2009 Mail Medal

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

2009 Mail Medal

Postby shoe boy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 am

Who is the winner for 2009????

A Grade the top 6 vote winners are.

Todd Johnstone (Brighton)
Joshua Vick (Cove)
Ryan Wade (Marion)
Braden Bayly (M/Vale)
Nathan Bayly (M/Vale)
Sebastian Guilhaus (M/Park)

B Grade top 6 vote winners are.

Simon Vette (C/Beach)
Anthony Farrugia (Cove)
Anthony May (Edwardstown)
Shane Clark (Lonsdale)
Ryan Campbell (M/Vale)
Stewart Alderman (Noarlunga)

C Grade top 6 vote winners are.

Sam Harding (Brighton)
Michael Richmond (Cove)
Jonas Grocock (H/Valley)
Jason Lohmann (H/Valley)
Paul Hayford (M/Vale)
Scott Howell (M/Vale)

Juniors are selected in teams of the year and the medal winner will be selected from these squads.

Good luck,my tip is last years winner T Johnstone.
Last edited by shoe boy on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Re: 2009 Mail Medal

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:44 am

Do you have the other grades as well?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:27 am

I really hate the "Top Six" invitation. Spoils the whole night knowing only some-one from those six can win it. The mystery has been destroyed.
Sure there is a risk the winner may not be present, but the odd times that would happen some-one from their club would have to accept for him. Lesser of two evils in my opinion.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby MatteeG » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:52 am

I hope the Rhino gets up for the B Grade- A great fella!
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby asert » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:08 pm

ryan wade are you serious... youd think smith would have beaten him for sure let alone being top 6 in the league.
youd have to think it would be seb then johnstone then the bayleys only from taking each others votes then vick only cos he played hardly any games. but hey bachy proved that a few years ago anything can happen.
with the juniors looks good in leather they do a team of the year and they are who the medallist is out of. noone has a chance in the 14s with brendon hillier anyway ive never seen anyone dominate a grade the way he did this year its like an a grader running around in u14s
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby White Line Fever » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:25 pm

asert wrote:ryan wade are you serious... youd think smith would have beaten him for sure let alone being top 6 in the league.
youd have to think it would be seb then johnstone then the bayleys only from taking each others votes then vick only cos he played hardly any games. but hey bachy proved that a few years ago anything can happen.
with the juniors looks good in leather they do a team of the year and they are who the medallist is out of. noone has a chance in the 14s with brendon hillier anyway ive never seen anyone dominate a grade the way he did this year its like an a grader running around in u14s
Biggest improver down at Rams well done Ryan Wade hope you take it out!!

Ryan Wade had a fantastic year!!! i don't know any other 6 foot 6 big man in league who can kick 70m perfect drop punts and can run down on-ballers over 40ish metres. Great tap ruckman and this year started taking grabs around the ground. In his duels with seb 1st time wadey smashed him 2nd time I'd say broke even!!
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby The Lova » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Bag The Points wrote:I really hate the "Top Six" invitation. Spoils the whole night knowing only some-one from those six can win it. The mystery has been destroyed.
Sure there is a risk the winner may not be present, but the odd times that would happen some-one from their club would have to accept for him. Lesser of two evils in my opinion.

What the GSFL do is the way to go IMHO. Dont they invite 2 players from every club. thats means 32 players are "invited" and the winner come from that. heaps better and keeps alot more suspense for the count.
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby Kart Horse » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:13 pm

How could u possibly have a guess at who will win when its voted on by the umpires! If I had to guess I would pick it by who was most damaging against us.
1- Bayley no13 (sorry never remember which is which)
2- Bayley no3
3- Seb
4- Todd J
5- Wade
We played cove early so Vick didnt play! On past years Vick top 2. Has he played enough games. Says 14 games on SFL web site but does that include the final on the weekend?
Kart Horse
Rookie

Postby MR JUICY » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Been watching Marion all year Asert! Smithy a good year yes, but how does the ball get down to him. Starts in the middle and big Wadey has had a ripper year this year. Maybe not against you blokes the one time we played you - but he has been extremely good in 2009. I would think he would be right up there in the top 3. How many Flaggy blokes in there out of interest. Not you I wouldn't think. If only mail medals were won on whinging and bitching on forums.
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby t express » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:18 pm

big seb for me,not too many blokes to steel votes from the big overgrown man child
t express
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby asert » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:20 pm

wasnt bagging just suprised and stated that with smithy kicking so many in fewer games he would have stood out more is all.yes we played you once and in my opinion he didnt play in mail medal form its also suprising that a top 6 came from a lower placed club
asert
League Bench Warmer

Postby MR JUICY » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:26 pm

My tip for the order of the MIGHTY MAIL MEDAL 09:

1) Seb Man Child
2) Wadey
I do seriously think it will be maybe out of these two as not many vote stealers in each side
3) Todd J
4) Bayly 13
5) Bayly 3
Think the Brighton & m/Vale lads will have too many stealing votes
Just my thoughts but I think this could be one of the closest counts for the whole top 6 for a while. We will wait and see - can't wait to sink some frothies on the night - Mail medals are a fantastic thing to win that is for sure - prestigous - and you can't beat the drive around the SANFL grand final - they do still do that don't they!!!!

Good luck to all the fella's nominated on a top year for their clubs
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Postby MR JUICY » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Oops forgot Vick didn't I - slide him in 4th and drop down Bayly's

Good luck again to all the contenders
MR JUICY
Under 16s

Postby Panther32 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:25 pm

My guess will be Nathan Bayly for the medal with Seb not too far behind him. The other thing standing in the way of Bayly winning it is if the umpires got confused and gave it to the wrong Bayly!!!
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby The Lova » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:27 pm

MR JUICY wrote:My tip for the order of the MIGHTY MAIL MEDAL 09:

1) Seb Man Child
2) Wadey
I do seriously think it will be maybe out of these two as not many vote stealers in each side
3) Todd J
4) Bayly 13
5) Bayly 3
Think the Brighton & m/Vale lads will have too many stealing votes
Just my thoughts but I think this could be one of the closest counts for the whole top 6 for a while. We will wait and see - can't wait to sink some frothies on the night - Mail medals are a fantastic thing to win that is for sure - prestigous - and you can't beat the drive around the SANFL grand final - they do still do that don't they!!!!

Good luck to all the fella's nominated on a top year for their clubs

Not sure on your order but Im gonna stick my neck out and say there will be 2 winners this year. when was the last time this happened???? robinson and someone in the 90's???
Beat the whites of eggs with a pinch of salt until stiff...Continue beating, gradually adding sugar, vinegar and vanilla, until of thick consistency.
The Lova
Under 16s

Postby Specky McGee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:44 pm

If Ryan Wade wins the medal, surely he'll have to be re-nicknamed Shane Woewodin..........
Specky McGee
Under 16s

Postby The Lova » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:47 pm

Specky McGee wrote:If Ryan Wade wins the medal, surely he'll have to be re-nicknamed Shane Woewodin..........

GOLD!!!!!!! :D :D :D
The Lova
Under 16s

Postby special » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:25 pm

white line fever wrote:
asert wrote:ryan wade are you serious... youd think smith would have beaten him for sure let alone being top 6 in the league.
Biggest improver down at Rams well done Ryan Wade hope you take it out!!

Ryan Wade had a fantastic year!!! i don't know any other 6 foot 6 big man in league who can kick 70m perfect drop punts and can run down on-ballers over 40ish metres. Great tap ruckman and this year started taking grabs around the ground. In his duels with seb 1st time wadey smashed him 2nd time I'd say broke even!!

dont think wadeo will win but with seb moving on next year to have a crack at leauge footy again i believe the the number one ruckman is now ryan wade so it now looks like marion will have to up his salary as its been well deserved and just think if seb stayed at marion this year to help out ryan wow what a different year it would have been for the rams
special
Rookie

Postby White Line Fever » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:04 pm

Specky McGee wrote:If Ryan Wade wins the medal, surely he'll have to be re-nicknamed Shane Woewodin..........

Tell me specky...
1. How many Marion games did you watch this year?
2. How many games did you umpire?

If my guess is correct, then I think it's a weak effort to bag any of the top 6.
They are all fantastic footballers who have had a top year and congratulations to them all.
No one flukes a Mail Medal... unless he's been in the votes room with the white-out :lol: :lol:
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby the big bang » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:23 pm

The Lova wrote:
Bag The Points wrote:I really hate the "Top Six" invitation. Spoils the whole night knowing only some-one from those six can win it. The mystery has been destroyed.

What the GSFL do is the way to go IMHO. Dont they invite 2 players from every club. thats means 32 players are "invited" and the winner come from that. heaps better and keeps alot more suspense for the count.

pretty sure it's something like that, and yes, i agree, would be way better.
wuuuzzzzz
the big bang
League - Top 5

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 9 times

Next

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL