Clearances

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Clearances

Postby shoe boy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:36 am

Just interested on clubs/players/admin thoughts on player clearances?

If you had a player that for whatever reason did not want to be at your club(you would??)

From our point of view we always go through an exit interview process and after exhausting this a clearance would be granted(why have someone that doesnt want to be there)

The only area we play hard ball is with our kids that have come from the junior programme and have come into senior footy as most of these lads have played since school footy and a clearance would be very difficult and a lot of dialogue would take place b4 anyone would be cleared.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Re: Clearances

Postby HH3 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:37 am

Not saying your wrong or anything, but i wouldve thought if they didnt wanna play there, you should let them go, no matter what age they are.

The younger players know what they want...but they can be easily coaxed into staying by having a guilt trip put on them. Only to regret it and have to stay another year at a club they dont want to be at. This could potentially lead to them becoming disinterested in footy, and maybe taking the year off, or maybe even throw it away for good.

Like i said, not necessarily aimed at the shoes, just my opionion because I have seen it at other clubs, and the outcome is some very talented footballers throwing the game away. For some people staying at one football club all through juniors and then into seniors can get stale, and they need a change to keep them motivated.
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby the observer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:43 am

If a player does not want to be at a club you gain nothing from keeping him. Thats if he does not owe the club in some way and how you interpret that. Your club problem shoe boy is that these players or players being held up have sign a contact to try and play for a league club and have had clearance /transfer fees etc paid for them When they lose interest or Money is dangled in front of them they want out. Two different levels of clearance situations. The club in the long run have to be accountable for making sure their players enjoy the club and for some have enough opportunities.
the observer
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby shoe boy » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:50 am

Not making reference to the SANFL lads,that is a totaly different issue and I dont want to go there.

Just local footy and opinions re clearances.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby the observer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:42 pm

Fair reply Kids will just walk out these days and not play too hard for them as you well and truly know. Same principle talk to them if they are set in their ways let them go and hopefully all the good work you have done will send them back sooner than later
the observer
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby HH3 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Just wondering why Noarlunga are still trying to keep people that have wanted and been trying to leave since November. They havent changed their minds so far, so I doubt a meetings gonna do it. From what I hear they are trying to keep kids with the rule that if they played juniors they can be kept for 3 senior years. Theres one in particular that has been playing in the senior side for 5 years...just let them go...they arent gonna get opportunities there anyway.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby shoe boy » Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:26 am

hackham_hawk_3 wrote:Just wondering why Noarlunga are still trying to keep people that have wanted and been trying to leave since November. They havent changed their minds so far, so I doubt a meetings gonna do it. From what I hear they are trying to keep kids with the rule that if they played juniors they can be kept for 3 senior years. Theres one in particular that has been playing in the senior side for 5 years...just let them go...they arent gonna get opportunities there anyway.

HH3 a very uninformed post!!!
You lot keep doing what u are doing and we will manage our people!
The PEOPLE you refer to would be ONE person and I would suggest you talk with him!!!!
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Postby recruiter 10 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:35 am

shoe boy wrote:
hackham_hawk_3 wrote:Just wondering why Noarlunga are still trying to keep people that have wanted and been trying to leave since November. They havent changed their minds so far, so I doubt a meetings gonna do it. From what I hear they are trying to keep kids with the rule that if they played juniors they can be kept for 3 senior years. Theres one in particular that has been playing in the senior side for 5 years...just let them go...they arent gonna get opportunities there anyway.

The PEOPLE you refer to would be ONE person and I would suggest you talk with him!!!!

The player was seen at KFC getting the MOTHER LOAD bucket feast c'mon you two lets not argue and bicker surely this can be sorted out hawkman if you ask young mitch whats going on ;)
recruiter 10
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Kangarilla

Postby HH3 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:42 pm

shoe boy wrote:

I hear hes going to be released to us...but i wrote that post pre-meeting...and I was pretty well informed a couple of hours previous...

PS...if you read it properly...to not single A PERSON out you can say PEOPLE...it still works...
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL