2009 Mail Medal

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: 2009 Mail Medal

Postby & Pigs Fly » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:36 am

It really gets embarrassing attending SFL Medal Counts. How many stuff ups tonight? When will they get their act together and actually check things PROPERLY before the night?????
& Pigs Fly
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby footy1992 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:56 am

i hear "football" was incorrectly spelt on the certificate of the u/16 leading goal kicker! Spelt "footabll"... deplorable
footy1992
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Ogilthorpe » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:21 am

Despite a few very minor hiccups thought it was a good night. Good to see all the young fellas individually acknowledged for their respective teams of the year, after all thats where all of our clubs futures lie, hope to watch most of them still playing in 5 or so years time.

Congrats to the medal winners, all well deserved and have done their clubs proud.

Great to see a couple of the big blokes battling it out for the Mail Medal, tough job every week, about time they got some recognition. Would be great to see Seb and Wadey going at it again next year, this year I think Wadey won the battle but Seb won the war.

Good luck to those lucky (or good) enough to be playing this weekend!!
Ogilthorpe
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:56 am

The name pronunciations were an absolute joke again.
They know who the names are going to be. How hard is it to spend a few minutes before-hand running over some of the tougher ones so that they at least get close to saying the name right.
Frank "Rosmino" --- you've got to be joking.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Rush a Point » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:12 am

footy1992 wrote:i hear "football" was incorrectly spelt on the certificate of the u/16 leading goal kicker! Spelt "footabll"... deplorable

I hear the word football was incorrect spelt on all the trophies for the Leading Goalkickers and Best Team Man Awards.
Rush a Point

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Kart Horse » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:35 am

does anyone know the u18, u16 & u14 winners?
Kart Horse
Rookie

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:01 am

I loved when Port Elliot joined the league and when Morphettville played with themselves
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:13 am

Kart Horse wrote:does anyone know the u18, u16 & u14 winners?

Under-18- S.Houweling (Cove)
Under-16- J.Lane (Cove)
Under-14- B.Hillier (Flagstaff)
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Down the Hill » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:46 am

The plus for the night was that after looking as though it would drag on for a while they actaully got through things quite well. Yes, there were a few minor blues with graphics and Craig Warman's butchering of certain names but I thought the SFL did OK. I didn't mind how they presented the votes for the minor grades but please leave them all on the screen for a while so they can be digested. On the goalkicking and team man trophies, what on earth happened there. On most trophies football was spelt either "footabll" or "footbal". At least the names were spelt correctly but if the engraver took care to get that right how can you get one of the easiest words in the English language wrong. Were they done by an Indian Call Centre ?

Anway, well done to big S$b. As stated earlier, his prepaartion for his clubs Elimination Final was far from perfect. I've heard a whisper there may have been some finals week financial issues between club and certain $$$$ players that caused a little unrest down at the Roo. Any comment Wheels and Deals.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:21 pm

The Lova wrote:Just a question to see if anyone knows how the champion club of the year is worked out???????

Reynella got the club of the year for 2009 for the overall success of every team in every grade at the end of the minor round
just a quick comparison (in which you would think the senior grades would be weighted slightly higher) but none the less here goes

................MVFC............Reynella
A grade........1 ..................4
B grade........1 .................6
C grade........1 ...............no team
U18s ...........5 ............... 4
U16s ...........2 ................ 5
U16 Sun.......6 ................ 3
U14s ...........6 ................. 2
U14 Sun.......6 ................ 5

7 teams from each side participated in finals.
Clearly morphett vale finished higher in most grades espicially senior.
Can anyone come up with a logical explanation or formula that explains this.
May sound like sour grapes but am just curious because I cannot work this out.

I guess it could be worse Port elliot could have won it apparently they play in the "SOUTHERN FOOTABLL LEAGUE" now. :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll:

Also a big congrats to Paul Hayford for his C grade medal.

This has got me totally baffled. At first I thought it must be covering Saturday grades only, but if so, Morphett Vale have clearly the better allround record. If Sunday is included, surely Brighton beats them. Could it be percentages or total wins ? :shock:
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:38 pm

Just had a look at percentages. and I reckon that could be it ---- average percentage per team.
Brighton's Saturday Sixteens and Fourteens dragged theirs right down, and Morphett's Sunday Colts dragged theirs right down.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby Axle Rose » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:46 pm

Down the Hill wrote:The plus for the night was that after looking as though it would drag on for a while they actaully got through things quite well. Yes, there were a few minor blues with graphics and Craig Warman's butchering of certain names but I thought the SFL did OK. I didn't mind how they presented the votes for the minor grades but please leave them all on the screen for a while so they can be digested. On the goalkicking and team man trophies, what on earth happened there. On most trophies football was spelt either "footabll" or "footbal". At least the names were spelt correctly but if the engraver took care to get that right how can you get one of the easiest words in the English language wrong. Were they done by an Indian Call Centre ?

Anway, well done to big S$b. As stated earlier, his prepaartion for his clubs Elimination Final was far from perfect. I've heard a whisper there may have been some finals week financial issues between club and certain $$$$ players that caused a little unrest down at the Roo. Any comment Wheels and Deals.

Agree DTH, thought we were going to be in for a long night, but things stayed pretty close to schedule. Some minor problems, but overall a good night. Good to see a couple of so called geriatrics winning the b's and c's medals, and well done to all winners.
Axle Rose
Rookie

Been liked: 1 time

Postby turning circle » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:52 pm

is there anywhere you can get the entire vote list for both a and b grade???

and well done seb. he is huge!!!
turning circle

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:17 pm

turning circle wrote:is there anywhere you can get the entire vote list for both a and b grade???

and well done seb. he is huge!!!

All I can suggest is ringing the League. They don't even give a copy to "The Southern Boot".
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby turning circle » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:34 pm

thats rediculous. but not surprising unfortunately.

but just incase anyone from the boot is reading ;) another fantastic year. we really do appreciate it
turning circle

Postby Slammer » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:26 pm

Round 15 Cove v Lonsdale, Cove 24.19 def Lonsdale 11.7, 3 votes were awarded to a Lonsdale player in this match, now come on you can't be serious, these umpires cannot be taking this medal seriously if they were to adjudge a Lonsdale player best afield in a 15 goal drubbing. Lift your game men in white/yellow/orange/green. Simply not good enough
Slammer

Postby Kart Horse » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Slammer wrote:Round 15 Cove v Lonsdale, Cove 24.19 def Lonsdale 11.7, 3 votes were awarded to a Lonsdale player in this match, now come on you can't be serious, these umpires cannot be taking this medal seriously if they were to adjudge a Lonsdale player best afield in a 15 goal drubbing. Lift your game men in white/yellow/orange/green. Simply not good enough

best for Lonsdale that week were: K. MCINTYRE, S. MURPHY, B. KEMPSTER
and for Cove: D. REAVILL, A. BASIR, C. BEVAN. D Reavill kicked 7 goals. Which Lonsdale got the votes?
Kart Horse
Rookie

Postby Bag The Points » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:24 pm

Kart Horse wrote:
Slammer wrote:Round 15 Cove v Lonsdale, Cove 24.19 def Lonsdale 11.7, 3 votes were awarded to a Lonsdale player in this match, now come on you can't be serious, these umpires cannot be taking this medal seriously if they were to adjudge a Lonsdale player best afield in a 15 goal drubbing. Lift your game men in white/yellow/orange/green. Simply not good enough

and for Cove: D. REAVILL, A. BASIR, C. BEVAN. D Reavill kicked 7 goals. Which Lonsdale got the votes?

If it was Kane McIntyre I can see how he could still be best on ground despite the scores. This crap about "losing team can't have the BOG" is total garbage. Sure, it would naturally follow that a whalloping like that would have BOG from winning side MOST TIMES, but a player from the losing side is not impossible. I'd suggest Blake Mosar from Hackham could have actually been the best man on the park at least once or twice this year, but his team around him were so far below the oppsition his great game still can't get them up. Your team could be playing so poorly no blinder by you can change the result or even get you closer.
Give the umps some credit for noticing it.
Bag The Points
League Bench Warmer

Postby White Line Fever » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:39 pm

It was a great night, pretty funny when they forgot the last name of Matthew Martin from Port when thanking him!!
Well done to all winners!!
A-Grade Top 10
1 Sebastian Guilhous MVP 28
2 Ryan Wade MARION 27
3 Nathan Bayly MV 23
4 Braden Bayly MV 21
5 Josh Vick COVE 18
6 Todd Johnstone BDOS 16
7 Brad King BDOS 15
8 Andrew Bachmann CBCH 14
9 Robert Miles BDOS 13
10 Brendan McKeough REY 12
White Line Fever
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Slammer » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:58 pm

Bag The Points wrote:
Kart Horse wrote:

If it was Kane McIntyre I can see how he could still be best on ground despite the scores. This crap about "losing team can't have the BOG" is total garbage. Sure, it would naturally follow that a whalloping like that would have BOG from winning side MOST TIMES, but a player from the losing side is not impossible. I'd suggest Blake Mosar from Hackham could have actually been the best man on the park at least once or twice this year, but his team around him were so far below the oppsition his great game still can't get them up. Your team could be playing so poorly no blinder by you can change the result or even get you closer.
Give the umps some credit for noticing it.

BTP i totally agree players from the losing team can get BOG, just not in a flogging like that and 43 scoring shots to 18. surely there was someone in Cove that was better than Kane on that day.
Slammer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL