2009 Mail Medal

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: 2009 Mail Medal

Postby WHEELS&DEALS » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:11 am

Anway, well done to big S$b. As stated earlier, his prepaartion for his clubs Elimination Final was far from perfect. I've heard a whisper there may have been some finals week financial issues between club and certain $$$$ players that caused a little unrest down at the Roo. Any comment Wheels and Deals.[/quote]

Congrats to big seb on the win, he was a stand out all year. No unrest or problems down at Roo Park DTH, thanks for being concerned. We are full steam ahead for 2010 and intend to keep climbing up the ladder. No financial issues to worry about, the club is going along very nicely.
WHEELS&DEALS
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby shoe boy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:12 am

Port Elliot got a gig on the night playing Townies? and the Morph Park V Morph Park must of been an interesting game?
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Bag The Points » Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:37 am

Slammer wrote:
Bag The Points wrote:
Kart Horse wrote:
Slammer wrote:Round 15 Cove v Lonsdale, Cove 24.19 def Lonsdale 11.7, 3 votes were awarded to a Lonsdale player in this match, now come on you can't be serious, these umpires cannot be taking this medal seriously if they were to adjudge a Lonsdale player best afield in a 15 goal drubbing. Lift your game men in white/yellow/orange/green. Simply not good enough

best for Lonsdale that week were: K. MCINTYRE, S. MURPHY, B. KEMPSTER
and for Cove: D. REAVILL, A. BASIR, C. BEVAN. D Reavill kicked 7 goals. Which Lonsdale got the votes?

If it was Kane McIntyre I can see how he could still be best on ground despite the scores. This crap about "losing team can't have the BOG" is total garbage. Sure, it would naturally follow that a whalloping like that would have BOG from winning side MOST TIMES, but a player from the losing side is not impossible. I'd suggest Blake Mosar from Hackham could have actually been the best man on the park at least once or twice this year, but his team around him were so far below the oppsition his great game still can't get them up. Your team could be playing so poorly no blinder by you can change the result or even get you closer.
Give the umps some credit for noticing it.

BTP i totally agree players from the losing team can get BOG, just not in a flogging like that and 43 scoring shots to 18. surely there was someone in Cove that was better than Kane on that day.

Why not ? One player can't get a team up. Even Steve Prescott last week needed the other Reynella players to go with him.
Even a sixty-goal flogging does not mean the BOG has to be from the winning side. One man could still be turning it on and not getting any help.
According to the umpires this was one such case, and I accept their judgement
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Bomberland » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:52 pm

white line fever wrote:Ask cove what he was like. That was his best game of year!!

ryan wade is a hugely talented footballer, and a good fella. if he worked harder he could have been anything. imagine running around 6'6" and being agile and relatively fast, with some skill. that doesn't grow on trees!

but in relation to your statement I think you'll find Gill and Size did not play that day.
There are very few ruckmen in the league he has trouble with but Short (MV), Gill, and Size (Cove) would be the ones
Bomberland
Mini-League

Postby Bomberland » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:56 pm

MR JUICY wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but the last time the Mail Medal was shared was Mark Jolly (BDOS) & Daniel Exelby (Marion) in 1999. 8)

corrected Mr Juicy. i think you'll find your brother won it in 2001 or 2002 in a tie with Dale Betterman from brighton. share the love.
Bomberland
Mini-League

Postby MR JUICY » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:58 pm

Those dam Exelby's - they are good at sharing the love!! - My brother - what are you on about bomberland???? :shock:
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby Bomberland » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:37 pm

there is only one boisterous st kilda-marion supporter, who says 'get a spoon'. i know who you are!
Bomberland
Mini-League

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL