!! :oops:

Maybe he just played footy when it was played by men. Sounds like you played 4/5/ footy Slammer
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Slammer » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:42 pm

vics01 wrote:
SLAMMER

Is that like we nearly won? It just didn't happen!! :oops:

Maybe he just played footy when it was played by men. Sounds like you played 4/5/ footy Slammer

Always like the footy to be hard and tough Vics, just not the sniping or off the ball incidents etc. Godwin is tough enough to not need to do that sort of stuff but STILL finds the need to do it. I think he would be playing this Saturday night in the C grade grand final, might be interesting to go have a watch and see.
Slammer

Postby emerson » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:34 pm

ball breaker wrote:He tried to be tough and intimidating on the weekend again when the game was all but over and pulled the hair of a Valley defender from behind purely because he had bumped him legitemately. There are better ways of being tough and intimidating than the way he has always played his footy.

You BELIEVE ... in other words you have NO IDEA ... unless you know what happens mate i suggest you refrain from commenting ... you are starting to sound like that NUMPTY that works for channel nine ... what's his name ... CRAIG HUTCHISON ... :weedman: [-X [-X[/quote]

I think you'll find he is a male escort, or he was last time I had a beer with him. I had to drive him to a few jobs one night.
Has anyone seen Sammy G, the KING of Teringie.
emerson
Under 16s

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL